Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is the best of the three listed?
Port Saint Lucie 10 20.00%
Vero Beach 23 46.00%
Hobe Sound 8 16.00%
They're all dreadful places to live. 4 8.00%
I have nothing to add, but felt like voting anyway. 5 10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:55 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,337 times

Advertisements

I haven't spent much time in these cities, and I'm thinking they are very similar, but I'm sure there's others on here who can insight me with some info on these areas. So, are there any advantages of living in one of these particular cities listed? I'm leaning more in favor of Hobe Sound and Vero Beach, but.... what are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 04:58 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Hobe Sound is very very small. It's very "old Florida" and has a small town mentality. The beach isn't the best, in my opinion. It's closest to Palm Beach County and Jupiter though, so that is it's best feature. Probably the most expensive of the three.

Port Saint Lucie will have the best home values. But you're dealing with a city that is still trying to catch up to its growth. The city is huge land-wise, so where you live will determine your experience.

Vero is pretty much like PSL... just with a better downtown, and probably better jobs.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:16 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times
my vote = vero

Old 10-17-2007, 09:54 PM

250 posts, read 1,469,608 times
I voted Vero beach too - nice town, nice people!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:17 AM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Default here's my take...........

Hobe Sound, Martin County

Lots of potential. Nice little downtown, very homey home town, has a small seedy area near by... but that is gonna change, Nice beach, Blowing Rock Preserve, access to Jonathan Dickinson State park, Jupiter Island (rich folks) , in general, the area can be a mix of haves and have nots, rural area west of town, cattle ranches and orange groves, land expensive, nice homes, many larger upscale waterfront homes. Good land preservation out west taking place.
(my first choice)

Vero Beach, Indian River County

Or as we call it... Zero beach, newly weds and nearly deads, nice waterfront, beaches, lots of shopping, upscale, west of town offers a suburban lifestyle, nice homes good size lots. I like Vero (least familiar)

Port St. Lucie, St Lucie Co.

Boom town, that has lost it;'s fizzle for now. Will eventually be the next Lauderdale, Good values, good prices, least expensive of the three, lots of shopping, traffic, lots of foreclosures, lots of growing pains, but I think they'll get their act together one day. Highest unemployment. Best place for young families, school system fair but is improving.
(last choice)

Old 10-18-2007, 11:41 AM

904 posts, read 2,872,735 times
Born and raised in Vero. Great town, wonderful people, decent schools. Want to buy a house here? Mine is for sale.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:20 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times
"Want to buy a house here? Mine is for sale."

hi vbmom, arent you headed to greenville, sc? or am i thinking of someone else?

Old 11-19-2007, 12:55 PM

92 posts, read 468,066 times
Default moving to vero

I was born in vero and still here. We built our dream house last year out in the country (Nice thing about Vero-the country is five minutes from town.) Now we are getting transferred. I have to sell our home! Anyone have any ideas about this market and when it might pick up???

Old 11-19-2007, 08:35 PM

28 posts, read 110,610 times
Default Hobe Sound is the Best

Better schools and further South which will give you a better shot at year round weather.

Avoid downtown Vero Beach schools at all costs.......

Old 11-25-2007, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 8,718 times
Default dreadful

I've livedthere and if you like giant cockroahes, traffic jams, waiting for bridges, endless road construction, and sweltering heat, this place isfor you! Sure it's green in Janury, but if you're stuck in traffic all day trying to get to the crowded golf course, you don't get much benefit. Let's not get into the criminals and conmen waiting for the snowbirds...
Better to stay in Dayton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach