Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2014, 06:26 AM

142 posts, read 230,900 times

Advertisements

We've gone back and forth on developments in PSL (PGA, Traditions, Cascades, Lake Charles etc.) and houses - new or resale. Found a nice house in Traditions built in 2012. Seller is firm and for what he's asking, we can build the same house new (albeit it does have a lot of upgrades - some not that important to us). Hope they hold true to an expected August completion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 07:23 AM

2,962 posts, read 5,002,815 times
Congratulations again! Hope it all works out.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:48 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,219,727 times
My wife and I choose to buy new vs. a resale for the same reason...new construction cost the same or less than a resale...but what no one considers is the extra expenses on a new home, ie: window treatments, upgrading the basic wire shelving in all the closets, washer/dryer, perhaps an extra freezer or fridge in garage, etc...the pool we added, extra landscaping and the list goes on...

And then of course you have to consider location...from what I have seen is most of the resale's are in a more desirable location vs. the new construction going up today. We bought in Rialto and you can hear the traffic on 95 all the time...but, perhaps if we had found a resale that we liked...we might have made a different decision....

Just my thoughts...perhaps it might help...perhaps not...good luck in your purchase...

Old 01-28-2014, 09:23 AM

76 posts, read 133,535 times
Congrats! Keep us posted on the process - I'm very interested as my husband and I are considering the same in town park. Just got to review my budget again and figure out what's the best option for us.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:17 PM

142 posts, read 230,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
My wife and I choose to buy new vs. a resale for the same reason...new construction cost the same or less than a resale...but what no one considers is the extra expenses on a new home, ie: window treatments, upgrading the basic wire shelving in all the closets, washer/dryer, perhaps an extra freezer or fridge in garage, etc...the pool we added, extra landscaping and the list goes on...

And then of course you have to consider location...from what I have seen is most of the resale's are in a more desirable location vs. the new construction going up today. We bought in Rialto and you can hear the traffic on 95 all the time...but, perhaps if we had found a resale that we liked...we might have made a different decision....

Just my thoughts...perhaps it might help...perhaps not...good luck in your purchase...
Point well taken on the window treatments, wiring and not to mention, fans. Location here is actually better - preserve vs. a house which faces another house back to back. Would have spent money planting trees to add an element of privacy behind the patio (or as they/we say in Florida, the Lanai LOL!). The resale does not have a pool and we're not considering one for the new construction. New house does have all appliances so we are good there. That said, adding things to the new house vs. what the resale already has will add up. Thanks all for the good wishes!

Old 01-28-2014, 02:36 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,798,426 times
Congrats on finalizing your decision! I'm sure you are going to love moving here!!

BTW- it's called Tradition. Not a big deal, but a pet peeve of mine. I hate it when people call it Traditions. Just 1...lol

Also, make sure your new house has double paned windows. I'm appalled that our home doesn't have them built in 2006. Just because it is warm here these builders are too cheap to insulate. I hate to think of the $$ I'm throwing away due to radiation thru them.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:41 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,207,300 times
Congratulations -- welcome to the family

Old 02-02-2014, 08:18 PM

162 posts, read 311,428 times
Congratulations! We live in Town Park and love it here! I will be happy to help you with any questions you may have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach