Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 05:44 PM

10 posts, read 14,050 times

Advertisements

sorry, but gators in water are just a fact of life in florida. You never know where there is a gator lurking because you cannot see under the surface of the water and they are very stealthy. Even in the tiny gated community lakes I have seen gators. I am warning you: DO NOT put your dog in a lake, pond, or river in florida. I personally know so many people who have and have now lost their dogs because of it. If you care about your dog, you will stick to swimming pools and the beach. Please do not put your dog into un-salted or un-chlorinated bodies of water...ever. bye!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 06:40 PM

262 posts, read 937,770 times
I have to agree - strongly - with gjl2791. Alligators are quite stealthy and very fast when they want to be. They eat dogs. I'm sorry, but too many people have found the sad remains of their pet, which was lost to a gator.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,296 times
Do you have a Munsti? What part of FL do you live? I have a Munterlander too! She looves to jump into anything that has water. I never thought about the alligators though, that's a good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach