Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 03:22 PM
ZTM

57 posts, read 94,361 times

Advertisements

Also, visit PSL first and spend some time there. Had I done that, I never would have moved there even though I had a good job. Most jobs in PSL are service jobs which pay very little. it's a good place for blue collar pick-up truck driving folks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 03:42 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,305,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTM View Post
Also, visit PSL first and spend some time there. Had I done that, I never would have moved there even though I had a good job. Most jobs in PSL are service jobs which pay very little. it's a good place for blue collar pick-up truck driving folks
Yes we are ,,thanks

Old 11-26-2014, 09:37 AM

104 posts, read 312,900 times
Thanks for all the help all, I will keep you posted.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:21 PM

596 posts, read 1,239,858 times
Just curios, but I think it's very hard, seems impossible to get a job there, without having a local residence, nobody seems to want to hire even a part time employee from an out of state address.... ? Besides if you are lucky enough to get an interview for an $8-10 hr job is it worth the expense of flying down with no guarantee's ? That's my thought!

Old 11-26-2014, 09:25 PM

212 posts, read 229,016 times
How is the Job Market in the "Treasure Coast" area?
I live in Phoenix,AZ and was looking at this area as a place to escape to, because of severe allergies, if it ever got that bad.
I have been driving a CDL Class B licensed delivery truck for 10 years here in Phoenix and also have warehouse experience and factory machine tender experience. also certified in stand up and sit down fork lifts.
And Im just nearing 50 years of age, Do you think I would be employable at my age and with my experience in this area of florida or should I look elsewhere. I can support myself for about 2 years with no income and My Credit is spotless, So what do you think?

Old 11-30-2014, 11:25 AM
ZTM

57 posts, read 94,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovetsky Medved View Post
I live in Phoenix,AZ and was looking at this area as a place to escape to, because of severe allergies, if it ever got that bad.
I have been driving a CDL Class B licensed delivery truck for 10 years here in Phoenix and also have warehouse experience and factory machine tender experience. also certified in stand up and sit down fork lifts.
And Im just nearing 50 years of age, Do you think I would be employable at my age and with my experience in this area of florida or should I look elsewhere. I can support myself for about 2 years with no income and My Credit is spotless, So what do you think?
Avoid PSL at all costs. If you want to live in the area, look at Palm City, Stuart, or Vero. PSL and Fort Pierce is the pits.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:45 AM

18 posts, read 17,984 times
Quote:
PSL as far as job market is concerned is essentially non-existent. I would look further south.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:18 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,865,463 times
Let no one tell you there are no truck driving jobs here. You can find one just about anywhere. Publix, Walmart and others are hiring all the time.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:21 AM

5 posts, read 7,724 times
Quote:
I think you will be fine finding work nearby if you choice to live in PSL. Palm Beach is an hour drive to the south, and there is plenty of warehouses, chain stores, etc. that need drivers to serve the Treasure Coast and Martin county area. Just check out the craigslist treasure coast job listings treasure coast transportation - craigslist

Old 12-05-2014, 08:31 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
In reference to not living here and nobody wanting to give you a job because of it.... well, yeah. You have to understand that Florida has a LOT of people who come down here thinking...I'll get a job when I get there. NOT IN THIS ECONOMY. But they still do it. I still get those calls....no job, but I'm coming down and need a rental. Well, sorry charlie..not happening. So they come anyhow, maybe find a job for a while, then up and disappear!! OR.. say they are coming, and never show up. That's why they dont like out of town/state applications. Can't blame them actually.

BUT...on the bright side for you - trucking is a National sport! You can be a trucker in (anywhere) and get a job with someone based HERE in Florida.

GO FOR IT....and apply -- see if they have other parts of their company where you are. Ask about jobs here at THAT office.

yes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach