Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 07:10 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTPR View Post
Hey Is That Open To Non-tradition Residents? I Have Two Happy Go Lucky Dogs That Love To Play. It Would Be A Nice Experience To See Them In Action And Interacting With Other Dogs.

Don't know if this has been already addressed but the Dog Park now has a carded gate access ONLY for Tradition Residents.

It is currently closed while they make some improvements. Just checked with the Tradition office yesterday while I was in doing paperwork to be sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 07:10 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsizing View Post
Thanks for your response. I would figure that if it did not flood this time that it wouldn't during a hurricane. That was about as much rain as we get in any given storm, probably more.
Tropical storms seem to usually dump more rain than Hurricanes.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:21 AM

36 posts, read 185,681 times
Wow! We have been following the posts in this forum and really appreciate everyone in here for all the insightful and informative posts! We are home owners in Tradition and have 1 small dog. We have been to the dog park only a few times, though not recently. When last there, all the other dog owners were from outside of Tradition except us. So we look forward to the park being accessible only to Tradition residents with cards. HOPEFULLY that will help in keeping the park a bit cleaner with regard to people cleaning up their pup's pooh. NOTE: As I was reading this forum, my husband visited the park 15 minutes ago. The new sign states that the carded entry gate will begin operating on 9-2-08. We chuckled when we read that the gate will automatically LOCK at 8pm, and that anyone remaining in the park will be effectively "locked in". (Can you imagine standing at the fence trying to call out to cars passing by, "Help! Get us outta here! We got locked in!!") LOL Anyway..... The parvo outbreak information was especially interesting and I am hoping someone may have a current update on that? Also, as we happen to live in Heritage Oaks, the information regarding the ban on Pit Bulls was very interesting too, as we didn't know there was a ban on any particular breed of animals. --------------------- And finally ----------- Can anyone please inform us of any other forums in here about Tradition and/or Heritage Oaks? ------- Thank you all!!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:13 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehunts123 View Post
as we happen to live in Heritage Oaks, the information regarding the ban on Pit Bulls was very interesting too, as we didn't know there was a ban on any particular breed of animals.
Please check with your HOA. Once you got a clear answer, would you please post here? My GSD left me for the rainbow bridge. She was so young and I am very sad. No more dog park for me.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:22 AM

The Rules of Heritage Oaks. as I live here as well, say "No Agressive breeds allowed"
Since you have to fill out a form on your pet and what it is for HOA approval....I would say that means no pit bulls. It's Saturday so I can't call and ask what other breed they include in that defination.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:18 PM

Interesting. I have seen a few pit bulls here in Heritage Oaks but never knew they weren't allowed. Not sure who they belonged to though... Didn't recognize the owners or know what house they were from.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:24 AM

[quote=LingLing;4136065]Okay. Here is the info I found for pitbulls

1.Tradition doesn’t have a ban on pitbulls.
2.Each HOA has its own set of rules.
a. The Lakes doesn’t have a ban
b. Bedford park doesn’t have a ban
c. Heritage Oaks has a ban.
d. All others except Engle home don't have a ban.
e. Engle home can't be reached at this moment.

Please double check before you move in.

Update- there is now a ban on Pit Bulls in Bedford Park listed on their HOA application form.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:55 PM

Here are the signs- and rules:

[SIZE=4]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/FlaLadyB/TraditionDogParkrules.jpg[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/FlaLadyB/TraditionDogParkSign.jpg[/SIZE]

Old 09-30-2008, 12:59 PM

Default Our Condolences to Ling Ling......

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
My GSD left me for the rainbow bridge. She was so young and I am very sad. No more dog park for me.
Dear Ling Ling, we are so very sorry to hear of your loss. Our hearts and prayers go out to you. As young as she was, she certainly seems to have had quite a wonderful and loving home and life time. Let us wish that for all animals everywhere, in her honor. xoxox, The Hunts

Old 10-01-2008, 08:04 AM

Ling Ling, I am catching up on the dog park. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have fur kids myself and I know how your heart breaks. I'm sure she will be waiting for you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach