Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 12:24 PM

228 posts, read 361,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soflek View Post
I am not sure where you are in Michigan or your current school situation but be prepared for very low performing schools. St. Lucie is ranked as the worst district in the state and even the schools you have mentioned in St. Lucie West have declined in recent years. That being said if you have the option to create a path for your kids you would likely want to complete lottery for fourth grader at Palm Pointe with either West Gate or St. Lucie West as backup until eight grade. Unfortunately, the High school situation is even worse. Centennial would be the best choice for SW PSL as it includes families from higher income areas north of Crosstown and Tradition. TCHS is dangerous!! I have close ties to the school and my own children did not attend and went to private High school. The socioeconomics of the area it serves are rapidly declining and the school barely graduates 70% of students in four years (well below national average). Centennial does not perform much better on paper but I will tell you that it is a much better school if private or MARTIN COUNTY are not an option.

Forgot to add: use the 504 plan with older one. Contact district as you will likely be able to select the best fit school for specific situation. My sisters children have EIP and are able to avoid Treasure Coast High by attending PSL High School IB.

(Knocking on Wood). My son goes to TCHS and still has his glasses on. And he's an honor roll student! He has seen his share of fights tho. i was not happy with Oak Hammock, and so we are homeschooling our 12 yr old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 06:31 PM

278 posts, read 999,817 times
SOFLEK- Thanks so much for the schooling info. I have read the PSL west schools were better then PSL schools and Martin County Schools were far better yet. I plan on talking to both PSL and Martin County Schools when I am there next friday. I absolutely need a good school for my son that has the 504! He has several accomodations in place and needs good teachers that will work one on one with him. He is easily lost in a crowd. So the more individualized instruction he can recieve the better! What about Magnet schools?? Are there any Math focused ones around?

FlaLadyB- I ment in PSLW area. California runs N/S. According to the map California only runs E/W for a small part between Cameo Blvd and Catalina Terrace.

It sure would be easier to have an actual map with school boundries on it...smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach