Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2016, 07:03 PM

44 posts, read 60,081 times

Advertisements

Hello, Please help
My wife and I moved down from Missouri after selling our home there. We put a contract on a home in Port St Lucie " Lake Charles" We were working with guaranteed Rate Mortgage and the guy said our loan was locked in and everything was ready to go! 2 days before we need the loan commitment he calls and said they can't fund the loan! He said the problem is my wife is a traveling nurse and that they could only use her hourly pay not the pr dem amount that is also guaranteed and we even got a letter from HR stating how much she we make pre week.. But that wasn't good enough even tho that's what Guaranteed Rate wanted along with her pay stubs. Now we are living in a hotel with 2 small dogs and no home! We have good credit and good paying jobs! We don't wanna lose our dream home! I am now working with Wells Fargo " they hold our old mortgage for our Missouri home" Any one have any ideas that could help us? I waited 25 years to move down here build our credit save money and seems like our dream is becoming a nightmare! We need our dream home! Thank you for reading...:crying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 07:20 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,545 times
Wells Fargo will probably be able to help you. If not then get in touch with an independent mortgage broker who has many different banks so they can maybe fit your circumstance a little better.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:07 PM

74 posts, read 147,927 times
If your credit score is good try Trustco Bank in Stuart. I used to work there. Simple process and good rates

Old 05-20-2016, 07:41 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,951 times
Our friend got a mortgage with Seacoast Bank and had a very quick closing. Give them a call at the Gatlin branch in PSL.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:23 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,865,706 times
How about a Credit Union?

Old 05-24-2016, 06:15 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansocean View Post
Hello, Please help
My wife and I moved down from Missouri after selling our home there. We put a contract on a home in Port St Lucie " Lake Charles" We were working with guaranteed Rate Mortgage and the guy said our loan was locked in and everything was ready to go! 2 days before we need the loan commitment he calls and said they can't fund the loan! He said the problem is my wife is a traveling nurse and that they could only use her hourly pay not the pr dem amount that is also guaranteed and we even got a letter from HR stating how much she we make pre week.. But that wasn't good enough even tho that's what Guaranteed Rate wanted along with her pay stubs. Now we are living in a hotel with 2 small dogs and no home! We have good credit and good paying jobs! We don't wanna lose our dream home! I am now working with Wells Fargo " they hold our old mortgage for our Missouri home" Any one have any ideas that could help us? I waited 25 years to move down here build our credit save money and seems like our dream is becoming a nightmare! We need our dream home! Thank you for reading...:crying
Sounds similar to what happened to us many yrs ago with a mortgage broker in Miami. They shop around for lenders, and at the time ( this was in 1985), there was some stigma against mortgage loans in South Florida, due to what they said was "the highest rate of foreclosure and loan defaulting" in the country. They did their best to deny us a mortgage, came up with all kinds of new hoops with short deadlines for us to jump through, hoping we couldn't meet them and they could deny us a loan and blame it on our shortcomings. This despite our putting well over 50% down on the homes, good jobs and credit. We did meet all their requirements, even the ones they kept adding on, and we got a mortgage. Less than one month after closing, the bank sold our new mortgage, citing "unacceptable risks" of foreclosure due to the location of the loan. They had sold it to the lender that had held the mortgage for our townhouse, and we were happy about that.

It's not you, it's them. I am sure you will have no problems getting a mortgage with WF. Good luck.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:17 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
SENDING YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE.. this guy got a house closed amazingly fast even in the middle of a deal and the buyer changing lenders!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach