Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 07:04 PM

44 posts, read 58,639 times

Advertisements

I can say with great pleasure , that I'm FINALLY moving to Port St Lucie!!!!! The SS house that we've been waiting for , is finally ours ( well, the banks) until paid off. Lol! We signed the contract on June 26th , and just today we have a closing date. Almost threw the towel in several times, but I'm so happy we didn't give up. I can't wait to be in my new home :-)))) I thought for sure this would've been a forever process , or a dead end. Thank you to everyone on here for the great advice you'd given to me. I appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 09:45 PM

135 posts, read 190,401 times
COngrats MSilva. I successfully purchased a home in PSL in 2010. I am about to move in permanently in a few months. I haven't regretted it.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:04 PM

Default Finally

Thank you , Lorac0561 :-). Congrats to you , as well . I'm so excited to be leaving Massachusetts !!!! No more SNOW!!! Port St Lucie is a beautiful place! I can't wait to get down there , get settled in and call it my home. I have a lot of work cut out for me now . I should've been on the ball with preparing for my move down , but the last I heard from my agent was to just keep the kids enrolled in school in Mass. , just to be safe ,because it could be a long process. So , while things were up in the air, I procrastinated about getting things squared away :-/ But, hopefully things will go smoothly . Thank you , for replying . Good luck with your move down :-)

Old 09-05-2013, 08:06 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
Congrats on your short sale purchase even though it took a little longer than expected. Welcome to the Treasure Coast region and PSL. We'll be glad to help with any info if needed. Have a safe trip down.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:08 PM

693 posts, read 704,981 times
Welcome. I think you will love it here.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:31 PM

Smile Finally!!!

Thank you, JERSEY MAN and lindarby :-) I think you're right, lindarby .......I'm going to love it !!!! Right now I'm debating whether I should drive with the children in tow or fork out the cash to have my mini van transported. I've never driven to Florida alone , only as a passenger, but the thought of driving down petrifies me! Last time I we drove , it was a nightmare !!! I'd rather save my money and save it , but I just don't think I can do it all alone. I will be the only driver and it's a long haul. But, other then that dilemma ,,, I'm so EXCITED!!!!!! It was 67 degrees out today, it felt colder than that . Thank goodness I won't be here to endure the long cold winters!!! Last year we went 2 weeks without electricity due to a snow storm. Talk about freezing !!!!! I'd rather lose power due to a hurricane ( will be smart and have generator this time) and deal with the heat over frigid temps!

Old 09-06-2013, 01:18 PM

138 posts, read 244,037 times
There is a website where you can list and auction your shipping, tends to cost much less then prices listed out there. A search engine should point you in the right direction or I can pm you if your interested . We just saved a few hundred over any shipping companies quote not to long ago.
Good luck and congrats

Old 09-06-2013, 01:32 PM

Default Locallt

Thank you very much for the info. I called around today and found a company in my area, they charge $ 850 door to door service. That was the most reasonable price ,thus far. Once again , thank you . I appreciate your reply.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:00 PM

53 posts, read 66,384 times
Default What is a short sale?

I dont really understand what one is just by reading it online. Can one of yall please explain to me what it actualy means to buy a short sale? We are looking and trying to figure out if we want to build a house ourself again or buy from a realtor,owner,foreclouser,short sale or even a auction. Trying to figure out what the short sales,foreclousures and auctions are all about.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:27 PM

472 posts, read 668,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixxi_moon View Post
I dont really understand what one is just by reading it online. Can one of yall please explain to me what it actualy means to buy a short sale? We are looking and trying to figure out if we want to build a house ourself again or buy from a realtor,owner,foreclouser,short sale or even a auction. Trying to figure out what the short sales,foreclousures and auctions are all about.
Short sale is sort of like a "friendly foreclosure". In a foreclosure the owner walked away from the property pissed off because he lost all his investment and credit score. In return some owners leave some holes on the wall and roof, and the bank suffers more loss. So to compromise, the bank agrees the owner to walk away from the loan, in return the owner will try to sell the house fast with the best price so the bank can recover some loss. However there is loop hole in short sale, which is the owner sells the house to his friends at low price. The bank will try to avoid this, so they will hire an agent and approve the sale price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach