Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 02:33 PM

4 posts, read 6,307 times

Advertisements

Runs,
I completely agree with you on the need to go to source documents and read regulations yourself. I would never take action based on an email from an agent or anyone else. I thought it interesting that the builder referred me to an agent on my inquiry for the HOA regs. I enclosed the agent's response in quotes, and thought it may be relevant to the discussion. Perhaps not. What I take from the exchange is "no fences here, look elsewhere".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 04:14 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccadad View Post
Runs,
I completely agree with you on the need to go to source documents and read regulations yourself. I would never take action based on an email from an agent or anyone else. I thought it interesting that the builder referred me to an agent on my inquiry for the HOA regs. I enclosed the agent's response in quotes, and thought it may be relevant to the discussion. Perhaps not. What I take from the exchange is "no fences here, look elsewhere".
You're right it was totally relevant. And yeah, I think some builders must use certain agents which is not my experience with new construction up North. My builder Toll Bros had a sales office with his own staff but it may be different here.

And yeah, I got the same thing from your post: look elsewhere. Oh well. That's a pretty big place so maybe it's for the best.

I didn't like the agent SUGGESTING an efence without SAYING "They use efences there". Maybe they're not even the real original builder and just doing a few lots like in Serenoa where a new builder bought out the original one.

They have clubhouse, pool, gates and fences there, just fyi haha.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:49 PM

5 posts, read 9,028 times
Just joined the site, we are ready to make our escape from the Indiana winters, and are considering Vero Beach. I have lived in SE FL (Miami, Homestead, Boca Raton) and regularly visit a friend in Delray Beach. However, seems like the cost of living is much higher in those places than VB. We don't want to jump into buying, and want to rent for a year to be sure VB is a good fit. Does anyone have any info on the apartments in the area? We want something decent and with amenities, i.e. nice, large pool and close to the beach.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:52 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indybabe View Post
Just joined the site, we are ready to make our escape from the Indiana winters, and are considering Vero Beach. I have lived in SE FL (Miami, Homestead, Boca Raton) and regularly visit a friend in Delray Beach. However, seems like the cost of living is much higher in those places than VB. We don't want to jump into buying, and want to rent for a year to be sure VB is a good fit. Does anyone have any info on the apartments in the area? We want something decent and with amenities, i.e. nice, large pool and close to the beach.
Yes, always rent first there's always an adjustment and your perspective may change between what you THOUGHT you wanted originally.

You need to come and drive up and down all the streets then spend maybe a week renting BEFORE signing an annual lease, IMO. There are plenty of hidden places even on the barrier island that I'm still finding 5 years later. Just yesterday I worked for people in a small condo community on the island I didn't even know had the type of housing they have.

For complexes: Of this list I would put the Preserve and the Fountains in a lower desirability order but they're all nice. I'm not including the Ft Pierce or Sebastian listings, I know nothing about them. I'm not sure this list is all inclusive.

Apartments for Rent in Vero Beach, FL - 33 Rentals

Vero is a quiet unpretentious community even though there's alot of wealth here. The barrier island is gorgeous and you can find a ton of private rentals, too. Even the Vista Royale condos $500.00that are inexpensive are a good community. You have to be cautious renting privately but I've done it twice with no issues and twice WITH issues.

In sort order lowest price to highest:

Vero Beach FL Homes, Condos/Townhomes and Apartments for Rent - realtor.comĀ®

The beach is close to everywhere - within 15 minutes since we're a coastal community.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:39 AM

910 posts, read 2,219,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
For complexes: Of this list I would put the Preserve and the Fountains in a lower desirability order but they're all nice. I'm not including the Ft Pierce or Sebastian listings, I know nothing about them. I'm not sure this list is all inclusive.
Just to clarify, there is an apartment complex called the Preserve, which is NOT the same as the gated community with the same name. The latter is a very nice place to live (I know, I live there). The gated community (regular houses) is at the corner of 20th Avenue and 5th Street SW. Some of the houses here are rented, by the way. There's one across the street that should be available by summer (assuming it doesn't already have a tenant lined up). Like most gated communities, a certain percentage of the houses are allowed to be rentals.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:54 PM

Thanks to both runswithscissors & Sealark7, sounds like there isn't any really bad areas and the apartment rental rates are so much more reasonable than farther south. Hopefully our condo in Indy sells quickly and we can be settled in before the snow flies next winter.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:36 PM

Looking at a condo around Hwy 603 and Royal Poinciana Park. Any feedback on that area?

Old 03-25-2014, 08:04 PM

Hwy 603 is Indian River Blvd, a nice "bypass" of US 1 and only about ten minutes from the beach at its southern end. Most of the neighborhoods off it look nice, at least from what I see driving past them. The farther west you go from 603, the more varied the neighborhoods; lower middle class houses within a block of much nicer ones.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:39 PM

Thanks, a little nervous about renting the unit, but sounds OK. I appreciate the feedback.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:03 AM

Did you try a Google Earth street view on the address ? That might help too. In general, living along the southern end of Indian River Blvd is a nice location as you are not that far from grocery stores (there's a Publix about five minutes away, both north and south). You are a bit farther from the main "big box" stores along western 20th Street, maybe 20 minutes, but there are a lot of shops and restaurants at the east end of 21st Street (Known, for some reason, as Miracle Mile).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach