Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 11:27 AM

10 posts, read 18,381 times

Advertisements

We are looking at a home at 506 36th Ave., Vero Beach...any thoughts???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 03:00 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginabob4667 View Post
We are looking at a home at 506 36th Ave., Vero Beach...any thoughts???
I was in that neighborhood last week at a yard sale. It's quiet and the people seem nice. The yards are on the small side though.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:38 AM

Default Waters edge & wood bridge estates in vero beach

We are making our way down on 2/15 and have done months of research on this area. It is so difficult to look at all these houses in developments and not knowing what they are like. We found a few homes in these areas and wanted some input. The realtor is steering us towards falcon trace - which is beautiful but at the top if our budget...can anyone give us an explanation on some of the communities??

We are looking to spend no more than $200,000, newer home (2004) or newer, single story, need to be able to put up a fence for our (2) golden retrievers. This will be a 2nd home until we eventually decide to sell our home in NJ. Want a quiet well kept development. Any suggestions are welcomed. We are in our late 40's early 50's no children. My husband retired last year.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:18 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
We are making our way down on 2/15 and have done months of research on this area. It is so difficult to look at all these houses in developments and not knowing what they are like. We found a few homes in these areas and wanted some input. The realtor is steering us towards falcon trace - which is beautiful but at the top if our budget...can anyone give us an explanation on some of the communities??

We are looking to spend no more than $200,000, newer home (2004) or newer, single story, need to be able to put up a fence for our (2) golden retrievers. This will be a 2nd home until we eventually decide to sell our home in NJ. Want a quiet well kept development. Any suggestions are welcomed. We are in our late 40's early 50's no children. My husband retired last year.
First that came to mind would be Hidden Lake. Convenient location, right in your price range, good sized yards, built after 2004. And I know someone there with a fence and dogs. An example: http://www.trulia.com/property/31453...Beach-FL-32967

Old 02-09-2014, 12:24 PM

910 posts, read 2,219,282 times
You have picked a good weekend to visit - apparently there will be a LOT of "open houses" by Realtors on the 15th and 16th of February in the Vero Beach area. This is a great way to get a feel for various neighborhoods. Be sure to pick up the Sunday edition of the Press Journal to get a listing of open houses.

Most HOA communities do allow dogs, but a few put limitations on size, so that is one consideration to keep in mind. Also, the type of fencing can be limited - for example, we live in the Preserve, and our HOA only allows white vinyl fencing.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:01 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:

That's funny cuz my former realtor offers some properties there and she does not handle "bad" areas.

We may have the same realtor LOL.

If you want feedback, list the communities there are TONS.

506 36th Ave., Vero Beach. - I'll drive through tomorrow - I go by daily LOL. THAT'S a sort of RANDOM choice considering your original criteria. BUT it's cute and looks really updated. Does it include the furniture? (my mother had that sofa it's not comfortable hahaha). The yard is what I meant when I said a cut up smaller yard fence so that'll work. But there's nothing particularly compelling about that area and you WILL spend time in traffic if you care.

You could do BETTER for your price range IMO.

I also strongly recommend the HarryWho? recommendation Hidden Lake. (and area). I've worked IN that community and around the corner on 49th below 58th every single day. I'm a dog walker and there are tons of dogs. I actually walk two VERY boisterous 80 lb. dominant dogs right there LOL.

MANY of them have a pool with birdcage screening and fence or fence capable.

Scroll down on Trulia to see the comps - remember to look at the SOLD comps not the ASKING price necessarily you can be slightly under the asking if it's a fair offer.

HERE:

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Florida/...Beach-FL-32967

AND HERE:

http://www.trulia.com/property/10704...-32967#photo-8

And HERE:

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Florida/...Beach-FL-32967

All those communities up there are safe, nice and some have fences but NOT necessarily GATED.

It all depends on what you like. Up at Hidden Lake it's more rural, quiet and the shopping at 53rd is a CVS Walgreens Publics and a couple small stores....none of which are ever crowded.

Down at 36th ave you're in the center of density.

The mall is quicker to get to from Hidden Lake, too. The beach is a toss up, I'd say. given the traffic.

Anything in an HOA make SURE you get the report of the financial situation before even considering it.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 02-09-2014 at 01:35 PM..

Old 02-10-2014, 12:04 PM

FYI there's a foreclosure I drove by today that I think is potentially a good idea IF you're into this type of modest neighborhood. Just for EXAMPLE.

It's below 2004 levels.

The neighbor's houses are all well maintained and the foreclosure is also seemingly in good shape. If you LOOK, you'll see the back of the house faces a huge wooded area. You'd need to put the fence up.

The neighbor at 4843 has a really nice fence as do other people.

It's a small development across 58th where Hidden Lake is but at 49th at Lindsay Lanes/Shannon Walk.

Nothing special about it - but just an example of what $150K can get you in newer construction versus in the more dense areas.

4819 51st Ct, Vero Beach, FL 32967 - Foreclosure - Zillow

neighbor with aerial view: (the BIG development you see across the street is Waterway Village)

4843 51st Court, Vero Beach, FL 32967 :: Homesnap

This LIndsay Lanes house sold for $145K in August, I go by everyday. IT's nice. Another modest neighborhood meaning individual pools no HOA pool or clubhouse or gate etc.

5030 48th Pl 5030 48th Place, Vero Beach FL - Trulia

There are lots of these opportunities here, I think.

Now I,m going to the little blue house on 36th LOL.

BTW tell the realtor you don't want her to "steer" you to JUST HER LISTINGS!

Old 02-10-2014, 06:17 PM

ginabob4667

You need to start a thread for your house hunt so we don't hijack the OP's thread, unless they don't mind reading all the individual stuff.

That little blue house on 36th? I don't think this is your Florida home.

Welcome to househunting out of state.

I'm going to PRAY you found that all by yourself and not the realtor. It looks adorable on the internet. Story of my life hahaha.

The street is unpaved...ok fine. Lots of them are. There are better streets with larger lots with unpaved. (Here that's a mix of sand type of thing)

It's perhaps the nicest one on the block. Never good. I'm actually shocked it was built in 2004.

It's got ZERO and I mean nothing of a back yard. THAT's why they don't show you photos of the yard only the front.

It faces a MESS of a house with crap under a fake garage with no door hahaha. So you get to sit on that cute little porch and look at all that.

IF the inside really looks as good as in the photos, I'd say it's WAY overimproved.

Now, it was 5:00 when I went there so it was dusk. But I would NEVER consider it.

My client up in LIndsay Lanes has a neighbor with two houses for sale that arent' listed yet. The neighborhood looks like this, which just sold in August for 144K. He said those two would be less because they aren't corners and not as fancy landscaping. The HOA is 75.00 every three months because there isn't alot to maintain.

5030 48th Place, Vero Beach FL - Trulia

On the order of Hidden Lake which is a half acre! But IMO this little blue house can't hold a candle to Hidden Lake. And other streets. Sad as it is.

I'm just using these developments because I go there every day - there are TONS more! I also think you can get a pool in this price range.

If you want to DM me, I'd be happy to help you more. I'm not a realtor but I love house hunting LOL.

But you can do WAY better than 36th Ave IMO.

And I'm from Philly/NJ and lived in NY so I "get" South Jersey hahaha. I'm all about small and cute but more like in Levittown PA where you see a whole street of houses where everyone really makes the most of them and for me, this street wasn't like that.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 02-10-2014 at 06:27 PM..

Old 04-24-2014, 06:17 PM

Thank you for all your input...e are making settlement on a house in Falcon Trace on 5/2/14. Ironically, the house has a fenced in yard, which is great for the dogs. Ironically, word got out that we are going to list our home in NJ and we have someone come thru last night and want the house!!!!...Boy, I cannot believe this is all happening so fast...so excited and soo very scared. I'm hoping you all have great news about Falcon Trace...

Old 04-25-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Thank you for all your input...e are making settlement on a house in Falcon Trace on 5/2/14. Ironically, the house has a fenced in yard, which is great for the dogs. Ironically, word got out that we are going to list our home in NJ and we have someone come thru last night and want the house!!!!...Boy, I cannot believe this is all happening so fast...so excited and soo very scared. I'm hoping you all have great news about Falcon Trace...
YAY congratulations! So exciting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach