Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 06:32 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,140,270 times

Advertisements

[quote=JERSEY MAN;35448048]Just make sure you consider "all" the facts before you make a move anywhere. Do your due diligence and make sure you research the area. Aug0822's post (#7) hit on some key points, some of which are very true and some in which the truth seemed to have been stretched. So make sure you read every post and account for all of the information and facts, and ignore any unprofessional or negative posts or posts promoting such propaganda (such as FlaLadyB's post #8 right below).

Do you EVER quit harping on me Jersey? I mean really?

I have an opinion too, just like everyone else. Mine comes from MY experiences and have nothing to do with my job unless it comes to FACTS AND FIGURES which I DO post from REAL sources. I deal in reality and there are good and bad about any area no matter where it is.

Nothing is perfect. Perfect doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 07:26 PM

[quote=JERSEY MAN;35448048]Just make sure you consider "all" the facts before you make a move anywhere. Do your due diligence and make sure you research the area. Aug0822's post (#7) hit on some key points, some of which are very true and some in which the truth seemed to have been stretched. So make sure you read every post and account for all of the information and facts, and ignore any unprofessional or negative posts or posts promoting such propaganda (such as FlaLadyB's post #8 right below).

I have an opinion too, just like everyone else. Mine comes from MY experiences and have nothing to do with my job unless it comes to FACTS AND FIGURES which I DO post from REAL sources. I deal in reality and there are good and bad about any area no matter where it is.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:33 PM

5,816 posts, read 12,576,249 times
[quote=FlaLadyB;35459184]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Just make sure you consider "all" the facts before you make a move anywhere. Do your due diligence and make sure you research the area. Aug0822's post (#7) hit on some key points, some of which are very true and some in which the truth seemed to have been stretched. So make sure you read every post and account for all of the information and facts, and ignore any unprofessional or negative posts or posts promoting such propaganda (such as FlaLadyB's post #8 right below).

That paragraph was from Random Guy post#18. With that being said you told Gail Ann don't move to florida because you won't be happy here in Post#6
Post#7 you told Aug0822 to move within 18 minutes and had the moderator delete your sentence 5 days later along with mine because of people observing your unprofessionalism as noted above by Random Guy. So in one thread you ticked off 3 people then backtracked after many, many people observed it. It's quite obvious if someone doesn't agree with you they get a snarky and snide response. It's been observed for years on City Data. With that being said you do have and offer alot of good posts also.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:26 PM

I QUOTED GAIL ANN HER OWN POST ON FLORIDA...... she told others that we were sinking in to the sea etc... so its was, once again, REAL... GO CHECK

and for 18 minutes .. WE ALL get notified when someone posts on a thread we have been on.. nothing new about that

NOTHING has to do with my PROFESSIONALISM ... its ME speaking, just like YOU......get off your high horse

when it has to do with Real Estate Facts, yes I post them, and as I stated, since I do this EVERY SINGLE DAY... I have an opinion too and that's what you see.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:39 AM

5,816 posts, read 12,576,249 times
Default its ME speaking, just like YOU......get off your high horse

No high horse here, just making note of the three posters that made mention of you ticking them off in only one thread. Than your comments were or had to be deleted by the moderator 5 days later. Carry on, have a nice day.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:28 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,149,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aug0822 View Post
Hi Gail,
I have lived here in Port St. Lucie over 11 years. I lived in West Palm area in a condo for 15 yrs. and decided it was time for a house. I built one here in 2003 right off Floresta (never really checking out what the area was like) and I have to tell you honestly, I wish I never moved here. I cannot wait until I can make a decent profit on my home, as I will be moving from this area. I can tell you if you are looking for LIVE music, concerts-and different social outlets=====>your best bet is 1 hour drive SOUTH (at least) down to West Palm Beach and Southward...... This is what I do when there are concerts or social events I want to attend. This area is NOT NOT NOT an area where you are going to find many folks who like to be social or even that type of lifestyle here. Believe me, I live in a neighborhood where not 1 person talks to another, gets along or what have you. I have tried several years here and it DOES NOT WORK! It is very sad...MOST everyone here is alone and really have no desire to be friendly or even know how to be. At this point I get in my car and go. It is really too bad how people are (where I am) that they cannot even be friendly towards another person. MOST pretend they dont even see you... If I told you how strange some are here and the things they do, you would say I was lying. I honestly have never seen such ODDballs..... This area is NOTHING like West Palm... I am all for staying to yourself and not in anyone's business-but JEeeEezus-you cant say hello or how are you doing--at least be CorDIAL! Anyway, this area just isn't for me. I like to meet new people, make friends, live concerts etc-so if this is what you are looing for in St. Lucie, I think you will be disappointed. Everyone is different -and some people just like to be ALONE. So this is just my 2 cents and I have MANY people tell me the same thing----This area is just different and they want to move or have already moved from here...So anyway-there are many who love it here and I am not looking to getting bashed for stating my opinion...We all have a right to say how we feel. But if you are looking to buy a nice 3/2/2 home in St. Lucie-I will certainly be selling mine-hopefully within this next year or so....Good luck!
I have a family member who moved there 5 years ago and says same.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:29 AM

403 posts, read 1,074,504 times
I moved to Port St. Lucie in 2008 and while I initially struggled because I had to root and come to know what there is to do, I actually like living here. It's by no means perfect, and it doesn't have it all, but it has a lot of virtues, too. In the end, having grown up in Los Angeles, lived in New York City, Chicago, Mexico City, Guadalajara and a few other places, I've learned you just don't get it all. And each place has it's virtues and faults, and what makes or breaks a place is your attitude about both. If you want to focus on the negatives you are certain to find them. If you want to focus on the positives you'll find them too. You choose. In my opinion, however, Port St. Lucie is a fantastic place... especially if you want to start a new business, enjoy affordable housing and space, a sunny climate and living in close proximity to the beach. It's central to many of Florida's major cities and historically has grown at a faster pace than most other Florida Cities. In my opinion Port St. Lucie is a nice place that is getting better.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:09 PM

135 posts, read 189,098 times
We bought a home here in 2009. It was a short sale 4/2/2 2890 sq. I got it for a great price. I live on LINY I have my house on the market here. I cant wait to move into my home in Sept. I am retired and I tell you I love where I live. I find the people friendly, etc. I like how they keep up the area. I pay over 9500 here and their haven't seen a street sweeper etc in the area in years. Oh but my taxes increase every year. If it wasn't for my STAR program , I'
d be paying a lot more taxes.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:01 PM

191 posts, read 513,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFFy08 View Post
I moved to Port St. Lucie in 2008 and while I initially struggled because I had to root and come to know what there is to do, I actually like living here. It's by no means perfect, and it doesn't have it all, but it has a lot of virtues, too. In the end, having grown up in Los Angeles, lived in New York City, Chicago, Mexico City, Guadalajara and a few other places, I've learned you just don't get it all. And each place has it's virtues and faults, and what makes or breaks a place is your attitude about both. If you want to focus on the negatives you are certain to find them. If you want to focus on the positives you'll find them too. You choose. In my opinion, however, Port St. Lucie is a fantastic place... especially if you want to start a new business, enjoy affordable housing and space, a sunny climate and living in close proximity to the beach. It's central to many of Florida's major cities and historically has grown at a faster pace than most other Florida Cities. In my opinion Port St. Lucie is a nice place that is getting better.
Thank you so much for your NICE response and information!

Old 08-05-2014, 12:17 PM

191 posts, read 513,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelKate View Post
Hi Gail,

My husband and I have lived in PSL for two months now and I'll share our observations. First, our bio is we are mid 30's no kids, and we want peace and quiet, with the option to join society if we so choose. So far we have found a couple of locally owned bars/pizza places that have craft beer and great pizza, and a super laid back on the water place with great food in Jensen Beach. We are rural minded vs wanting to be urban dwellers. We made about 6-7 visits to Florida before jumping in and moving, and husband was already working in Florida which was partly what precipitated our move. I wanted a warmer climate also and I in general was not happy where we were. Florida also has a burgeoning industry in my field of work. I will add that I found an awesome job here within a month of moving.

We have found people here to be very laid back and friendly. The native Floridians are so chill! We currently rent an apartment that is 20 minutes to Jensen Beach. It is way more quiet than the condo we owned in Colorado. It would be faster if the stop lights were not so wacky in their timing going west to east, like RandomGuy mentioned! I walk to get groceries and to other activities. Here are some of the positives I see around me: *Nice people *birding trails/parks nearby *amazing produce!! (buying produce at the grocer is for suckers, find yourself a nice produce store along the road, way better and much cheaper!!) *laid back pace *easy to find my way around *The Beach
Some not so great things we have noticed: *Neighborhoods vary a lot in a short distance as to quality *somewhat of a sprawl type town *There are a lot of police around for a reason, which is both comforting and disturbing at the same time I suppose...

We are so far very happy here and are loving the Florida lifestyle. There is a lot to learn about home ownership here and we are studying up! It is very different here vs driving an hour south…where it get fast paced and uptight. (my opinion) Maybe come visit for a week and take a look around, reserve judgement, just take it in. Good Luck.
Thank you for all the great information on life in Port. Saint Lucie! Very sweet honest response!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach