Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 12:26 PM

35 posts, read 53,733 times

Advertisements

There are no jobs in PSL. Do not move here without a job, unless you value employment in the retail sector. Many are moving here for cheap rent and burdening the school system and infrastructure. Just because six of your cousins, brothers and aunts can pool together enough to cover the $1100 in rent to live here it doesn't mean you should....oh and tell your extended family that we park our vehicles in the driveway and garage, not in the front yard while turning the garage to a domino room. If your dropping your kids off at school for months with out of state expired plates your doing it wrong.

My new motto: Port St. Lucie, paradise ruined by careless outsiders.

You have destroyed this town and are slowly turning the southern end of the city into the largest ghetto in the state..

Do not move here without employment!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 02:02 PM

I will be adding images to this thread as time allows. The city is not what a few realtors on these forums make it out to be. You have been warned

Old 02-23-2015, 02:20 PM

St. Lucie School District - Fort Pierce, Florida - SchoolDigger.com

These are the schools your children will attend. Do your research.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:19 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,135,697 times
I see you seem to like Ft Pierce or you're just picking out certain places to post

we pretty much don't include too much of anything in Ft Pierce..... like you have. Just check the posts from people here...

It might be part of St Lucie COUNTY....but It's not Port St Lucie...

AND I would think you would use the actual SCHOOL DISTRICT site to quote anything to do with statistics

Old 02-23-2015, 08:25 PM

16 posts, read 29,505 times
I live in PSL and think it is a wonderful town. Moved here approximately 2 years ago and don't regret it at all. I think the school system is decent and I love the school my son attends. In reading your post sounds like you have a problem with Latino persons. Maybe I'm wrong but sounds that way in your post.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
I see you seem to like Ft Pierce or you're just picking out certain places to post

we pretty much don't include too much of anything in Ft Pierce..... like you have. Just check the posts from people here...

It might be part of St Lucie COUNTY....but It's not Port St Lucie...

AND I would think you would use the actual SCHOOL DISTRICT site to quote anything to do with statistics
Fort Pierce what?? These are the results from FDOESchool Accountability Report .

The schools in PSL are terrible and getting worse. I am not picking certain places to post. I am responding to the spam you unload on this forum about PSL.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey3368 View Post
I live in PSL and think it is a wonderful town. Moved here approximately 2 years ago and don't regret it at all. I think the school system is decent and I love the school my son attends. In reading your post sounds like you have a problem with Latino persons. Maybe I'm wrong but sounds that way in your post.
I have no problem with Latinos. I have lived here for a lot longer than you and have seen this community ruined in the last seven years. Schools, neighborhoods ruined by careless residents and renters.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:57 PM

You say I don't like Latinos but I can't talk about Fort Pierce according to FlaLadyB...who doesn't like who??

Old 02-23-2015, 11:15 PM

361 posts, read 744,600 times
I live just on the outskirts of St. Lucie West(Near California & Crosstown) I bought my home in 2012. We moved here from Miami to raise our son in a better environment and we feel we made the right decision. I work remotely for a large online company and freelance so I'm not concerned about the local job market. However, there are businesses here other than retail as you say. (Hospitals/Doctors Office, Auto/Body Shops, Pharmacy, Gov/City Jobs, etc...) Sure, this is not a Silicone Valley or Wall Street but to say we don't have any employment opportunities outside of retail is absurd.

I generally stay in the St. Lucie West/Tradition areas or Jensen Beach/Stuart or drive to West Palm Beach.

Truth of the matter is -- anywhere you live you will have issues or you will just grow tired of it. You need to outweigh the negatives to the positives. For me Port St Lucie quality of life is way better than Miami quality of life.

If you feel so negative about this area then speak with your wallet.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:33 PM

692 posts, read 697,747 times
Sorry that you are such a negative person. I have 3 grandchildren in the school system here. One is gifted and the programs he is in and the education he is getting is excellent I love how everyone in PSL is friendly and welcoming. I have only been here for five years but I have no regrets. I found a job, I volunteer here, my husband and sons found jobs and we are all happy that we made the move here. Just because things didn't work out for you, doesn't give you permission to **** on every one else's parade. I hope you find somewhere to live that makes you happy. I really mean that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach