Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 07:52 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times

Advertisements

and you live ...where? Oklahoma? on a farm with 8 acres..... and you want to preach about housing HERE, in Florida..where you don't live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 10:32 AM

228 posts, read 247,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
and you live ...where? Oklahoma? on a farm with 8 acres..... and you want to preach about housing HERE, in Florida..where you don't live.
Lets see, i've lived in the following

Jacksonville
Atlanta
San antonio
Biloxi
wichita falls
Oklahoma city
Korea
Japan
Germany

Now those are the ones with greater than a year stay, if we break it down to between 3-12 months, we can add Saudi Arabia, kuwait, belgium, UAE, Alberta, and probably a few more im forgetting.

I Own homes now in Atl., OKC and have just bought a house in PSL. I maintained my Florida residency status my entire military career to take advantage of the tax breaks etc. I am not a "wealthy" man and not bragging in the slightest about that as there are plenty of people who make way more money than I. The reason I am so keyed in on the PSL market right now is I got into the investment side of the house during my research and saw what was happening with the houses there, i find it fascinating that the method investors are using are considered smart/routine in the area, how they manipulate the market and how that affects the non investor type housing prices. How a block of home can disappear from the market, come back on market a fiscal quarter later at higher prices, making other home look more attractive etc.

and again, you misread. my home is on 8 acres, my "farm" (important distinction due to tax and legal reason) is on 12+, but is/was shared with others and is much larger use wise.

So lets summarize; You and I have different opinions on HOA's brought upon in part due to our chosen and/or forced lifestyles, you believe in preaching the many benefits of HOA's in one hand and in the other hand you have a career dealing in real estate mostly dealing with a multi level MPC with multiple HOA's. I have stopped and HOA from forming and Helped my Airmen get out of complications with HOA's during my career.

I am blessed to be able to survive on a modest to average income brought about by good decisions early in my life and even though I have severe handicaps, I am happy because I have an awesome loving family that my career forced me to neglect somewhat for 18 years and now I get to share in that warmth everyday.

You work too much to mow your yard, which if a typical lot for the area is less than 1/4 acre. Which I guess also means you don't have time to garden? plant some climbing roses? maybe a patio meyer lemon tree? Would you like for my wife or I to teach you basic container gardening or raised bed gardening? I mean we aren't great or anything but we pulled in on average 5-6K pounds of veggies a season/year on less than an acre on our "project garden". It is very relaxing and the fresh, better tasting, healthy food grown organically is just a perk.

Oh one more thing to be clear, I asked you questions, you answered them and those answers were helpful and what drove me to give centennial a second look and talking with the staff there helped me decide that either school was a good enough choice as the school may not push students like some schools but all of the same programs are there.

The only thing we are at odds over is HOA living, and we actually agree on the top pro's and con's of HOA's, we just weigh each one differently.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:42 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Never asked and dont care about your private life at all....

Living in an HOA is a choice. You either like it or you don't. You apparently do not understand WHY there are 2 HOA's in Tradition so I tried to enlighten you with the reason WHY there needs to be.

I like living in an HOA... others don't. I don't care which you like actually.

IM DONE HERE have better things to do

Old 10-28-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Never asked and dont care about your private life at all....

Living in an HOA is a choice. You either like it or you don't. You apparently do not understand WHY there are 2 HOA's in Tradition so I tried to enlighten you with the reason WHY there needs to be.

I like living in an HOA... others don't. I don't care which you like actually.

IM DONE HERE have better things to do
There was no confusion on why there are 2 HOA's in tradition, just like there is no confusion as to why there is additional fees for infrastructure etc on top of the 2 Hoa fees, but in my mind the fees are mostly irrelevant, because that is the price you pay to be segregated from the world around you, to some it is worth it, to others its stupid to pay in excess of 5-800 on top of a mortgage to have a comfortable shoe that can never be changed to live in. (and yes that money does include goods and services in most instances to pay for things from security to pools club houses etc. basic cable/internet lawn care etc. so there is some value)

Old 10-28-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Wow! Talk about sexist? Where is it written in stone that lawn mowing is a man's job? Should the little lady be in the kitchen making biscuits while the man of the house is tending to the yard? You have now jumped the shark, Lady B!

Besides, Sham stated that his wife cuts the grass because she doesn't like the appearance when he uses the tractor, not because he has her do it. You two need a time out.

Its no worry Koko, FlaB is actually a pretty helpful individual and is a valuable part of this forum, and community, just don't talk bad about the things she loves that also happen to earn her money. It really is weird how someone will key in on one aspect of a conversation that was related by overall irrelevant to the point and take offense in some way to it.

The thing that should be taken away from all of it is, that the schools public/charter etc. are getting better and if they are not up to an individuals standards than there is other options that can be explored from full on private schools to hybrid online schools to home school groups that have meetings and established teachers of certain subject to give the kids a breadth of knowledge and still experience the social aspect of school, just in a more controlled environment. I am worried to a degree about tradition slowly closing itself off from the east of 95 crowd, but ultimately its not my concern cause I don't live there.

The concern is about the way money flows through the district, right now the county does a good job of making sure that money is distributed equally around the district, unlike other counties in the state/country that will have a rich school a block away from a poor school and the kid suffer because of their parents decisions. There is a great huffington post article about why white people will live in "diverse culture areas" to give their kids the experience of diversity but then send them to majority white schools because of the test scores. That is what I am hoping to avoid, my daughters are worldly and enjoy different cultures and are fully vested in the "global movement" etc. and I applaud them for it, but if the county allows tradition and whatever other MPC's spring up to wall off their children and their dollars from the general pool then the school system as a whole will suffer.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:15 AM

74 posts, read 147,927 times
Does anybody know what is that k-8 school on PSL Blvd by Dalton? Its called achievement school or something... Just out of curiosity

Old 10-29-2015, 03:04 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,951 times
You mean NAU Imagine?? It's at the corner of PSL blvd and Becker Blvd.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:46 AM

74 posts, read 147,927 times
No, I mean the one on the corner of Dalton and PSL Blvd next to the day care. Small School

Old 10-31-2015, 06:37 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,951 times
Oh, yes- the small one in what looks like a strip mall next to the canal. My understanding of it is basically a glorified preschool.

http://www.daltonlearningcenter.net/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach