U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 03:27 PM

2,143 posts, read 7,451,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTheCatRocks View Post
Yes, yes, yes...and yes.

Yes, I have, as recently as March. I'm in Stuart all the time.

Sorry...don't agree. Stuart is WAY eaiser access to all, especially the West Palm Beach airport. Palm City is a schlep to the airport.
You're dreaming. but what do I know, I've only lived here 26 years.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 02:57 PM

177 posts, read 833,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
You're dreaming. but what do I know, I've only lived here 26 years.
Hey - you asked the questions. I'm there all the time. I've been going to Stuart for 15 years now.

Do you honestly think you need to live in a place for 26 years to have an opinion?

Sorry...you're WRONG LILLYBEANS. Just let it go already. I won't waste any more time on this thread trying to teach the ignorant.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:58 AM

2,091 posts, read 6,773,996 times
The Cove Rd area or Martin (south Stuart) is easy access to I95. You can bypass bad I95 traffic if you are paying attention to the traffic reports by taking the Jupiter exit interchange to the turnpike.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,549 times
What disappoints me about Stuart that there is no bus to get there to visit my friend! Oh well. =[

Old 02-15-2015, 02:54 PM

2 posts, read 3,419 times
Hi. I am a retired university librarian, and my wife is still working as a university teacher in China, and will retire in the summer of 2016. She is Chinese, a very sweet little lady and my treasure. Her english is improving, but there will always be gaps in her knowledge. I'm white. The stats I've seen online say there are very few Asians in Stuart and surrounding areas, she doesn't mind that at all, but I want to know if she will be welcomed there and not face any racism. Overt, at least. There's always jerks, that's to be expected. I'm more of a homebody than she is except for water activities, but she likes tennis, pool, ping-pong, hiking etc., and will eventually want to go out and do those things and other social activities even if I don't go with her. So since her happiness is a main concern of mine, I'd like any insights anyone may have on this. We're fairly well off and would be living in a middle class retiree-type home or 55+ community

Old 02-15-2015, 04:28 PM
Caa

940 posts, read 2,292,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariannaj View Post
Hi! We are also considering moving to Stuart. Well, I take that back; I am considering moving, but my husband isn't on board just yet, he he.

We went and visited; I loved the downtown, I thought the prices were reasonable, and loved the fact that there were so many beaches. I wouldn't have a problem finding a job since I work in the court system, but my husband works in construction (he has his own interior trim company), and he's worried about finding work down there.

The only other thing I would be concerned about is hurricanes, since Stuart is right on the beach. Also, I wasn't too crazy about the traffic around St Port Lucie and Fort Pierce, but we did go in January.

Anyway, I need to move to a warmer climate due to health reasons. We currently live in NC, and we have a nice climate most of the time, but I need it to be above 60 F all year round.

Any thoughts about some of the issues I've raised? I would love to hear what y'all think..
Only thing, this winter we have had many evening and night temps in the low 40's and low 50's, but I think you would love it here!

Old 02-15-2015, 04:36 PM
Caa

940 posts, read 2,292,979 times
hi there! We just moved here 6 months ago and love love love it here. We lived in Cape Coral in 2002-2005 then went to Baton Rouge. Loved Baton Rouge, hated Cape Coral. Decided to come back here as our families are all down here. Anyway, we live in an apt in Palm City. We love Palm City, but in a couple years, we are moving into Stuart. We jsut cannot afford a home here and the ones we can afford are old and not our style. That being said, people in Stuart and Palm City are truly ther freindliest I have ever met. Smiling, saying hi and just plain nice! Our daughter is 12 and loves her Middle School here, just a few issues at school, nothing major though! The reason we want to move to Stuart also, is we both work in Stuart and my daughter is assigned to Martin Cty High School so it will just be easier to live there. I love it here and feel safe for the most part. I love the school system and just got a new job at Stuart Middle School and the people there are great as well. There are so many activities for children to do here and loots of sports, soccer is my child's love, and we are signing her up again for the rec soccer team here. The aprents don't just look at you and turn away, they smile and say hi and talk with you! You will love it here, I really think you will PM me for more information! Welcome!!!

Old 02-17-2015, 08:04 PM

14 posts, read 23,160 times
Stuart is a wonderful town. Beautiful down town on the river, which is something hard to find in Florida, the land of strip malls. Many good restaurants and great parks as well.

Many people move here specifically because of Martin County schools. We did.
Palm City is very nice and has some of the best elementary schools in the State.

Fishing is great although the river water is not blue unless way out near the outlet. Great snook fishing and the offshore bite is very good.

If Orlando is your experience of Florida, then you will LOVE Stuart, small town feel in South Florida.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:25 PM

4,509 posts, read 7,730,081 times
The post you hopped on was from 2008! hahaha.. things have changed here in the Treasure Coast but all is well.

Yes Stuart and Palm City areas are nice to live in. Port St Lucie is as well. This area is not a metropolis of chaos by any means. It's more quiet and reasonable.

I don't think you will find anyone saying anything about your wife or you at any time. They might, like me, ask questions out of curiosity, but that's about all.

Water sports? oh yes. You might want to try joining some "meetups.com" in the area to meet new people who have various loves of water sports as well

I dont think you will have any problems moving here. It's a likeable area

Old 02-20-2015, 12:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,419 times
Default Thanks, FlaLadyB!

Thanks, again, and for letting me know of my in-the-past gaff . Newbe here (obviously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
The post you hopped on was from 2008! hahaha.. things have changed here in the Treasure Coast but all is well.

Yes Stuart and Palm City areas are nice to live in. Port St Lucie is as well. This area is not a metropolis of chaos by any means. It's more quiet and reasonable.

I don't think you will find anyone saying anything about your wife or you at any time. They might, like me, ask questions out of curiosity, but that's about all.

Water sports? oh yes. You might want to try joining some "meetups.com" in the area to meet new people who have various loves of water sports as well

I dont think you will have any problems moving here. It's a likeable area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach