Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2017, 07:13 AM

481 posts, read 759,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
I just want the good German food!!! Mom was German so there is a high standard set.
The Hoffmann in Jensen Beach seems to have really good reviews and it is local!
https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-hoffman...ods+%26+Drinks

I have not gone but based on the reviews online I will have to try it out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 07:22 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSLCarPool View Post
The Hoffmann in Jensen Beach seems to have really good reviews and it is local!
https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-hoffman...ods+%26+Drinks

I have not gone but based on the reviews online I will have to try it out!
I have been there. I like my snichtzel better. The sauerbraten was very good. They didn't have any apfelstrudel left that day so I wasn't able to try that out.

I need to get back there. It wasn't bad. At least I remember it. LOL! If a place was not memorable, I tend to forget I ate there. If it was bad, I remember it. On that same note, if there was something good, I remember it.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:49 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
The one in Lake Worth/Lantana is AWESOME every year. It has the best food, numerous bands, and totally great time. I miss it !!

http://www.americangermanclub.org/oktoberfest/

Old 10-13-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
The one in Lake Worth/Lantana is AWESOME every year. It has the best food, numerous bands, and totally great time. I miss it !!

Oktoberfest of the American German Club of the Palm Beaches
Maybe next year.

That sounds like an amazing Oktoberfest!!!

Old 10-13-2017, 10:00 AM

MORE THINGS THIS WEEKEND - OCT 13- 15TH

KPSLB Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day

Date: Saturday, October 14, 2017
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Event Info: This event makes it easy for residents to get rid of their unwanted household chemicals and hazardous waste by providing a convenient place and time where the materials can be handed over to experts, free of charge, for proper disposal.

ADVANCE NOTICE - BECAUSE it said YOU NEED TO RESERVE A SPACE
Give-a-Tree, Spread-the-Shade
Tree Giveaway
Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful has rescheduled the Annual Tree Giveaway at the Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens on Saturday, October 21 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Trees are given away on a first-come, first-served basis to City of Port St. Lucie residents.

Help us maintain the natural beauty in Port Saint Lucie by planting a tree donated by the City.
The Talk of The Treasure Coast Walmart will provide breakfast.
One tree per household.
Trees available at the event are: Gumbo Limbo, Japanese Blueberry, Pigeon Plum, Silver Buttonwood, & Simpson Stopper.
For more information, contact Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful at 772-873-6312 or email kpslb@cityofpsl.com

Old 10-13-2017, 04:03 PM

MORE!!!!! the hurricane knocked out a lots of events!!!

The third annual Indian River Birding Festival and Nature Art Show from Friday through Sunday is the first at Audubon House on Oslo Road in Vero Beach. The Pelican Island Preservation Society joins the Pelican Island Audubon Society for an event that coincides with National Wildlife Refuge Week and includes the Friday evening unveiling of artist Deanna DeRosia’s 12-foot-by-47-foot mural featuring 70 examples of the area's flora and fauna.
Saturday and Sunday are packed with tours as well as opportunities to take in the art show at Audubon House. Birders can go on an owl prowl or spy on feathered friends at Stick Marsh, North Sebastian Inlet and Captain Forster’s Hammock Preserve. If you aren’t a die-hard birder, this one might not sound especially appealing to you but trust me, all kinds of birds flock to the West Regional Wastewater Treatment Facility.

If being on the water is your preference, there’a a kayak birding tour and a sunset cocktail cruise to Pelican Island. For more information go to Pelican Island Preservation Society or Facebook or call 772-494-6306.

Everyone’s invited to the meeting of the Pelican Island Audubon Society at 7 p.m. Oct. 16 at the Vero Beach Community Center. Mark Smith will talk about "The Sandhill Crane Story." For more information, go to Pelican Island Audubon Society.

ADVANCE NOTICE TO GET YOUR DOGS COSTUME READY!!!!
[b]Dogs For Life's 16th annual Howl-O-Ween dog costume "pawrade" is set for 2-5 p.m. Oct. 21, with the "pawrade" at 4 p.m. at the Dogs For Life Off-Leash Dog Park, 1230 16th Ave, Vero Beach.
More than 100 dogs will be dressed in all kinds of fun costumes and everyone will get a prize. This year’s raffle items will be better than ever. Hobo Jim will provide live entertainment, and the Indian River County Sheriff’s Office K-9 Unit will conduct a demonstration.
This event is free to the public. Bring your dog, lawn chairs and be prepared to have fun!
If you have any questions or would like additional information, call Shelly Ferger at Dogs For Life at 772-567-8969, or email office@dogsforlifevb.org.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:31 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,304,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
I have been there. I like my snichtzel better. The sauerbraten was very good. They didn't have any apfelstrudel left that day so I wasn't able to try that out.

I need to get back there. It wasn't bad. At least I remember it. LOL! If a place was not memorable, I tend to forget I ate there. If it was bad, I remember it. On that same note, if there was something good, I remember it.
Ricks diner on US 1 between Hillmoor and Lennard posted this today
The Jaeger Schnitzel Blueplate.
Thin pork cutlet pan-fried top with mushrooms and rich brown gravy. Served with a homemade potato pancake.
Get your German on....at Rick's Diner!

I've only eaten breakfast here but it's great

Old 10-14-2017, 01:19 AM

I will have to check it out. Thanks!!

Old 10-14-2017, 07:39 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,794,563 times
Just got back from Oktoberfest. Loved it! The food was amazing! Lots of beer flowing!! The music was ok, but I was a little disappointed with that. I guess they were trying to appeal to the auslanders. Oh well. We had some delicious Sauerbraten, schnitzel, and strudel. We brought home a couple of pretzels for the kids. I was also happy to see there were some German vendors there! Great night out.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
Just got back from Oktoberfest. Loved it! The food was amazing! Lots of beer flowing!! The music was ok, but I was a little disappointed with that. I guess they were trying to appeal to the auslanders. Oh well. We had some delicious Sauerbraten, schnitzel, and strudel. We brought home a couple of pretzels for the kids. I was also happy to see there were some German vendors there! Great night out.
*drool* You listed my favorite foods! Worth going down there then, huh?! Nice!!

*putting it on my list for next year*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach