Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 10:32 PM

191 posts, read 516,729 times

Advertisements

Is it a fun place to live or is it mostly retired people with lots of golf courses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 04:54 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,998,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Ann View Post
Is it a fun place to live or is it mostly retired people with lots of golf courses?
Both. What do you consider to be fun?

Old 06-25-2014, 07:46 AM

191 posts, read 516,729 times
Outdoor Festivals, outdoor restaurants with live bands. By car How far away is Disney? How far is the beach?

Old 06-25-2014, 07:57 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,998,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Ann View Post
Outdoor Festivals, outdoor restaurants with live bands. By car How far away is Disney? How far is the beach?
Lots of festivals, especially in Tradition. Not so much outdoor restaurants with live bands, but a few along the water. Disney is about 150 miles. Beach is about 30 minutes. I'm up in Sebastian and only know from visiting PSL. I'm sure others will have better info.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:07 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Live bands are in various places, including St Lucie West. Not necessarily outside. Something is always going on in the area.

Disney (Orlando) is 2 hours north although I made it in an hour and a half last Saturday.

No, it's not all old people and golf.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:17 AM

GAIL ANN

I doubt very seriously you would be happy in Florida since you think we are sinking in to the ocean and that the climate changes are dangerous....per your post

"Well you much consider if you are planning on buying a home than Miami is risky because of climate change and rising sea levels. Miami is very much in threat of being under water since it's at sea level. If you plan to make your life there than this is important to think about."

Old 06-25-2014, 08:32 AM

5 posts, read 14,233 times
Hi Gail,
I have lived here in Port St. Lucie over 11 years. I lived in West Palm area in a condo for 15 yrs. and decided it was time for a house. I built one here in 2003 right off Floresta (never really checking out what the area was like) and I have to tell you honestly, I wish I never moved here. I cannot wait until I can make a decent profit on my home, as I will be moving from this area. I can tell you if you are looking for LIVE music, concerts-and different social outlets=====>your best bet is 1 hour drive SOUTH (at least) down to West Palm Beach and Southward...... This is what I do when there are concerts or social events I want to attend. This area is NOT NOT NOT an area where you are going to find many folks who like to be social or even that type of lifestyle here. Believe me, I live in a neighborhood where not 1 person talks to another, gets along or what have you. I have tried several years here and it DOES NOT WORK! It is very sad...MOST everyone here is alone and really have no desire to be friendly or even know how to be. At this point I get in my car and go. It is really too bad how people are (where I am) that they cannot even be friendly towards another person. MOST pretend they dont even see you... If I told you how strange some are here and the things they do, you would say I was lying. I honestly have never seen such ODDballs..... This area is NOTHING like West Palm... I am all for staying to yourself and not in anyone's business-but JEeeEezus-you cant say hello or how are you doing--at least be CorDIAL! Anyway, this area just isn't for me. I like to meet new people, make friends, live concerts etc-so if this is what you are looing for in St. Lucie, I think you will be disappointed. Everyone is different -and some people just like to be ALONE. So this is just my 2 cents and I have MANY people tell me the same thing----This area is just different and they want to move or have already moved from here...So anyway-there are many who love it here and I am not looking to getting bashed for stating my opinion...We all have a right to say how we feel. But if you are looking to buy a nice 3/2/2 home in St. Lucie-I will certainly be selling mine-hopefully within this next year or so....Good luck!

Old 06-25-2014, 08:51 AM

Welcome to City AUG0822....

I would be glad to put your home on the market right away

Last edited by Sunscape; 06-29-2014 at 02:24 PM..

Old 06-25-2014, 09:06 AM

361 posts, read 749,961 times
I have to completely disagree with the above poster. While I don't know a lot of my neighbors...I have met my closest ones. We don't hangout or whatnot because our lifestyles/schedules conflict. When I am out walking my dog or riding my bike everyone I pass waves and/or says hello. I haven't seen many "oddballs" in my specific area. I live on the outside edge of St Lucie West.

When I go out to stores, restaurants, and fast food places all of the workers are extremely polite and friendly. Many 'random' people greet each other around here. The friendliness in this area is actually one of the things that attracted me to this area and it has been proven for me over and over.

As for things to do in the area -- sure it is not impressive..but there are various festivals and social activities...you just have to look for them. We do travel every other week or so to west palm to hang out and do things because there definitely is more going on down there but the housing prices will also reflect that...so does the crime.

We feel safe in Port St Lucie and while it can be boring at times you are in control of your own fun! I am a firm believer in creating my own enjoyment and not relying on "the world" to make me happy.

As far as meeting people I have found success in joining groups on meetup.com

Old 06-25-2014, 09:06 AM

5 posts, read 14,233 times
Well thats exactly what I mean...You state an opinion and you get a response such as yours FlaLadyB. I also stated the area is not a social area like West Palm for LIVE music, concerts etc....I am entitled to my opinion-so lets not have a silly arguement...Just what I get with these people here--always looking for conflict or confrontation. "Thinking of Moving to St. Lucie" was her post and I replied..thats all..... As I said, I don't waste my time with people like that- so I won't be suffering....I just do my own thing and that's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach