Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 05:07 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,204,029 times

Advertisements

You paid that much for them and your rent is that low?

There is next to "nothing" on the market at that price for a townhome or anything else at this time in PSL

lowest price 2 bedroom CONDO is one at $750 and its in Ft Pierce

next is a 2/2 for $900 and $950 both in the Ancorage which is a NICE condo on the water with docks.

I honestly don't "do" rentals in Vero because they pay so little and its a drive from where I live, but .......

have you checked on current rental prices? The market for rentals has changed .. a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 09:35 AM

153 posts, read 445,028 times
Please don't buy and rent out in a residential neighborhood that doesn't want rentals. If you do, you'll be Public Enemy #1 as for as the neighbors are concerned. Buy in a neighborhood where rentals are legally zoned for and the predominant form of local housing.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:36 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich2010 View Post
Please don't buy and rent out in a residential neighborhood that doesn't want rentals. If you do, you'll be Public Enemy #1 as for as the neighbors are concerned. Buy in a neighborhood where rentals are legally zoned for and the predominant form of local housing.
Irony.

I did a cat job in Tropic Villas North. 2/1 Townhouse. Nice quiet community and well priced for a starter home (or retirees). Good convenient location. There's even a farmette property across the st on 10th with 4 -5 mini HORSES outside so cute. Been there for decades.

A renter.

How do I know? Because they told me they always left the CAT OUT in the little fenced in patio and he would jump the fence and wander around everyone else's patio/home. THEY didn't see any problem until the HOA and OWNER finally put their foot down and threatened them with eviction for ignoring the previous requests.

It's a different mindset.

Affordable entry level housing is a challenge with Florida's property system now and I agree with you not exactly because of the renter thing and their behaviors but because it limits the availability of affordable housing for young singles or families starting out and the sense of community and stability.

One of those units just sold for 55K last August but like everywhere else are creeping back up in the 80's now.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:53 PM

28 posts, read 35,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
You paid that much for them and your rent is that low?

There is next to "nothing" on the market at that price for a townhome or anything else at this time in PSL

lowest price 2 bedroom CONDO is one at $750 and its in Ft Pierce

next is a 2/2 for $900 and $950 both in the Ancorage which is a NICE condo on the water with docks.

I honestly don't "do" rentals in Vero because they pay so little and its a drive from where I live, but .......

have you checked on current rental prices? The market for rentals has changed .. a lot.

We figured the lower rent would result in higher occupancy. Seems to have worked. Both units stay rented.Plus, there's no mortgage on either property so after taxes HOA and occasional maintenance, they're both returning $5K per year.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:31 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,176,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db4570 View Post
runswithscissors:

You are too much! At first I thought maybe you were a bit picky complaining about your neighbor who left their shoes outside. Uh oh. You might not like having me as a neighbor! We probably do worse that that.

But your photo documentary was superb! It is exactly the type of stuff I look for. The first couple pictures- the cars and boat in the front yard are a bit gross. Would probably make me think twice. The kids' toys are a little sloppy. But the barking dogs? Deal breaker. The cute blue house with the good-old-boys-from-Slingblade compound across the street? Deal breaker. Does an HOA typically have more clout against, say, barking dogs, than just calling the cops?

I may be starting to see the light. If a HOA is just a little neighborhood governing body that has some modest zoning rules, I guess that's not bad.

I have been relying on Google Street view to give me a glance around at the neighbors. I need to look around in person, though. If I get a little caught up with work I want to get down there and see the neighborhoods for myself.

David
Just remember Google pictures are sometimes really old......for example my house has an old car in the driveway and the yard has trees and plants way out of controll in the picture. Has to be a picture from the 1990s or early 2000s. Street has completely changed since then.

Have lived in an HOA and in non HOA. There are advantages to both. I think the thing most important is to make sure the houses are owned and lived in by owners and not rentals. Unfortunately a big corporation has bought thousands of houses in Florida and are renting them to anybody! They bought the foreclosed house next to us. Actually redid the worst of it, and rented it out last year. Started out OK, nice young couple, but they broke up, ended up having about 6 people all parking cars on the street living there. The lease was up last month. Corp has had people here everyday since they moved out. Had to redo everything they did before-new blinds, carpet, tile, new appliances, etc. after 1 year of renting it out. Oh, one day in middle of Feb. the stupid girl on the lease that lived there even decided to burn her Christmas tree right in the middle of the 2 feet high weedy backyard! Now we are dreading who they will rent to next. Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach