Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 09:13 PM

89 posts, read 193,965 times

Advertisements

Just heard that CDD Fishkind is having a meeting tomorrow at their office at 11 am. Topic is to extent the Tradition Bond another 30 years. Holy bejesus, another 30 years at what....$803 per year or ????
Wonder about the legality of this in the bylaws. Never read the master bylaws has anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 07:07 PM

162 posts, read 311,014 times
We went to the meeting and although last month they had proposed extending the bond (I attended that meeting as well) and today they said it would be for the same time frame that is left. We would pay the existing bond, have enough money to re do roadways and sidewalks and replace common area lights with LED fixtures. I'm a little Leary of why a month ago, the bond may have been extended and today everything is ROSEY....

Old 03-27-2014, 07:25 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,621,877 times
This is a perfect example of why anyone who purchases in an area that has these bonds needs to think of the wants and needs of the area.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:21 PM

89 posts, read 193,965 times
Update. Although it has been continued it is for a TOTAL of 30 years from 20 years so an additional 10. Still with no vote by residents they just went ahead and did it. And I though we lived in a Democracy, shame on me!

Old 03-28-2014, 01:07 PM

194 posts, read 427,598 times
Talking no resident vote. You can add the master association which also has No Residential Representation. Found it on GHO Bedford Park website. The cable/internet/security contracts are under the master association and individual HOA's in Tradition have no direct say about the annual increases. Scary

Old 03-28-2014, 07:28 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,794,563 times
I can't believe that people buy in Tradition. Don't get me wrong- I love the place. Wish I could live there. I just can't justify spending the $ on HOA's and whatever the town charges you. It's absolutely crazy.

Seeing posts like this makes me even more firm in my decision to never buy there.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:24 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,196,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimT7406 View Post
Talking no resident vote. You can add the master association which also has No Residential Representation. Found it on GHO Bedford Park website. The cable/internet/security contracts are under the master association and individual HOA's in Tradition have no direct say about the annual increases. Scary

Jim --the GHO homes is part of the HOA in Bedford Park .. I asked. --The Builder will control the new homes--as they ALL DO--till a certain number of them are completed. I don't think No Residential Representation is what you seem to think it is.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
I can't believe that people buy in Tradition. Don't get me wrong- I love the place. Wish I could live there. I just can't justify spending the $ on HOA's and whatever the town charges you. It's absolutely crazy.

Seeing posts like this makes me even more firm in my decision to never buy there.

over 2000 plus people and growing cant be all wrong. CDD's have been around for years and aren't something new. I had to deal with them back over 15 years ago in Palm Beach County for a development.
Little East Lake Village over on US#1 has one... they exist...get over it. You and everyone else has a choice. If you don't like it, don't buy there, its that simple. You keep saying how much you don't like it YET ADMIT YOU USE AND LIKE ALL THE FACILITIES IT PROVIDES..........

Old 03-29-2014, 06:08 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,304,719 times
Little East lake Village , is there a reason on why you described it as little ? 512 units ..certainly not as big as Tradition but is a HOA of 512 actually small fir this area ?

Old 03-29-2014, 06:40 PM

little because that 512 units is comprised of lots of apartment buildings and narrow 2 story homes -not single family home lots. no other reason..it doesn't cover a lot of ground. Never did and never would compare it to Tradition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
View detailed profiles of: