Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 05:02 PM

142 posts, read 228,630 times

Advertisements

Okay, here's my conundrum....family has been in the area (PSL) for a good number of years and we (wife and I) have tossed and turned about relocating to Florida or Nevada (Las Vegas). After much thought, we decided Florida and PSL was for us. Problem is this....family now lives in Vero and would like nothing more for us to move there. Vero, overall, looks nice but I'm still thinking PSL and Tradition is where we want to be. Of course ultimately, we will decide where to go....your collective thoughts?? Vero versus PSL? General thoughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 07:58 AM

2,955 posts, read 4,961,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javaman12 View Post
Okay, here's my conundrum....family has been in the area (PSL) for a good number of years and we (wife and I) have tossed and turned about relocating to Florida or Nevada (Las Vegas). After much thought, we decided Florida and PSL was for us. Problem is this....family now lives in Vero and would like nothing more for us to move there. Vero, overall, looks nice but I'm still thinking PSL and Tradition is where we want to be. Of course ultimately, we will decide where to go....your collective thoughts?? Vero versus PSL? General thoughts??
No amount of advice should weigh your opinion. You'll have to do the work yourself. Go to the area and spend the time making an appraisal. You may find yourself in a quandary or experience a personal epiphany. I would include areas outside your primary interest.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:06 AM

24 posts, read 63,464 times
The cities are very different. PSL has a population greater than all of Indian River County where Vero is just one little city in the county. If kids are ever a thought, Vero without any hesitation or someplace in Martin County; schools are much better. Like HarryWho? said, stay in the area for a while and check both cities out and the cities around both. Every city around here has its own unique feeling. It ultimately comes down to what you are wanting and spending.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:40 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,788,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javaman12 View Post
Have you BEEN to Vero or, I should say - the Sebastian Vero Beach MSA?

You don't talk about the thought process or why so how would anyone know what to tell you? There's really no comparison, IMO.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:46 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,823,680 times
I agree with runwithscissors. You're talking about 2 entirely different areas. However, if your family lives in Vero Beach, it's really not too far to drive for a visit if you live in PSL. Of course it would be a very long commute if you had to drive it daily, but you'll still be close enough. OTOH it depends on how often you like to visit your relatives.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:59 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,134,776 times
You need to come down and take a test drive of the areas. Tradition is wonderful and I loved living there. It's about a half hour to most of Vero so driving is no biggie. It all depends on how you feel once you actually get here and have a chance to look around.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:01 PM

20 posts, read 41,622 times
I'd vote for Vero hands down. When I watch the nightly news the crime news casts of PSL outnumber Vero beach like 10:1.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:12 PM

1,380 posts, read 2,288,982 times
PSL is more than 10 times Veros size ..more people more crime

Old 06-23-2014, 04:25 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,134,776 times
PSL is NOT a crime area....

just did this on the Internet ....who knows how accurate they are- used 2 different places

Crime in Vero Beach, Florida
Violent Crime 56.6 41.4
Property Crime 53.2 43.5

Crime Port St. Lucie, FL
Violent Crime 46.8 41.4
Property Crime 36.8 43.5

Port St Lucie and St Lucie County are different as well - since St Lucie Co includes Ft Pierce

another rating

Port St Lucie
CRIME INDEX
44 (100 is safest)
Safer than 44% of the cities in the US.
Port St. Lucie Annual Crimes
VIOLENT PROPERTY TOTAL
395 3,031 3,426
annual crimes per 1,000 residents
2.35 18.00 20.34

Vero Beach
CRIME INDEX
14 (100 is safest)
Safer than 14% of the cities in the US.
Vero Beach Annual Crimes
VIOLENT PROPERTY TOTAL
56 586 642
annual crimes per 1,000 residents
3.61 37.74 41.35

PSL comes out ahead of Vero Beach in less crime

Old 06-23-2014, 05:05 PM

5,815 posts, read 12,571,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vero Gal View Post
I'd vote for Vero hands down. When I watch the nightly news the crime news casts of PSL outnumber Vero beach like 10:1.
This perception of PSL is well known to many. When I tell people up north that I have rental properties in PSL they think it's ghetto, friends in Martin County consistantly put it down. You see it in these posts. Many say the schools are crappy which translates into a overall bad view of the city. Not too bad in my opinion with nice areas and some crappy streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach