Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2014, 09:36 PM

8 posts, read 28,757 times

Advertisements

I moved to Vero Beach only three weeks ago and broke a tooth/cap with a root canal in it on the side of my mouth last Friday night! Not knowing any dentists, I called several and booked an appointment today (Monday) with the first dentist I could get. He was very nice but definitely extremely rate conscious. I will be paying for the full cost out of pocket. He quoted a cost of $4200.00 which seems terrifyingly high as I am a senior who had two dental implants done about 3 years ago in New England which only cost about $2800. per implant. Does anyone know of a good dentist in the Vero Beach area that has more reasonable rates and is accepting new patients? Any advice you can lend would be helpful. Thanks very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 08:32 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,888,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeroNewbie View Post
I moved to Vero Beach only three weeks ago and broke a tooth/cap with a root canal in it on the side of my mouth last Friday night! Not knowing any dentists, I called several and booked an appointment today (Monday) with the first dentist I could get. He was very nice but definitely extremely rate conscious. I will be paying for the full cost out of pocket. He quoted a cost of $4200.00 which seems terrifyingly high as I am a senior who had two dental implants done about 3 years ago in New England which only cost about $2800. per implant. Does anyone know of a good dentist in the Vero Beach area that has more reasonable rates and is accepting new patients? Any advice you can lend would be helpful. Thanks very much.
Ugh I cracked two teeth myself and now am looking at the same thing. I have a mouth full of caps (done in Philly) so it's major engineering.

It depends on WHICH TOOTH and what you're getting done.

Which tooth? Do you know what number?

You didn't say what the $4200 was for. An implant and crown? What about the extraction?

Did you need bone graft for this implant or the other ones in NE or not?

Or was it a bridge for the 4200.00?

Did that $2800 include your crown all at once?

I can't believe you got an IMPLANT AND CROWN for that but ok. That IS cheap. Worth flying back for, IMO.

I don't understand your comment about the dentist being "extremely rate conscious". What does that mean?

I love Ocean Oaks and their prices are lower than my dentist in Philly. They do beautiful, high tech, and very thorough work. But they're not "cheap".

My dentist quoted me 2500.00 for the implant and 1500.00 for the crown on# 13 and #5 (SIDE TEETH) He has an Oral Surgeon who does his implant work. Then he does the cap.

He quoted me 1000.00 to replace crown #20, 27, 28 because they are not in prominent positions and stand alone.

He quoted me $7000 to replace a bridge in the front # 6 through 12 (7 teeth).

Bear in mind, my teeth are already capped so the prep work is less.

You might have better luck with some of the corporate chain dentists. Someone I know recommended the one next to McDonalds at the mall but I can't remember their name. They seem busy in the car lot every day.

One option is to have the implant procedure NOW, and wait to get the cap later.

You 'll retain bone in the spot where the implant is placed and while it's healing you can decide on the budgeting for the cap.

But you'll need a flipper or something to cover up that gap if it's prominent.

PS My Philly dentist charged me 5000 for an implant 5 years ago but it was in a lower molar position. And had a graft.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 10-07-2014 at 08:42 PM..

Old 10-08-2014, 04:22 AM

910 posts, read 2,218,049 times
I paid $1,100 for a root canal in June, and $1,200 for a crown on the same tooth. I think this is probably about mid-range in prices; I have heard of crowns as cheap as $700, but keep in mind that sometimes you get what you pay for.... I wouldn't go with the lowest cost in town. I don't have dental insurance either. I've always heard that it doesn't really cover all that much when it comes to major work.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:07 PM

194 posts, read 427,667 times
I cannot offer you a dentist in Vero but I am in the process now of completing implants. I had 2 implants recently put in on my lower jaw at $1,250 each. I am now getting a three tooth bridge to go over the two teeth and the space between the two for $2,700 over the next two weeks. Extractions and bone graphs were in the $100-$200 range.
You should be able to get a implant and crown for $2,500 to under $3,000. I got that quote from several dentists in Palm Beach. IMO opinion over 3k is too much. I ended up using the oral surgeon and dentist that I used for 15 years and I am extremely happy with the work.
For the 2k more that the dentist wants I would seriously consider expanding your search north and south or research some of the national chain dentistry offices to find a dentist.
By the way there are what they call mini-implants which are much less invasive and cheaper but the quality is likely not as good but it is a new option you may want to look into in. They are supposed to be a one day deal.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:23 PM

8 posts, read 28,757 times
The implant and crown I need are for the upper right side of my mouth. The fourth from the center right tooth, counting the center tooth. The price I was quoted included the implant and the crown. (He did not mention a graft) I had a root canal in it which will have to be removed. The $4200. covered that as well. IfJimT7406 cares to share the name of his dentist, I'd love to have it, otherwise, I will go with a Dr. in Jupiter at Appearance Implants and Laser Dentistry who has good prices but mixed reviews. Thank you all. (The 2800.00 price I paid in New England was for each implant only, not including the 700.00 for the crown)

Old 10-10-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeroNewbie View Post
The implant and crown I need are for the upper right side of my mouth. The fourth from the center right tooth, counting the center tooth. The price I was quoted included the implant and the crown. (He did not mention a graft) I had a root canal in it which will have to be removed. The $4200. covered that as well. IfJimT7406 cares to share the name of his dentist, I'd love to have it, otherwise, I will go with a Dr. in Jupiter at Appearance Implants and Laser Dentistry who has good prices but mixed reviews. Thank you all. (The 2800.00 price I paid in New England was for each implant only, not including the 700.00 for the crown)
Yes that would be great to get a referral from someone!

UGH that tooth is one that shows. Otherwise you could just get the implant and worry about the cap later. That's the same one as MINE that I am planning on getting an implant later on! Number 5! (but I have a bridge there so no gap to cover up)

OK so your implant actually cost 3500.00 with the crown. That sounds more typical IME.

My Ocean Oaks dentist quoted me 2500.00 for each implant. Plus crown on top of that. The crowns can vary in price depending on the materials, which tooth and other factors.

Now in Philly I got an implant for #30 (a molar) but it needed a graft. So that adds a few hundred to the price. I think he would have told you if you got a graft - it's a "procedure" and they usually joke with you about it because they use either human cadaver bone or cow bone. Plus after they put the bone marrow in there you have to let it take hold before you get the implant. So no, you didn't need a graft. (graft means building up your bone to be more dense to HOLD the implant)

If you have seen this Jupiter guy already, then his price is probably going to be the end result.

If you have NOT had your exam yet, things may change because he hasn't done the exam and not every space can get an implant depending on the bone especially up there where your sinus is. But I think #5 is a little bit in FRONT of the sinus.

I have to say that dentist's reviews are scary. People don't usually bother with that unless they're really mad.

And remember an IMPLANT is serious they are drilling into your bone. Not without consequence like a cap.

Be careful! I would suggest you re-consider and at least have your IMPLANT done by someone with good reputation.

I am basically in your same situation with my number 13 cracking and having to decide on an implant, a bridge or just an extraction. But that tooth is not as prominent as #5.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 10-10-2014 at 07:46 AM..

Old 10-10-2014, 07:44 AM

BTW you may want to post on the DENTAL forum there are alot of people there including a dentist, I think.

Good Luck!

Old 10-11-2014, 12:52 PM

186 posts, read 377,653 times
Default Dental implants

I went to Costa Rica in Sept for 4 implants. Best thing I ever did. I go back in March for the crowns. I paid 3350.00 for the 4 and he pulled teeth for free. (Here the endodontist wanted like 450.00 to pull each tooth. Ridiculous.) No problems, great US trained dentist who does it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach