Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 10:21 AM

217 posts, read 371,883 times

Advertisements

I'm on a limited income and my Comcast bill with Internet & cable (basic cable stations like CNN, COMEDY, AMC—no NATGEO and no premium channels) is beginning to be a burden. When moving and disconnecting service I was offered a $30 decrease in the bill but only for a year and that's now up. Even if I could get them to let me reup at that price, I really feel I need to "cut the cord" as the kids say and try to get along with over-the-air service and what I can watch for entertainment online. I've investigated the antenna options and apparently I need something that will capture both UHF and VHF signals if I want to get all my local channels.

If anyone has been so bold as to attempt this and has any experience with the results or advice on what to choose, I'd love to hear about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 11:27 AM

459 posts, read 619,431 times
Put your zip code into this website and see what you can likely receive. AntennaWeb - Address
I put in a PSL zip code and came up with 9 stations, 6 of them easy with a small antenna mounted on the roof pointing generally south.
Radioshack has antennas in the stores.
Also Comcast may have a basic TV channel lineup in your area of 6 channels for $5 or so, they do here in MA.
Great thing is this then gives you a multi service bundle discount that knocks $15 off the internet cost.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:42 PM

95 posts, read 155,021 times
We have had an antenna for years. We originally tried an indoor antenna, but it barely worked. We are in a funny spot for TV reception. We squeaked by with it for years because we watched almost no. I finally bought this small antenna at Radio Shack that looks like a dish for I think $80 or so and mounted it high on the outside of our house. It has worked great for several years, and has great reception.

This was not in Florida, but up North, so it will probably depend on what local stations you have nearby.

Go ahead, cut the cord! It's easy.

David

Old 03-18-2014, 09:37 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,606,318 times
We bought an antenna and mounted ii in the attic of a one story house. We get 28 channels with a booster added near the antenna. Tried several antennas, many do not work. We paid 99 for the antenna.I cannot get Fox.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:06 AM

15 posts, read 25,381 times
Default TV antenna and reception Port St. Lucie Florida

My friend installed an antenna on top her home this week, and is now receiving 17 channels thus far. She became addicted to HGTV and Hallmark channels, but can't get them now. If anyone knows of a website where there is a listing of what is available to her, especially these two channels, will you please post or send a private message to me?

Old 11-20-2015, 12:26 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,304,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suesamover View Post
My friend installed an antenna on top her home this week, and is now receiving 17 channels thus far. She became addicted to HGTV and Hallmark channels, but can't get them now. If anyone knows of a website where there is a listing of what is available to her, especially these two channels, will you please post or send a private message to me?
HGTV and Hallmark are not over the air broadcast so she will not get them with an outdoor antenna ever . Is possible they have some shows avaible on the Internet or maybe Hulu or Netflix , also have here look into an Internet streaming service from Dish called Sling TV ,it's 20/25 dollars a month with limited channels but HGTV is one of them

Old 11-20-2015, 12:29 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,304,918 times
Quote:
Put in your zipcode and provider which will be anntenna and it should show the channels

Old 11-21-2015, 04:05 AM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,465 times
Look into sling TV.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:33 PM

43 posts, read 71,757 times
Quote:

Channel 67.3 often has HGTV type shows. Some of them are actually HGTV productions, but from their Canadian franchise. 42.2 has similar homelife and cooking programs....

Old 11-23-2015, 05:27 AM

693 posts, read 704,693 times
I just use a cheap fifteen dollar one from Walmart and I only get ABC, CW, WTVX, WTCN and a bunch of religious channels. This is fine with me because I stream everything else for free from the UK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach