U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 04:55 PM

1,278 posts, read 3,280,645 times

Advertisements

We do not have a buyers agent and have seen a house we want. How can we do this? and can we work this to our benefit.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 05:15 PM

17 posts, read 78,347 times
Some folks have done it. Will want/need attorney and best to do your homework about local real estate market, fees and terms as there are some things that are a little different fees and taxes, not to mention the timeframe or speed at which things happen so if financing timeframes can be tricky.

Benefit possible saving agents commission fees, so still some fees just in SOME chases a not as many fees, SOME folks have saved 6% fees (no selling agent 3% no listing agent 3%) But it depends how the sellers and yourselves handle it. ie. are the sellers already listed with a real estate agent? Have you already talked with an agent?

Last edited by stxer; 10-07-2012 at 05:24 PM..

Old 10-07-2012, 05:23 PM

I have not talked to a buying agent, I called the owner and he was nice but said he will have his( SELLING AGENT) call me. How can I use this to save some money.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 PM

1,688 posts, read 2,402,106 times
Good luck. Personally, I would not do it. Why not have a realtor? They are there for a reason. I'm sure there will be issues during the sale that you would need a knowledgeable proffesional on your side to help you through the process. It's your decision, but not very smart to go alone...especially in this shady world.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 PM

17 posts, read 78,347 times
Well if you don't use an agent and only use an attorney, that would save you the sellers agent fee % so that could affect your offer price. The owner has a listing agent fee is a % and then buyers agent would get a fee% than you could save if doing yourself. IF your attorney doesn't end up charging more than a regular listing and buyer agent relationship. Ask about fees before offering.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:34 PM

1,343 posts, read 1,957,155 times
I have no idea if its possible since an agent showed you a house that you now want to buy.. Don't know Florida laws regarding this......Best to you my friend

Old 10-07-2012, 05:44 PM

7,796 posts, read 10,217,112 times
The seller is actually paying for the buyers agent since the seller's agent will split his commission with the buyer agent. So, you can either use the seller's agent as a buyer's agent (dual agent), uses someone else in the seller's brokerage firm as your agent, or you can find yourself a totally unrelated agent and ask him to be your agent. (The actual choices available to you depend on your State.) Bottom line: having a buyer's agent is free (to the buyer)! So why would you not have one? That person can help you with everything related to buying a house and make the process go smoothly.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:48 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,888,988 times
Sid...most people that buy homes without an agent usually over pay for the house...I think that says it all...and remember the seller's agent is working exclusively for the seller...not you...no matter how much you think they like you...

Do you know what similiar other homes in the area are selling for...more????? Less??? are there problems with the house that the seller's agent cannot point out to you????...is something being built in the area that might change the value of the property after you buy???...your attorney will protect you during the sale...but unless he/she is aware of the current market...they will not be able to guide you price wise...how would you feel if after you sign the contracts you find a similiar home around the block is selling for 20-30-40 thousand dollars less...how many forecloseures...are in the area...

And remember...the seller's agent is not going to waive their fee just to see that you get a good deal...so find a buyer's agent and move forward...after all...you are about to make one of the most expensive pruchases in your life and you are worried about what...a few dollars?????

Old 10-07-2012, 06:10 PM

Rusty you are on target as well, most expensive purchase won't include my Ferrari or 46ft Hatteras. Just joking.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:12 PM

I should qualify my comment about no buyers agent.I had one until Friday, we looked at five houses including the one I like today but but in an offer on another less expensive one. Well my agent was too busy to write up the offer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach