Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Caa Caa started this thread

940 posts, read 2,492,241 times

Advertisements

Hi all! My family of three are looking to move back to Florida, we re currently in Baton Rouge, La. wE like it here a lot, but our parents are getting older and we are looking to move to Palm City, near my brother who lives in Stuart. We have a ten year old daughter so we are wondering about elem and middle schools both public and private, also about Musical Theatre or performing Arts for kids as my child is very involved in competitive musical theatre here. Also about vet tech jobs and RN jobs. Any general advice on FAMILY neighborhoods, not a lot of retiree's, friendly neighbors aetc and any other helpful info would be ideal! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,215,870 times
Palm City has great A rated schools for your children and there are plenty of "family" areas to choose from to live in. You are across the bridge from the Stuart area, as well as Martin Memorial Medical, and any other kind of medical office you may want. There is also a new Martin Memorial Hospital under construction in Tradition, a quick easy trip up a few exists from Palm City to Gatlin Blvd.

I would think you would all love the area.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:01 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,524,755 times
I agree with flalady. I don't know about musical theater, I imagine there are programs around. You may want to look at what the local theaters have for summer programs too. Lyric in Stuart, malts in Jupiter and kravis in west palm beach.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Caa Caa started this thread

940 posts, read 2,492,241 times
thanks so much any neighborhoods you would reccommend? I hope we can make the right decision,i am scared to move!

Old 03-26-2013, 02:39 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,524,755 times
Palm city is not big. Its either something around monarch or Danforth as a community or you are out in the agriculture .

Old 03-29-2013, 07:11 AM

95 posts, read 226,460 times
Just sent you a reply to your other post. Some neighborhoods to look into are, Cobblestone, Copperleaf, Martin Downs CC, Highlands Reserve, Hammock Creek, Isleworth, Danforth, Orichid Bay, River's Landing, Evergreene, Crane Creek and the Light House Point area. There are a few more, I just cant think of the names. These are mostly familiy neighborhoods, but you always find some retired people mixed in who like living in these neighborhoods vs. a retirement community.

Highland's Reserve is one of the neighborhoods with the most families. The school bus for HR only stops at that neighborhood, there are so many kids. However, the lots are not big and the homes are close. There are some bigger lots, but not many. With most neighborhoods, bigger lot means bigger price, such as Cobblestone or Canopy Creek. Let me know if you have questions. We have lived here for over 4 yrs and have school age children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach