Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 07:50 AM

26 posts, read 45,787 times

Advertisements

Looking for trustworthy company to transport my jeep to/from Long Island & Hobe Sound. Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

If you could share pricing info, that would be most helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 10:58 AM

228 posts, read 247,289 times
http://directconnectautotransport.com/

They coordinate with multiple carriers to get a cheaper rate, they are the main military company for moving personal vehicles when needed/authorized and we used it to ship a second vehicle from Atlanta to Texas 10+ years ago and it was "reasonable" (I say it was 1500 wife says 800)

Old 03-12-2016, 03:10 PM

66 posts, read 115,957 times
There is a company called Auto Plane out of MacArthur Airport in Ronkonkoma, LI that I have heard is very good. We priced transport for one of our cars last November and I believe it was about $1500 from their location at the airport to West Palm Beach Airport. I think they will drop it at different locations along I95 for additional $75.

We ended up driving both cars to be able to take more stuff but know multiple people that use them each year. Good luck

Old 03-12-2016, 05:00 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,520,189 times
When I was a Snowbird I googled auto transport rates, clicked one of the sites for rates,
After answering a few questions I got bombarded with many quotes from different companies.
I selected one and was told that transport companies broker out to various carriers.
Auto transport is very stressful, as your going to experience.
Select a broker, hold onto your hat, and hope for the best.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:15 AM

623 posts, read 965,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post
When I was a Snowbird I googled auto transport rates, clicked one of the sites for rates,
After answering a few questions I got bombarded with many quotes from different companies.
I selected one and was told that transport companies broker out to various carriers.
Auto transport is very stressful, as your going to experience.
Select a broker, hold onto your hat, and hope for the best.
I had my BMW shipped by a transport company and they subcontracted the job out to some idiot who tied down the car to the suspension system and bent the sway bar and it broke 9 months later. I think you need to inspect the undercarriage of the car after transport just to make sure

Old 03-16-2016, 02:08 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times
I worked for an auto manufacturer and all event and show cars were shipped by Reliable Carriers. Probably a private customer would pay a little more money than one of the "big three" but the service is always professional and on time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach