Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 03:55 AM

13 posts, read 16,440 times

Advertisements

Is Jensen Beach considered more of an affluent area than Port St Lucie? Higher property values? better investment value....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 03:57 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,794,563 times
Yes.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:52 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,067 times
Eh, Jensen is really hit or miss actually. Much like PSL. The parts that are affluent are near the water and some of their gated communities. Jensen is more White man land with a little bit of white trash thrown in and a lot of older folks. PSL is a bit more mixed with nice areas and fair to mediocre areas.

Palm City would be more affluent. As would Jupiter.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:22 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
MORE AFFLUENT? No, it's not. The majority of homes in jensen are much older because if you think about it, people build along the water FIRST when they come to an area and then further inland. Many homes have been owned for years and years. The only newer ones would have torn down an older house and built in its place or a rehab for a location close to the water.

The value of LAND there is higher because of the river = waterfront... even though not much is actually waterfront along a lot of Indian River Drive. Most is across the west side of the street looking at the water, not on it. Waterfront is not replaceable so no matter where you are it's going to be more expensive.

There is a main train that travels along that area as well and its on a constant schedule day and night... been there! lived it.

There are also plenty of low income areas if you actually took a real look, and trailer parks, and homeless.

The affluent area such as Sewells Point is NOT considered Jensen and there is a distinct difference when you cross over that line.

There are very few "gated communities" in Jensen. One is Jensen Beach CC...which is nice and near US#1.

I lived in Jensen so no, its not what I would consider an affluent area at all.

Affluent to me would be some gated communities in areas of Port St Lucie and some in Palm City, and areas in Jupiter as someone else just mentioned. There you DO have expensive gated communities and much higher prices. Affluent here would be Sewells Point homes ON the river and the surrounding neighbors. There is no mix of low end and high end homes.

guess it also depends on what "affluent" means to you... at what price point does "affluent" kick in?

Old 10-26-2016, 07:33 PM

8,067 posts, read 4,741,997 times
I live in downtown Stuart, so at best I have "aflu-like symptoms"...

Old 10-26-2016, 09:24 PM

234 posts, read 387,801 times
Since this discussion is about affluence I was curious as to whether the Northern Martin and Southern St Lucie county region is approaching or close to approaching a level of affluence that would draw in more of the higher end stores and amenities. For example, is the region close to seeing a Whole Foods locating here or seeing an upgrade to higher end stores in the Treasure Coast Mall.

I know Costco is trying to locate here which would seem to be some evidence of higher end retail wanting to locate in the region. I've also noticed most of the newer construction in Jensen Beach appears to be higher end homes like the homes being built at Langford Landing.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:10 AM

623 posts, read 965,226 times
[quote=DanielAvery;45960780]I live in downtown Stuart, so at best I have "aflu-like symptoms"... Being from Jupiter there's a lot of people with Affluenza

Old 10-27-2016, 09:07 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
Langford Landing is being built because they found a waterfront parcel that they could purchase and have a marina. Not because of it being in Jensen and certainly not because of what the surrounding properties are.

Same thing with what's being built along Jensen Beach Blvd. It's on the way to the beach.....and there aren't a lot of parcels of property that are available and they aren't large parcels.

Its good to see the new construction moving forward again in individual homes and communities. That gives a positive note to the economy.

Jensen is trying to remove some of the less desireable influences it's had there for many years by doing new roads (as seen through Rio) and promoting the area. The only way you will understand is to actually go there and see for yourself.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:41 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
The medium income is higher in Jensen Beach than PSL so it would be considered more affluent than PSL. It is also in Martin County a desired place to live.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:47 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
The medium income is higher in Jensen Beach than PSL so it would be considered more affluent than PSL. It is also in Martin County a desired place to live.
Per person is slightly higher and household is slightly lower for Jensen Beach. Not enough to make any bit of difference.

Consider that when you look at per capita income it includes adults and CHILDREN. Something lacking in Jensen and may explain the slight difference there while lacking on the household side.

They are pretty much tit for tat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach