Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 01:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,991 times

Advertisements

My friends moved in a few months ago. When I visited last week they told me that if I was going to take the dog to the dog park, I needed a key. They must have just installed this feature because I didn't need a key the prior month when I visited. I didn't take the dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 08:34 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppino View Post
My friends moved in a few months ago. When I visited last week they told me that if I was going to take the dog to the dog park, I needed a key. They must have just installed this feature because I didn't need a key the prior month when I visited. I didn't take the dog.

All you have to do is stop by the Management Companys office up at the front and get access. No biggie....

Old 11-04-2008, 09:43 AM

3 posts, read 5,954 times
Hey Blondie,what kind of dog do you have again? A German Shepard? There have been attacks from that breed aswell. I used to be terrified of dogs due to a childhood experiance with a labrador, and I have conquered my phobia thanks to my American pit that adores me, my children, my cat, and my neighbors. Pits have been focused on by the media due to the fact they have been the primary breed used in dog fighting by stupid degenerates. Chows have been known to be aggressive,huskies aswell . Shall we ban them too? The correct name for pits is American Staffordshire Terrier. They were originally bred for hunting,to manage bulls,etc. They were then misused and abused in pit fighting therefore picking up that name "pit" bull.Instead of banning any breed we should pass stricter laws to make sure all animals (including roosters used for illegal fights) don not end up in the hands of certain people. If pits become banned, another breed will take its place in being a fighting dog.

Last edited by vinnyinpsl; 11-04-2008 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: type error

Old 11-04-2008, 09:47 AM

I went to the welcome center in tradition to ask for directions to the dog park and was told the park is for residents only and that i needed a key to get in.what is the real scoop? help!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:59 AM

There needs to be dog park for all residents of port st lucie and there could be a membership fee or entrance fee to help fund its up keep. As for you all assuming that its people that don't live in tradition that were spoiling your park, you'll find that even your neighbors can be responsible for not cleaning up after their pets. What is the message here? If you don't live in tradition you are automatically a slob?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyinpsl View Post
I went to the welcome center in tradition to ask for directions to the dog park and was told the park is for residents only and that i needed a key to get in.what is the real scoop? help!

As posted prior to you asking - yes...the dog park is for Tradition Residents only.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyinpsl View Post
There needs to be dog park for all residents of port st lucie and there could be a membership fee or entrance fee to help fund its up keep. As for you all assuming that its people that don't live in tradition that were spoiling your park, you'll find that even your neighbors can be responsible for not cleaning up after their pets. What is the message here? If you don't live in tradition you are automatically a slob?
Having an area for the dogs in Tradition has nothing to do with being a slob. We all know that people from anywhere don't pick up after their pet. My next door neighbor is one of them. It has to do with the fact we have a lot of dogs in our communities and the community choose to build an area for them. It's not acres and acres of land by any means it's 2 fenced in areas large enough for dogs to romp around a bit and fellow dog owners to sit and chat a while.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,692 times
About a month ago, my friend brought to the Tradition dog park, her two dogs (A Mastiff & a Pitbull). People started talking about her pitbull, unnecessary comments. Next time please educate yourselves about how wonderful pitbulls are & don't be influenced by what you see in the movies or the news. Humans can change any dog behavior...and next time if you have any questions, ask the owner, maybe you will learn something new and also have a new friend, a PITBULL.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Joe View Post
About a month ago, my friend brought to the Tradition dog park, her two dogs (A Mastiff & a Pitbull). People started talking about her pitbull, unnecessary comments. Next time please educate yourselves about how wonderful pitbulls are & don't be influenced by what you see in the movies or the news. Humans can change any dog behavior...and next time if you have any questions, ask the owner, maybe you will learn something new and also have a new friend, a PITBULL.

Pitbulls are now restricted from almost every community in Tradition- that's why the questions. The wording also says in addition to Pitbulls...any agressive breeds. You can check with your own HOA and ask them directly. Your friends dog is NOT ALLOWED. The dog park is also for OWNERS ONLY.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:50 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Joe View Post
I don't agree with the law against a certain breed. However, I firmly believe a responsible pit bull owner will NOT place his or her pit in a dog park environment. A nice black lab (there is one in the tradition dog park) may start the fight. A pitbull who may just defense itself can get blamed for the whole thing. If I have a perfect pitbull and would like to keep it happy, I won’t place the dog in that environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach