Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 03:16 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times

Advertisements

.. its a PRIVATE DOG PARK for residents ONLY that have a gate pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 03:35 PM

87 posts, read 242,629 times
Yes I am fully aware of that. Thanks.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,658 times
Default dog park

so if i were coming down Gatlin towards Tradition, can someone direct me to the dog park from there, I am new to Florida just relocated from NJ.
Thanks

Old 07-07-2010, 09:12 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,756,270 times
Use map quest - type in your home address and Tradition. The dog park would be facing the strip mall - Target/stores.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,578 times
hey does anyone know of another dog park area or fenced in area where they can run free in the tresure coast area?

Old 07-29-2010, 06:56 PM

Read back.. there is a beach area on Hutchinson Island that allows dogs. Other than that, there is no specific area that is called..a dog park...... that I/we know of.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,555 times
There are some awesome Dog Parks in the area. I love the expierence, the people are very warm and friendly.

[mod]advertising[/mod]

Last edited by Granny Sue; 07-30-2010 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: no advertising

Old 04-24-2011, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,256 times
My wife and I used to take our dogs to the tradition dog park a few times until they started locking the gate and you need a key to get in. We were told it was only for residence of Tradition.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsterwagster View Post
My wife and I used to take our dogs to the tradition dog park a few times until they started locking the gate and you need a key to get in. We were told it was only for residence of Tradition.

The dog park in Tradition IS only for residents and they have to get an electronic pass for entry.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:24 PM

1 posts, read 907 times
Default Idiot Racist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmithru View Post
Yes, the dogpark is for tradition residents only and it is now being moved because of the insurance liability of too many other dogs from surrrounding areas coming in. It will be guarded and an access card will be given to tradition residents.
I assume I am the "blonde lady" who's dogs bite. I wish you would have come up to me and said something in person so it could've rectified it if it was something I missed. There is a man at the park who kicks dogs so I'm hoping this is not you or your husband.
As a responsible dog owner, I did some research and realized that my one dog is used to coming to the park at the same time every day, with the same dogs for over a year, so it is no longer neutral territoty for him and he rough houses with what has become his "pack". I now take him on "off times" where he is very well behaved. The other dog I take at normal times and he behaves fine.
People must also understand basic dog park rules: You can not enter if your dog will not come to you when you call (in case there's a dog fight); the park is NOT a substitution for excercise it is a place for socialization; there is a SMALL side for small dogs (I've seen way too many people freak out that their small dogs are being chased by larger ones in a play manner); the dog park is not a place for children under 5 years old, and if you do bring a small child they should be no further then 5 feet from you at all times. As a responsible parent I can't believe how many kids are let to run free and then the parents get mad if a child gets jumped on or knocked over. We don't let our dogs run free in the playground up the road wy would you let your child run free around large, unknown dogs?
Also (and i hardly see this rule being followed): A valid rabies tag issued by the licensed veterinarian administering the vaccination must be worn at all times by the dog or cat for which the tag was issued except when the dog or cat is being shown in competition, is actively engaged in the sport of hunting, is in the confines of the owner's property, or is government-owned dog used for law enforcement purposes.
Also know that after talking to county cops in Port St. Lucie, pit bull breeds are not allowed off leash in any park and that Florida is considering banning Pit Bull breeds statewide (I do a lot of research because my dog's demeanor completely changed after he was brutally attacked by a pit bull at this dog park) Another one of the reasons I take him seperately and at different times. I would love to meet the ndividual who spoke vaguely about me so we could rectify this as adults. Feel free to approach me at any time so I can assure you the other methods of training I practice with my dog.
I know this is four years ago but I registered just to respond. You sound almost intelligent until you start talking about the banning of an entire breed because of one incident with your dog. My babies (two pit-bulls) were raised from 6 weeks old, They love other dogs, love children, and just simply love life. They were viciously attacked by a collie at 5 months old and they have never shown aggression. They rolled over and cried when they were attacked. Should I now ask that all collies be banned? Should i ask that any collie be put to sleep if it happens to be put in a shelter. Hell, should I start a statewide petition to get rid of collies??? You are an idiot. You are a racist. It is simply how you raise your family to treat others. I don't care if it is a child or a canine. You are the one who felt 'guilty' about being the "the "blonde lady" who's dogs bite."... How did you raise your family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach