Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 03:50 AM

142 posts, read 231,108 times

Advertisements

Other than Craig's List, can anyone suggest where we might start looking for a rental while our house is built? As far as area, we would prefer PSL but since it's temporary, north or south is ok. Not looking for anything elaborate, a simple 1 bedroom would do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 05:49 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,922,196 times
There are rental listings just like sales listings:

Port Saint Lucie FL Homes, Condos/Townhomes & Apartments for Rent - realtor.comĀ®

Be VERY careful on CL. I had one good rental from there even though the guy was a weirdo and ended up trying to keep my deposit for no reason.

But I had one EXTREMELY bad scam in SoFl where the guy ended up ripping me off for $2700.00 deposit and first month. When I was trying to find a place from out of state. I sent my son to see the place and pay the deposit/first month. When I got there two days later to supposedly pick up the key and sign the lease, I knocked on the door and the place was OCCUPIED!!! The people claimed they didn't speak English (and showed no signs of moving out) AND I later found out his wife is Russian, too. (the guy told me to meet him "on the corner" of the street since "parking was hard". RED FLAG)

At the very moment I was there knocking on the door, another woman came walking down the street to pick up HER key, too! With 2 giant PARROTS on her shoulder.

I had the local detectives investigating him. He had 140 appearances in small claims court on the Broward docket and extensive liens and judgements so I'll never get a penny back. He even forged someone's name on a lease, according to another "victim" we caught up to.

Also OBVIOUSLY only give ONE month deposit to hold - IN PERSON WHEN YOU ARE THERE SEEING IT. Then the balance when you get the key. No matter HOW BADLY you want the place (like me, duh). I just NEVER in a million years expected that a HOMEOWNER with a property 2 houses from the beach would actually be running a scam!!

Last edited by runswithscissors; 02-11-2014 at 05:59 AM..

Old 02-11-2014, 06:03 AM

56 posts, read 70,056 times
when do you need the rental? I have a condo in the PGA Village. I've done this before for couples in the same situation. PM me if you would like to discuss.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:09 PM

361 posts, read 751,185 times
HotPads - Find Houses and Apartments for Rent with Map-based Search

Old 02-11-2014, 07:20 PM

76 posts, read 133,607 times
I looked at hotpads, padmapper and realtor.com. Ended up living in a place right near my parents I knew of because I've driven by it 100 times. The place I live is about 40 minutes from Tradition an it's really nice. Management company is awesome. It's called AMLI at Ibis in west palm beach. PM me if you want more info.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,311 times
Sorry you got ripped off runwithscissors it seems like for every good humanity story you see on Yahoo (insert sarcasm here) there are 10 fold a story like yours. Anyway here is my rant I live in Ma own my own small DBA and have traveled down to Southern Florida a few times.I want to relocate and start my DBA somewhere between Palm Beach and PSL say. My Company installs and services Commercial HVAC and Building Automation systems. I have read many of your post and wanted to ask you your opinion has the Commercial Construction in these areas broken ground at all? Is it difficult for a newbie to crack the code with the local business owners?

Old 02-12-2014, 05:47 AM

Hey everybody - thanks for the info and offers. We actually found several houses listed on our realtors website. Some in the Lakes and some in Heritage Oaks. All are between $1050 and $1295. Only concern is that we are looking for a six month lease with a month to month option after that in case there are construction delays. Good thing is (I believe) we are coming out of season so the snow birds will soon be heading north (we won't need the rental until around the 15th of April).

Old 02-12-2014, 09:13 AM

459 posts, read 621,287 times
My offer sounds like a good match, let me know via PM if you want to talk more.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrohead View Post
My offer sounds like a good match, let me know via PM if you want to talk more.
Your offer? Not sure I saw it.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:22 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,922,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrecoPlayer View Post
Sorry you got ripped off runwithscissors it seems like for every good humanity story you see on Yahoo (insert sarcasm here) there are 10 fold a story like yours. Anyway here is my rant I live in Ma own my own small DBA and have traveled down to Southern Florida a few times.I want to relocate and start my DBA somewhere between Palm Beach and PSL say. My Company installs and services Commercial HVAC and Building Automation systems. I have read many of your post and wanted to ask you your opinion has the Commercial Construction in these areas broken ground at all? Is it difficult for a newbie to crack the code with the local business owners?
Not my area of expertise but I did just get a new A/C system installed LOL.

Driving all over in my pet sitting business further up from PSL, I have definitely noticed a slight upturn in new construction mostly in EXISTING HOAs that were left incomplete during the crash. They were all nice communities just had a bunch of empty lots left over. Now "new" builders are coming in. There are a couple of commercial buildings being built, too that coincidentally were also incomplete. One being at Miracle Mile that was an eyesore for 4 years now.

I don't know anything about commercial...in MY HOA, of 250 or so units, all I know is that the people all use the same three HVAC companies more or less.

I would register on linkedin and start chatting up the members there. I see some in your field already on there.

I would also start searching the counties where permits are posted or whatever it is that commercial builders need to do to see if you can get an idea that way. Also of course check job postings to see if your future competitors are hiring. Also of course see if you can find out WHO your future competitors are for example if you do small business versus a....hospital.

You also have to factor in the union element if your company would be impacted by that. (I don't know much about HVAC and unions) but while less powerful than in my home state PA, they still have them here, I'm pretty sure although maybe if you do just small businesses it's not an issue. You could sign up on an HVAC forum for that insight I think. That's where I learned alot about what to do with my own personal AC haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach