Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 01:24 PM

7 posts, read 22,196 times

Advertisements

Hi folks, I am thinking about building a home in Port Saint Lucie. Specifically, I am looking at building east of US1 between Walton and Jensen Blvd. Any advice would be helpful. Specifically, what is the average cost of building per square foot. Also, any builders that would be reccommended or maybe to be avoided. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 02:02 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,797,897 times
How far along are you in this decision? Do you have a lot, or are you just dreaming?? I know Adams homes is a good company that will build where you need.

Home Builders in Port Saint Lucie, Florida | Port St. Lucie Home Builders

Old 11-06-2013, 02:17 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,608,952 times
Not too long ago I read there are 2700 houses for sale in Port St Lucie. Recently a house in my neighborhood sold for 92k with a screened pool. With so much out there why build, plus I heard the permit fees to build are outrageous approaching 15k- this is just second hand information and I suggest looking at all factors before building, oth, someone recently built a house in my neighborhood, so go figure. I almost wrote " build a new house" but .......

Old 11-06-2013, 07:51 PM

7 posts, read 22,196 times
Good point about purchasing a home. The problem is that I am about one to three years out before moving. I am not sure that I want to be a landlord for that long. I am hoping to build a 3 bed 2 bath 2 car garage under 200k. Am I being reasonable or am I way off the mark.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:49 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,629,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychsolutions View Post
Good point about purchasing a home. The problem is that I am about one to three years out before moving. I am not sure that I want to be a landlord for that long. I am hoping to build a 3 bed 2 bath 2 car garage under 200k. Am I being reasonable or am I way off the mark.
I think for the area that you picked it is doable. Just be careful about the specific street and lot because when we have tropical storms many streets flood in this area causing homes to flood. Also check insurance, from what I am aware of insurance east of Rt. 1 is more than west of Rt. 1. Good luck with your search.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:19 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,797,897 times
3 bed/2 baths are a dime a dozen, you will have NO problem building under $200/k- provided you aren't buying $20/sq ft granite flooring. Nobody knows what it will look like 3 years from now. The Chinese could come over demanding us to pay the debt we owe them, and our economy could be even worse than it is now. You just never know. Good luck!

Old 11-08-2013, 11:44 AM

194 posts, read 428,137 times
I would also not build new at this time for the reasons noted by the previous poster. I would say you can expect to pay in the $80 psf range and most likely more like $100 psf for new construction for a home with base features. At 1 to 3 years out I would definitely sit on the sidelines and see where the market is going. The last year was good but there are signs out there now that the Real Estate Market is stalling out. East or west of US 1, I would not jump in now.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:56 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,205,704 times
There are several new home builders -- Paradise Homes is also a good one. A number of people are building new now. The cost just depends on what you want in it.

As was said, East of US#1 might not be your best choice of locations for various reasons, flooding and insurance being just 2 of them.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:33 AM

910 posts, read 2,220,236 times
Not sure about PSL, but I think in Vero Beach, if you live east of US 1 it is a mandatory evacuation zone during a hurricane. At least that is what I read. Anyone know for sure ? PSL could have different zoning for that but it is something to consider when selecting a location.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:49 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,307,138 times
East of US 1 in PSL isn't in a mandatory evacuation zone ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach