Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 06:52 AM

564 posts, read 1,873,335 times

Advertisements

We have different concerns here in New England but it's workled well for ticks, a huge concern here beceause of Lyme Disease.

Two dogs tick free all year (knock wood!) so far
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,453 times
I live here in North Carolina and we bought 2 of the Seresto Flea Collars for our Tibetian Spaniels and have had good luck with them. I have had them on my 2 babies for about 2 or 3 months now and I have no fleas. I really like it for it doesn't mess up their fur and doesn't make either fur all greasy. And using Frontline and Advantix I always worried that they would lick it or something and they would have fleas within 2 weeks. And had to reappply. But with this collar I paid 54 each at Petsmart and havent had to use anyother flea control. Kept the reciept just in case but so far so good.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,221 times
I just purchased the Seresto Cat Flea Collar from the vet 3 weeks ago. Last night I was horrified to see that it had burned the fur around the neck and there is an open bloody wound at the top of her neck. Because of Easter weekend, I cannot get a vet appointment until Monday. I am worried the wound will get infected.

I do not recommend this flea collar for any cat! The pesticide must be too strong. I want my money back and I want Bayer to pay for my Vet's bill.

Frightened in Massachusetts!

Old 04-21-2014, 05:17 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,172,861 times
I wont use flea collars on my pets -- heard way too many bad things

Old 04-21-2014, 05:18 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,172,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stracefans View Post
I live here in North Carolina and we bought 2 of the Seresto Flea Collars for our Tibetian Spaniels and have had good luck with them. I have had them on my 2 babies for about 2 or 3 months now and I have no fleas. I really like it for it doesn't mess up their fur and doesn't make either fur all greasy. And using Frontline and Advantix I always worried that they would lick it or something and they would have fleas within 2 weeks. And had to reappply. But with this collar I paid 54 each at Petsmart and havent had to use anyother flea control. Kept the reciept just in case but so far so good.

if you put the liquid at the back of their neck they can't reach it. Pull their fur apart so you can see the skin and then apply it.

Old 04-27-2014, 03:29 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,599,769 times
As a cautionary note please be careful with pesticides, not only do they kill the intended nuisance but they also can kill other good nuisances around the house. There once was an area that thought they had a snake problem so over years the residents that moved here from more northern climates eradicated every snake now they have a huge rodent problem, one million dollar house had so many the residents had to move out. Something about unintended consequences. Years ago when I was a child I lived in a raised house with a crawl space under the house and my parents had a flea problem that was very bad. They learned that nicotine was a natural repellant and decided to use it against the fleas. They went to a local cigar manufacturer and bought several large bags of cigar trimmings and spread them under the house. It worked!! no more fleas But the unintended consequence was we had thousands of roaches feasting on the tobacco and the smell of the tobacco permeated the air in the house for months. For my parents that smoked they did not notice it but for me as a child the smell was disgusting and gave me headaches; to this day many decades later I cannot stand the smell of tobacco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach