Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Caa Caa started this thread

940 posts, read 2,491,019 times

Advertisements

Hi All, wondering some pros and cons of the city of Stuart and the city of Palm City. My family and I may be moving to Palm City, but want to get locals information first. My brother lives in Staurt and likes it a lot, but says that if he and his wife had a family, he would live in Palm City. information and/or Pros and cons of things like, crime, schools, friendliness of people, how many northern transplants there are(no offense but we live in Baton Rouge and there are hardly any transplans here), age range of people there, job market for an RN and an xray/vet tech, etc any advice or onfo would be greatly appreciated!thnaks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 02:12 PM

95 posts, read 226,324 times
We have lived in Palm City for 4 yrs and it has been great for our family. The schools are fantastic. My husband works in Palm Beach Gardens and Palm City is convenient to both 95 and the Turnpike.

It is quiet here, and not congested compared to points south. Crime is low, people are friendly and just like other places in Florida, you find a lot of people from other places. Our neighbors are from Louisiana . Since there are a lot of family neighborhoods here, you find more people that age than retirees. There are a few +55 areas, but not many.

PC has your immediate shopping needs like Grocery, Drug Store, Pizza places, Panera, etc., but for bigger "box" stores, Target and WalMart we go to Stuart and Jensen Beach.

Regarding hospital jobs you probably would look in Stuart, West Palm and maybe PSL. PSL is building new medical facility near Tradition off 95.

Our kids are involved in plenty of activities, dance, baseball, Tae Kwon Do etc. I cant speak for Stuart since we have never lived there. We moved to Palm City because of the reputation of the schools. Let me know if you have any questions about Palm City.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Caa Caa started this thread

940 posts, read 2,491,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd610 View Post
We have lived in Palm City for 4 yrs and it has been great for our family. The schools are fantastic. My husband works in Palm Beach Gardens and Palm City is convenient to both 95 and the Turnpike.

It is quiet here, and not congested compared to points south. Crime is low, people are friendly and just like other places in Florida, you find a lot of people from other places. Our neighbors are from Louisiana . Since there are a lot of family neighborhoods here, you find more people that age than retirees. There are a few +55 areas, but not many.

PC has your immediate shopping needs like Grocery, Drug Store, Pizza places, Panera, etc., but for bigger "box" stores, Target and WalMart we go to Stuart and Jensen Beach.

Regarding hospital jobs you probably would look in Stuart, West Palm and maybe PSL. PSL is building new medical facility near Tradition off 95.

Our kids are involved in plenty of activities, dance, baseball, Tae Kwon Do etc. I cant speak for Stuart since we have never lived there. We moved to Palm City because of the reputation of the schools. Let me know if you have any questions about Palm City.
thanls so much for your reply, if you get a chance to talk to your neighbors, I am curious why they left here. We are originally from south Florida(cape coral) and moved here 8 years ago for a change. We love it here, but miss the families so much. It also seems that people here stay here all their lives, seems we are the only people who do not have relatives in baton Rouge, which sometimes has us feeling a little "left out" though no one here has ever made us feel that way. My daughter always complains about wanted to move back to Florida(she is only 10) to be closer to family, although she has no idea of the involvement! Thanks again, we will continue to decide what is right for us, it is a scary thing to move!!

Old 07-14-2013, 08:12 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,210,003 times
Recruitment Event to be held in Port St Lucie,

August 28 - Martin Health Systems - 9am to 3pm at the Port St Lucie Civic Center, 9221 SE Civic Center Place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach