Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 07:28 PM

44 posts, read 60,043 times

Advertisements

Hello looking to adopt a rag doll, or a long to medium haired
Kitten or very young cat. I lost my sweet girl of 15 years " Fuzz" so me and my wife
Are looking to adopt another fur baby. We don't have any kids and really miss having
A fur ball to cuddle with and follow me every place I go. I would like a female but would consider
A male too, possibly even litter mates. If anyone knows or has had kittens they are looking for forever
Homes please contact me! Willing to pay adoption fee's no problem but I want to adopt
Not shop. Not looking for breeders of kitten mills. To many in shelters need homes as is. I'm hoping to
Avoid a kitten from going to a shelter. However I'm looking at shelters too but no luck yet finding a
Long to medium haired kitten. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 02:03 PM

320 posts, read 393,188 times
why would u not want to adopt one from the pound?

Old 04-01-2017, 02:22 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,196,298 times
There are a number of cat rescue sites - I foster for one of them, Caring Fields Felines in Palm City. You can call Pauline, who runs it, at 772-463-7386 and ask her what she has.

There is also a KITTEN SHOWER coming up on April 30th where you can see LOTS of kittens in one place. Otherwise we foster the kittens at home so they can be loved and socialized. They are not left in a cage like some places.
Most shelters put their cats on petfinder. Kittens not necessarily, and it IS kitten season. We get purebred and mixed all the time. Try here: https://www.petfinder.com/pet-adoption/cat-adoption/

added....in breed .. check domestic long hair, or domestic medium hair

I had a time finding a long haired cat/kitten as well, but I did find one, with Caring Fields. Kittens that will have longer hair are harder to tell when they are babies. You have to know both parents and many times we don't. Have to look for the extra long strands of fur that seem to be sticking out all over. That's how I picked my girl Cheyenne. She is medium long hair which is what I wanted and I picked her up to foster/keep at 6 weeks old. This year she will be 5.

Just pick something to love. They will pick you....you won't even have to ask. It's amazing how they do that

Last edited by FlaLadyB; 04-01-2017 at 02:35 PM..

Old 04-01-2017, 02:54 PM

by the way .. there are two young pretty girls (sisters) in Sebastian on petsmart!

https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/36367847

and if you want to travel -https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/37514739

Last edited by FlaLadyB; 04-01-2017 at 03:16 PM..

Old 04-02-2017, 02:15 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,888,179 times
In other words you want the popular well adjusted ones, from somebody's house, that have no risk of being euthanized tomorrow like the ones at a shelter.

Adopt Cats - Humane Society of Vero Beach & Indian River County

Old 04-02-2017, 03:52 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,534,081 times
#1 ^^^

Old 04-02-2017, 05:28 PM

44 posts, read 60,043 times
I see most of you have not read my post all the way and what I was looking for. If you don't have any
Helpful advise don't respond. Thank you flaladyb for not being sarcastic and having some options. And for everyone information I did go to the Vero shelter and found a cat we wanted to adopt. I had called Friday and said I'd be up Sunday to look at their cats. The lady said no problem. So we drove a hour there only to find out they were not doing adoptions today!! Really!! That would have been nice to know before hand when I called... instead the staff was having some meeting or something. Why would they do that on weekends? And there wasn't one person that could have helped us? Seems strange to me that all these animals need to be adopted why would they turn someone way.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:10 PM

What about the 2 girls I posted...or that doll further south. I hunted for my longer haired furbaby forever it seemed.

Some of my other furkids - Bear who will be 18 this year, and Rascal my love who has passed-- I drove to Lauderdale and West Palm Beach for them... it was worth it

Old 04-04-2017, 06:12 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,534,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansocean View Post
I see most of you have not read my post all the way and what I was looking for. If you don't have any
Helpful advise don't respond. Thank you flaladyb for not being sarcastic and having some options. And for everyone information I did go to the Vero shelter and found a cat we wanted to adopt. I had called Friday and said I'd be up Sunday to look at their cats. The lady said no problem. So we drove a hour there only to find out they were not doing adoptions today!! Really!! That would have been nice to know before hand when I called... instead the staff was having some meeting or something. Why would they do that on weekends? And there wasn't one person that could have helped us? Seems strange to me that all these animals need to be adopted why would they turn someone way.

Did you go back and get the kitty ?

Old 04-04-2017, 06:12 AM

50 posts, read 53,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
I drove to Lauderdale and West Palm Beach for them... it was worth it
I Fully Agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach