Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 07:46 PM

162 posts, read 311,139 times

Advertisements

Danders, is the home you looked at a new one or resale? I think that $6200 sound high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 08:22 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
No......that is an estimate for someone who doesn't have homestead or bought at the top of the market. Now it won't be anywhere near that amount

Old 03-19-2014, 05:58 AM

142 posts, read 230,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob kawon View Post
My wife and I are thinking of moving to the Minto community of Town Park @ Tradition. I would appreciate any comments and opinions about hurricaines, cost of living, workmanship of the homes or anything that you feel is relevant to this retired New Jersey couple enjoying our golden years.
Hey Bob - my wife and I are building in Town Park (hoping to break ground April 1) and will be happy to share some of our experiences and thoughts to this point. Minto is a Canadian company and from what I've seen, and been told, they are quality builders. The homes are well equipped from the start but of course there are any number of upgrades you can add. The way we approached it was this. If it was something we wanted and it made sense to do it at the time of build we did it. If it was something we could add later (don't forget, Minto makes a profit on the upgrades as well) we would do it then. An example might be doing the surround sound and wall TV mount now but screening in the lanai after the completion of the house.
Prices are going up! The base price on our model (Coral Reef) has gone up twice since January. Good and bad - our house will be worth more when completed so there is an immediate gain, the more one delays, the more it costs.
The clubhouse is spectacular and the pool (they tell me) is the largest in PSL (Port St Lucie).
We are coming down from NY (still a few years from retirement - transferring with my company). Hurricanes will always be an issue but you do get shutters with your home. The codes changed in 2001 or 2002 (there are folks here much more knowledgeable than me on this) so construction is better. Good luck with your decision.
Larry

Old 03-19-2014, 12:53 PM

194 posts, read 427,794 times
Can $6,200 for property taxes be right. Absolutely.

Examples from the Property Appraisers website

1- Home on Fieldstone, 4,200 sf without a homestead exemption has a total tax for 2013 at $8,537.09

2- Another on Fieldstone has 2,800 sf, bought in 2007 with a tax exemption has a total tax bill at $5,066 for 2013.

BTW you need to look at the actual tax bill to see the total tax number as the Property Appraiser does not include the assessments like the Tradition add on's which add another 1k to the bill plus some other PSL assessments.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:12 PM

ok..how about some others - from the property appraisers site -- and it give a total of everything

Fieldstone -Combined taxes and assessments: $4,477.92

Fieldstone- Combined taxes and assessments: $4,658.15

These two fees are from the City of PSL - not Tradition
PSL Stormwater Traditions Improv/Maint $153.00
PSL Solid Waste Assessment $268.36

These two are from Tradition
Traditions Operat/Maint $179.64
Traditions Bond $852.33

Old 03-19-2014, 08:43 PM

I agree with Javaman, the quality of the Minto home is very good. You can also add many of the upgrades for less after closing such as crown moulding for less. Many of the subs here are willing to do side work, you just have to ask.

Javaman, One suggestion is to give some thought as to whether you will be screening in the existing patio or adding pavers and then screening in. Being from the north, we thought (and did) that we could just add it after closing, however it is the one regret we had. We wish we had At least added the pavers when we built since it was more costly to tear up the sod and then get additional permits to pour footers etc.

Old 03-20-2014, 05:45 AM

142 posts, read 230,645 times
Good advice PhotoFlo - we did opt to screen in after the build is complete and would add additional pavers then. Did not realize it is involved as you say/experienced. Will discuss with the CFO (my wife) and consider making the change now. You are absolutely correct about crown moulding - their costs are outrageous when compared to doing it independently. We are doing that after the build. Your experience - completion in 4 months?

Old 03-20-2014, 08:47 PM

We signed our paperwork in early july and were completed in late December. Depending on when you actually signed, you could be done by September once they break ground. Some houses seem to move faster than others. I am guessing that the ones that are already sold get completed before the spec homes most of them move so fast it is hard to tell!

Old 04-09-2014, 07:31 PM

11 posts, read 32,323 times
Hi guys, posted on Vitalia too but interested in Minto, Is is geared to family. it is advertised as an active adult community. Any thoughts, the houses in Vitalia although lovely, are just not the right layoutt for us. But i love the development. Verano a bit out of price range for what we would be looking for. Minto has great homes but I am not looking for a youg family develpment, I was hoping is was geared more to the active adult. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Old 04-09-2014, 07:55 PM

by the way.... OTHERS are advertising various communities as "active adult" like Magnolia Lakes, Lake Charles, Lake Forest, etc. but in no way are those communities advertising themselves that way. They are not "active adult" communities and have no age restrictions.

The 55+ magazines do it all the time ...

here... take a look.... its just not true and the communties themselves are NOT doing the advertising

http://www.55places.com/florida/city/port-st-lucie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach