Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:03 PM

3 posts, read 5,720 times

Advertisements

NEED ADVICE
Hello my family and I are looking to move from stuart to psl. The obvious is the prices of home. The home we are looking into buying is in NewPort Isles. Does ANYONE have any good or bad input on it? I dont know much about PSL. Please be honest, we dont want move our family to a bad area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 07:26 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenanmoniv View Post
NEED ADVICE
Hello my family and I are looking to move from stuart to psl. The obvious is the prices of home. The home we are looking into buying is in NewPort Isles. Does ANYONE have any good or bad input on it? I dont know much about PSL. Please be honest, we dont want move our family to a bad area!

NO NO PLEASE NO.......
If you don't believe me stop by the police station next door on the corner of Rosser and ask how many times a night they are in there. I can tell you I get lots of calls from people who want OUT of there. Did you not notice all the overgrown lawns, empty houses, etc. Even when I send out a list of homes I do NOT include Newport Isles in it.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:23 AM

Thank you for your input. I spoke to the security guard in there and he said that ever since they put the gate up it has improved alot and also because a homeowners association is in place now. The house is so amazing 5/6 bedrooms in a cal-de-sac..unbelieable home. I have heard alot of bad areas in PSL. What area do you recommend?

Old 01-21-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Thank you for your input. I spoke to the security guard in there and he said that ever since they put the gate up it has improved alot and also because a homeowners association is in place now. The house is so amazing 5/6 bedrooms in a cal-de-sac..unbelieable home. I have heard alot of bad areas in PSL. What area do you recommend?
I know its very difficult to find 5-6 bedroom homes in the entire area....but I can look for you. If you ask the guard at the gate again, ask him/her how many and how many TIMES the police go in there per night. The Assoc. is not working after 6 nor are they police. The gate has been up a LONG time and so has the HOA but that doesn't stop what goes on inside or the teens who sneek in the back way.

I am reminded of a client who works for 911 telling me about a lady who was in her own house taking a shower and when she came out half her house was gone!

Anyhow...let me see what is availablle in the area and I will contact you privately if that's ok.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:15 PM

Does anyone have anything good to say about PSL or the Newport area? (lol)

Old 01-22-2009, 08:23 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Does anyone have anything good to say about PSL or the Newport area? (lol)
There actually aren't a lot of bad areas in PSL. PSL has lower crime than Stuart. It is such a huge city that you should be able to find a quiet, good, and affordable house somewhere within the 80 square miles or so that is perfect for you. Most areas don't have HOAs and have no need for gates.

My brother's ex girlfriend owned a home in Newport Isles (well, her father did anyway).... no horror stories that I know of, but if it's a place full of young people and renters, you will have to accept that it will be more raucous than a "normal" neighborhood of familes.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:31 AM

There are plenty of good areas in PSL, in fact most of it. But you do come across areas, as in any city, that are less desirable than others.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:13 PM

16 posts, read 18,644 times
If you want a 45 minute there and 45 minute back commute then yeah its good

Old 05-08-2009, 05:57 AM

578 posts, read 1,776,832 times
I can't remember the name of the street but if you go down to the end of Savage under I-95 and into my neighborhood there was a two story home that had to be at least 5 bedrooms and about 4000 square ft brand new going for around 250k. I don't know if it is still avaliable but you can drive around my neighborhood and find plenty of big homes for sale that are not abandoned.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:33 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep111 View Post
I can't remember the name of the street but if you go down to the end of Savage under I-95 and into my neighborhood there was a two story home that had to be at least 5 bedrooms and about 4000 square ft brand new going for around 250k. I don't know if it is still avaliable but you can drive around my neighborhood and find plenty of big homes for sale that are not abandoned.
OMG....are you talking about that beautiful home, on the right hand side (coming from Gatlin)...looking so nice, and a "bit out of place" ???
Double story, 1 or 2 years old ?
My friend still lives in that area, and told me, that it is for rent (they were not able to sell it, and had seen already one previous renter !)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach