Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 09:36 PM

9 posts, read 34,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRNBSN View Post
I am also considering this area, have vacationed around Vero Beach. I am an RN just starting on line Nurse Practitioner school. Can you give me an idea of the medical community there or need for nurses?
There is a flourishing medical community in the area and they're practically screaming for quality nursing staff. If I were still physically able to transfer patients I would pretty much have my pick of many opportunities to re-enter the Nursing Assistant field. An RN Nurse Practitioner would likely have so many offers it would make your head spin!

The Martin Health System in Martin and St. Lucie Counties and the Lawnwood System in St. Lucie County would be a good starting point, just google their websites because that's where the jobs are posted.

Best wishes for going back to school! Definitely look into it because you can find some amazing real estate deals here, especially in St. Lucie County. If you have school aged children Martin County has one of the best school districts in the area, so if I were you I'd look into working here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 11:50 AM

644 posts, read 1,484,664 times
I'm from the northeast, and I've had a hard time choosing between the east coast and west coast of Florida. I was considering Bradenton - but everything is very spread out, with many huge gated communities like Lakewood Ranch, etc. and a lot of driving through heavy traffic in season.

I think the Treasure coast, with its smaller towns, has some areas where things are close by and I would not have to do so much driving to get to stuff. But there's a different "feel" to each area and I think I could like either.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:47 AM

4 posts, read 8,050 times
I see youve gotten a few replies. Heres my 2cents. I moved to Boston from Ny to be close to my girlfriend. We came to visit her brother in Port St. Lucie Fl. for 2 days on our way to a cruise. Fast forward 1yr.... we got married in psl and 4 months later we closed on a house in psl and we've been here 5 years now and love it. We dont have school aged kids so I cant comment on the schools but of all the communities in Fl psl seems to be growing the most. Since ive been here ive seen so much change. I'm even saying wow I wish I was 20 yrs younger because I see good things happening in this community. Thats my 2cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach