Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 06:32 AM

142 posts, read 230,525 times

Advertisements

Since we're "back in the market" we would love to hear your collective opinions on Tradition vs PGA. As area residents, we respect your "native" experience and knowledge. Both appear very similar (other than PGA's golf courses) and have the amenities we consider important. Is there a distinct advantage/disadvantage of one over the other? Major differences between the two? HOA fees seem to be about the same - any "surprise" costs associated with Tradition? As always, thanks for making the time to answer.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 08:25 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
Basics

PGA Village is made up of 34 communities. --3 of the 4 golf courses are open to the Public. Many/some of the homes are much older in areas with some homes built in the 1990's. The age demographics are completely different. The main clubhouse/pool/fitness center you can use is not actually in the main community- it's in an out-parcel in another section up front and not within the main gate- unless you have a membership to The Legacy

Tradition is made up of 8 individual communities, each with its own clubhouse and pool. It opened for sales in 2003 so its 10 years old but the house I had would only be 7.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:54 AM

Thanks for responding FLB - what I've learned to this point is that Traditions seems to have more costs associated with it. Two HOA fees, one to the neighborhood HOA and one to Tradition proper. The bond assessments also seem to be quite high compared to PGA.
Also, with respect to the HOA fees, do they cover the same? What I've seen in PGA is that they cover landscaping and irrigation in addition to the basics. Please correct me if I'm mistaken!

Old 01-10-2014, 09:56 AM

PGA has two associations as well....

Tradition hoa's cover more

and Interent is totally up to you in all of PGA... they don't have cat5 wiring etc

Old 01-10-2014, 10:22 AM

In looking at real estate sites I've seen HOA fees listed as XXX when describing a house. Can I assume it would be a total for both? Being a fan of the "Odd Couple" TV show, I remember what Felix Unger said about "assume" LOL! Surprised about what Traditions HOA fees cover - did not think it included lawn and irrigation. I suppose the best thing would be to call the management company for details. Still turned off though by the additional bond costs. Do love the Coral Reef model in Town Park.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:58 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,939 times
How about CDD?

Old 01-10-2014, 04:55 PM

I've seen charges amounting to $800 detailed out as non-velorium charges - are these the CDD?

Old 01-10-2014, 05:41 PM

OK.. my girlfriend who has a house there and it selling it says the HOA is closer to $400 than what a number of the listings state. Most of Tradition's HOA's are around 310 -340- depends on the community

the CDD aka the bond. CDD -Commuity Development District -- is what pays for the infrastructure in areas-- it is not only Tradition but PGA Village, all of St Lucie West, Newport Isles and other areas. Its in your taxes. It's what the city says you have to pay in order to have all the nice things in a development area that the rest of PSL does not have.

going to find the cdd charges

Old 01-10-2014, 05:52 PM

Traditions bond -- on one houses tax rolls.. $852.33

I am still trying to get PGA Village - I "believe" some have it and some of the older homes don't

Old 01-13-2014, 07:42 PM

194 posts, read 427,598 times
Tradition and P.G.A. both have very high monthly H.O.A. dues. I would skip on them unless I was a golfer and then maybe I would consider P.G.A. As to Tradition. the H.O.A. numbers are scary high, those numbers are above full service 55 plus communities that have every amenities under the sun plus on site social directors? H.O.A. numbers in the $300 to $400 per month range in PSL is just to high and it effect values. Tradition is a beautiful looking community with beautiful roadways but when the numbers are out of whack then one needs really determine if the numbers make sense. Add in the CDD of about another $90 per month and along with the property taxes you are in for a minimum of $800 a month without a mortgage and before you turn on the a/c. These H.O.A. numbers are double or more than almost any community in S.L.W. By the way the CDD in SLW is in the $200.00 range annually versus $900 in Tradition. Both Tradition and P.G.A. are beautiful communities but for me not at those numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach