Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 12:35 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times

Advertisements

OP this single house meets your criteria in MY HOA. BTW you need to know what each HOA includes. Mine includes cable tv so my $350 per month covers everything except electric. (and taxes/insurance). Internet is separate. BUt our clubhouse has it for free.

Except no private pool. But my HOA is awesome and has TWO pools and clubhouses. I don't know the fees for the single HOA. It's not fancy and new like the other subdivisions but it's reliable with RESERVES and nice neighbors.

Almost half the price of the others!

We are on the intracoastal with a boat launch and a observation dock you can go sit on right on the water and a 50 acre nature center.

BUT DON'T GIVE UP THE PRIVATE POOL if you really want one. There are a million around.

These people have so much stuff you can't see anything but you get the point. (many have been renovated but not sure about this one)

http://www.trulia.com/property/30995...Beach-FL-32962

http://www.groveisle.org/our-video.html

We also get the free BUS running through here and the grocery and drug store shopping is only about a half mile up Rt 1.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 08-13-2014 at 02:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 02:59 PM

910 posts, read 2,218,996 times
Do any of the Vero 55+ HOA communities have social groups ? Book clubs, etc ? That would be another possibility for meeting people in the community, if the OP meets the age requirements.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:42 PM

66 posts, read 115,957 times
Hey runswithscissors and SeaLark7 thanks for the great info. And sorry to the OP for jumping in on your thread so much

Old 08-15-2014, 07:49 PM

8 posts, read 28,782 times
Thanks to all. You are wonderful people to be so generous with your information and suggestions. Good luck to you BoxermamaD. SeaLark7 and runswithscissors you are the best. I just got back to New England from Vero Beach and we made an offer which was accepted on a modest home in Trillium on the waterway. We will have to put in a pool, but that's OK. Now to go through the inspection process. BTW, there were several dogs in Trillium. I don't know their policy regarding the number allowed, though. It seems to be a very dog-friendly neighborhood. (The people were all nice too) Kenwood Village was gorgeous (lots of mature trees) but only one house for sale there and it was way too big for our needs. I hope that our paths cross in person someday. Again, my gratitude.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:57 PM

So glad your trip here was a success ! Congrats on your new house - hope all goes well and you are living on the Treasure Coast soon !

Old 08-16-2014, 11:23 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Congratulations! That was QUICK! YAY!

Old 08-17-2014, 06:40 AM

66 posts, read 115,957 times
Congratulations!! That's so great. I will check their pet policy, maybe the new construction thing won't work and I will need to know who is and isn't pet friendly with no weight limit or pet limits. Hope all goes well with your inspection, keep us posted

Old 08-21-2014, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,433 times
Hi, I have been reading many of your posts and they have been very helpful!! We are coming down this fall to look for houses in gated communities. The community you live in sounds nice. Because you are on the water do you have to pay extra insurance ( flood insurance) because of your location? We have been studying the area and there are many communities we would like to see!! Thanks!!

Old 08-22-2014, 04:29 AM

Sha1955,
Welcome to the forum ! Regarding flood insurance, I don't think we pay extra because we have a "water view" (as the Realtors like to call it - most of the "lakes" in gated communities are really retention ponds, though some of them are large enough to qualify as lakes). I think flood insurance is based on what the government classifies as living in a "flood zone" which I don't think is designated based on individual housing, but a broader geographic area. Other people here may be able to give you more specifics, but I am pretty sure we don't pay any extra because of the pond behind us (which has a drainage system, if the water reaches a certain level). You almost certainly WILL pay more for the house itself, price-wise, as water views usually add at least $10k to the value of a house.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:24 PM

135 posts, read 207,662 times
You are smart to ask...wish I had. If you do not enjoy being told what you can do with your home..DO NOT, i repeat...DO NOT buy your home in an HOA neighborhood, no matter how good it looks up front. It's a different America in an HOA, and you loose many individual freedoms. Get yourself educated on the subject and Web search the new America, THE FLORIDA HOA & CONDO BLOG, CYBER CITIZENS FOR JUSTICE, INC. -- HOME PAGE,

9 Things You Need To Know About Homeowners' Associations, The Horror of Homeowners' Associations

Common Lawsuits in HOAs

Not So Neighborly Associations Foreclosing On Homes : NPR
If after reading about all this you think living in an HOA is still for you......than maybe you would be better in assisted living, where the insurance may foot part of your expences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach