Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 07:29 PM

82 posts, read 167,658 times

Advertisements

We are asking for any locals for their comments about Jensen Beach, Stuart and surrounding areas??

I have researched JB and have liked what I've read. My husband travels there on occasion for work. He can move his office anywhere in Florida, so finding employment not a concern.

We are a mid-40's couple. In the fall we will have an empty nest, with youngest son going to college

Currently live in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl. One reason that we are wanting to move further south is the winters here have been cooler than we planned on when we moved here 2.5 years ago from NC.

I have read about Jammin Jensen and like the idea of walking about and the small community feel that seems to come up.

Will you share your experiences? Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 08:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,310 times
Smile Season is crowded

Weekends I find to be extremely crowded here during seasonal months which would be late November to mid-April. I live in what would be considered Stuart proper but I go to Jensen a lot to browse and shop. If you don't mind navigating thru a lot of traffic during those times, than it isn't bad otherwise.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:21 PM

Thanks for your reply!! So, I am curious, is it basically snowbirds that come down during those months, or all ages basically? Can you swim during those months? Or just nicer temps to be outside? Here in our area, the snowbirds don't seem to be a bother, however there are no swimming activities, it's too cool or cold! Only walking the beaches and shopping. Weekend breakfast is a tough time to get into a restaurant, though. Thanks again!

Old 02-25-2014, 01:41 PM

8,081 posts, read 4,762,076 times
It's been perfect beach weather since about Valentine's Day. Though the snowbirds do tend to flock this time of year, there are lots of spots along Hutchinson Island where you can find a sparsely-crowded stretch of beach.

I've lived here (Stuart, basically right next door to JB) for a little over two years and it had become something of a tradition to go to the beach on Christmas and/or Thanksgiving, though an occasional cold snap might make it less comfortable to go. Having come from the South Georgia area, I haven't experienced "bitter" cold but we didn't go to the beach between roughly October and April. I'm guessing PVB is much the same. Some of the snowbirds from further north (or even Europe--we do get European visitors, too) might still think 65 is plenty warm enough to go the beach, though.

As for the ages, there are plenty of young families in Martin and St. Lucie counties, so it's not like you walk around seeing nothing but older people all the time. Jensen Beach's population and "look" is probably a bit more ocean-oriented than Stuart's, though both would be considered "beach towns".

Old 02-25-2014, 03:44 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,803,767 times
Snowbirds....ugh. I try to avoid the entire US1 area from Dec- Apr. They are horrible drivers!! Seems like the worst drivers from every state come together and arrive only to destroy our brakes.

I would much rather deal with q-tips for the 5 months than deal with the junk most other tourist beach town have to endure though!!

Jensen Beach is a quaint little town. I love the "downtown" area. Very small, but interesting. Close to shopping and the beach! What else do you need??

Old 02-25-2014, 07:29 PM

DanielAvery...Sounds terrific! Thank you for your thoughts!

Old 02-25-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
Snowbirds....ugh. I try to avoid the entire US1 area from Dec- Apr. They are horrible drivers!! Seems like the worst drivers from every state come together and arrive only to destroy our brakes.

I definitely understand the "worst drivers" sentiment!! HA! My brakes are a bit worn also.

I would much rather deal with q-tips for the 5 months than deal with the junk most other tourist beach town have to endure though!!

Educate me about q-tips?? The beaches here, at PVB, are mainly at Jacksonville Beach, I do believe I have experienced the junk about what other beaches endure!! We are hoping for a little bit calmer area.

Jensen Beach is a quaint little town. I love the "downtown" area. Very small, but interesting. Close to shopping and the beach! What else do you need??
Sounds Perfect!! Thank you for your thoughts!!

Old 02-26-2014, 04:49 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,803,767 times
Q-tips= Elderly drivers that are 4'2" tall and all you can see is a little "q-tip" top over the headrest when you are behind them.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:23 AM

8,081 posts, read 4,762,076 times
...and don't forget the hem of a skirt slammed in the door!

Old 02-26-2014, 02:45 PM

645 posts, read 911,242 times
Default Florida native

I have lived in NC for 6 years, and am moving back to Martin county this year. Having lived most of my life in Dade/Broward, I do not think the drivers in Jensen/Stuart are bad at all. If you want a taste of bad driving head south. But I guess perception is all relative to what you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach