Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2016, 03:59 PM

25 posts, read 37,627 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am looking for any information on both Cascades and King's Isle in St. Lucie West. Are the available activities offered and the demographics similar? We are just over 55, and don't necessarily have to be in a 55+ community, but are not sure where else to look. We were originally looking in Hobe Sound and Stuart area but are broadening our search as we have family close to this area. We would like to be in a neighborhood with an active pool/clubhouse - 55+ or not. We also like the Sun Terrace neighborhood which we know is not 55+.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 06:13 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,936 times
There are a ton of communities in the area. All with a variety of amenities and dues. The only ones I'd stay away from is Newport Isle as it is pretty terrible in quite a few ways still and Traditions which is very expensive dues wise for what you get compared to other options.

PGA - If you don't mind paying they have a bunch of sections that offer a variety of options and great amenities
Lake Charles - Very inexpensive dues wise but you get a lot for the money. Probably the best bang for the buck out of any community in the area.
Vineyards - Smaller community but nice homes.
Lake Forest - I don't like the homes in here, very double wide like but it is an option.
etc..

There are plenty of options and depending on what you're looking for they can suit your needs.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:38 PM

162 posts, read 311,210 times
Default Kings Isle

If you are looking for an active community, Kings Isle has over 40 clubs and many events offered by them and the clubhouse. The homes are reasonably priced and sell fast. I know because I work there......

Old 02-15-2016, 06:51 PM

Thank you both for your responses!

PhotoFlo - what would you say the demographic is at KI? Is there a good percentage of the "just barely over 55" residents in the community? Thanks!

Old 02-15-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conanc View Post
Thank you both for your responses!

PhotoFlo - what would you say the demographic is at KI? Is there a good percentage of the "just barely over 55" residents in the community? Thanks!

I'd say Kings Isle is more on the older side than just hitting 55 by a good margin.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:34 AM

Thank you. The reason I asked is because my mom lived in a 55+ community, but it was an older demographic and not what we would be looking for quite yet. We are looking for an active clubhouse community but it doesn't have to be 55+. We are just beginning our search in the SLW area. Are there any all age communities around that you know of that would fit the bill?

Thanks so much!

Old 02-16-2016, 05:51 PM

Look at my post above I listed some good ones. Good luck.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:15 PM

162 posts, read 311,210 times
Aridon is correct, the age at Kings Isle is older, however younger people are moving in. I would say the "average" age is 75.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:51 PM

Thanks again for the information! Very much appreciated!

Old 02-18-2016, 06:08 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Cascades is right next to Kings Isle. I live in-between both of them myself. After having been to both with clients I would say that Kings Isles is composed of people a lot older than 55. Highlight the word older. Just check out the clubs and visit the pool area to see who is there. Or check out any place that has people doing something.

There is also Vitallia.. which I believe has a closer to 55 age group and new homes. There is also new homes being build for 55+ in Tradition

Depends on what you want.

Otherwise, look for a home not in an age restricted area if you feel you are too YOUNG to be there

Sun Terrace -- only gives you less than 1200 sq feet for $147,500 -- thats a lot of money for that! compared to what else is on the market.

Last edited by FlaLadyB; 02-18-2016 at 06:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
View detailed profiles of: