Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 02:28 PM

910 posts, read 2,217,763 times

Advertisements

My brother and his family are coming to visit in June and want to stay on the beach in Vero (we don't have enough guest rooms to accommodate them all, and live 5 miles from the beach). I was thinking of the Driftwood or Costa d'Este. Anyone ever stayed at either place, or had relatives stay there ? I also thought about the Holiday Inn but heard it isn't a good value for the cost. Any recommendations are welcome !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 03:52 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLark7 View Post
My brother and his family are coming to visit in June and want to stay on the beach in Vero (we don't have enough guest rooms to accommodate them all, and live 5 miles from the beach). I was thinking of the Driftwood or Costa d'Este. Anyone ever stayed at either place, or had relatives stay there ? I also thought about the Holiday Inn but heard it isn't a good value for the cost. Any recommendations are welcome !
Any young kids or young at heart? Disney resort. The villas are like renting a house on the beach.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:12 PM

It's a bit far north, and probably out of their price range, alas. But I will mention it to them if they feel like splurging. Thanks!

Old 04-06-2014, 06:39 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,939 times
When I was looking for homes I stayed at the Caribbean Court. It's not right on the water, but it's a great place and a bargain. It's a little south of the 17th Street bridge on S. Ocean Dr.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:08 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
I've stayed at Costa d'Este a few times. Super nice but pricey. I think kids would much prefer the more fun, casual atmosphere at Driftwood.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:52 PM

24 posts, read 81,255 times
Quote:
It's a bit far north, and probably out of their price range, alas. But I will mention it to them if they feel like splurging. Thanks!
I seconds the Disney Resort. My son and family stayed there for a few days. The pool and water slide are a ton of fun.
SeaLark - why not chip in for their stay. You get the use of the resort and pool.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:27 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
I know people who love staying at The Surf Club. It's moderately priced also pet friendly. But it's older and informal. I'd suggest you go over there first to see if it's acceptable to you. I usually cannot stand old hotel rooms and my sinuses act up.

It might be good with kids, though. You don't really care if it's older if it's directly on the beach. They also have a beachfront lanai for eating and stuff, I think.

http://www.surfclubverobeach.com/Home.aspx

Occasionally I work at the Vero Beach Spa & Hotel - more modern typical hotel with concierge valet, (because parking is a pain) etc. It's nice. Obviously not all the rooms have an ocean view - like anywhere else so you're paying for the amenities and the general appearance of the rooms being modern and upgraded ie marble tile floors. Probably pricey with kids.

I'm the type of person who would chose a casual beach ocean front room hotel even if it was old, over a more luxury modern place if I can't be on the ocean...as long as it wasn't cruddy LOL.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
I've stayed at Costa d'Este a few times. Super nice but pricey. I think kids would much prefer the more fun, casual atmosphere at Driftwood.
Yeah that's more my kind of place albeit I've never been in it!

Old 04-11-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
I don't know, maybe if I were gonna go "north" I'd consider Captain Hirams for the novelty? Warning they have music there, but that's part of the charm for me.

Captain Hiram's Resort - Hotels in Sebastian FL - Capt Hirams

Sebastian Water Activities - Sebastian Inlet Hotels

Sebastian, FL Hotel Deals

Old 04-11-2014, 10:10 AM

Thanks runswithscissors. You are a great asset to this forum - always taking a lot of time to share links and info. Really appreciate it !

We stayed at the Surf Club when we were househunting, and it is a family-owned motel, nothing fancy but clean. Not sure how much longer it will be around, as we heard that it needs renovations that will cost more than the profit margin will allow, and my guess is, it will eventually be sold to a condo developer. It's surrounded by condos now, and is a couple miles north of the main tourist area. I thought of recommending it to my relatives, but they want a place where they can walk around to shop, etc, and has more of a resort feel to the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach