Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 01:50 PM

23 posts, read 19,662 times

Advertisements

After considering moving from our House in PSL, to Tradition Lake park I came to the following conclusions,
after really liking a certain model in the complex we were ready to sign but now we probably wont.
the model is 100 percent upgrades by the time you get what you want its close to 60K more.
the maint which was ok at at 445.00 although a little high has another fee that is included in the taxes, which then in reality makes maint/hoa 565.00

We are now looking in Vizcaya falls total maint/hoa 243.00 plus bigger house more features and not much to upgrade, Any Thoughts on this area In Torino?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 02:28 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,141,314 times
beeeee careful as a lot of the homes from the prior builder did have Chinese Drywall in them. Also check the financials for the HOA. It has a new builder in there at the moment, but the current home areas were not well take care of.

Lots of other HOA's that are well run.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:11 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,324,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny0861 View Post
After considering moving from our House in PSL, to Tradition Lake park I came to the following conclusions,
after really liking a certain model in the complex we were ready to sign but now we probably wont.
the model is 100 percent upgrades by the time you get what you want its close to 60K more.
the maint which was ok at at 445.00 although a little high has another fee that is included in the taxes, which then in reality makes maint/hoa 565.00

We are now looking in Vizcaya falls total maint/hoa 243.00 plus bigger house more features and not much to upgrade, Any Thoughts on this area In Torino?
Watch for drywall issues in that area. Lots of stuff got built during that time.

Torino is ok. You will get the smell from the dump and the Tropicana plant which is kind of nasty but it won't be an all the time thing.

I like it better than being out East but not as much as other areas like the communities on SLW Blvd. That little bit south makes a big difference IMO.

We lived in Windy Pines for a few years and got out before KB ruined it. We are very familiar with that area.

We prefer to be on or south of SLW BLVD. Plenty of well run communities with low HOA's and excellent amenities there.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:29 PM

We are looking at the brand new houses, I went there today there was no one in the clubhouse but it looked in good shape, We also live in St Lucie West Area in a big house, that's not to old, but we want a community that is gated and has activities, We looked at PGA, And other existing areas also but we have 4 dogs 0ne a shepard and thats a no no in lake charles. I really liked the Tradition gated community, I wish they just didn't nickle and dime you on the buildout, The other problem I see is the school district, I think its wrong that kids who live in PSL have to go to fort pierce, The HS where i live now is St Lucie west HS, Not that we have kids anymore, But the sale value goes down if the HS is bad. Lots of decisions..

Old 02-22-2018, 05:26 PM

One more thing Is it normal for the company (Minto) to insist on 10 percent down from the start to write the contract (thats over 29K)? the other builders ask for around 5K to start the process.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:08 PM

8 posts, read 17,545 times
What year did they stop using the Chinese drywall?

Old 02-27-2018, 12:29 PM

16 posts, read 28,644 times
Oh boy. I live in Torino, so I can tell you about this area. I am not a realtor, so I wont try to sell you on it. I can tell you the truth.

I can totally understand not wanting all of those fees in Tradition, but I wouldn't jump so quickly to Vizcaya Falls. Try shopping around a little more before you do.

First, the good:
-This area has good access to I-95. This means you are a hop and skip away from Crosstown Parkway, Tradition and Palm Beach Gardens, in other words, civilization.
-We are close to Saint Lucie West Blvd, which is well kept and has great shopping.
-We are close to Midway Road, which is a disaster right now, but soon will be completed. I don't know if our section will be spruced up, but regardless, it's a straight shot to US1. You won't be able to access the beaches straight from it, but you can take Indian River Road, take a scenic drive and access the beach through Ft. Pierce or Jensen.
-They are building Torino Lakes "Luxury" Lease Apartments in the area. At least it balances the two low income apartments around here and maybe, just maybe it might improve the area a little with higher rents. Supposedly this area will also have some retail units, but I have no idea what they will be. Hopefully not a Circle K, but given the income level of the area, we can't say for sure.
-Maybe, just maybe, in the far future, when we are all practically dead, they might make an entry to the Turnpike at Midway Road. That would be a benefit.
-The nice area around Saint Lucie West Blvd seems to be expanding into our area. There could be a possibility that sooner or later we will see some fixing up of the place as the commercial lots are developed.
-As far as Vizcaya Falls itself goes, it's a beacon of light in an otherwise desolate landscape. It's very well maintained, at least right now that the builder is still in there. Buy new because most of the older homes have chinese drywall and some are gutted inside.

Now, the bad:
-The neighborhoods out here look a mess. I suppose most of the houses have been rented out.
-There is no lighting or sidewalks, so you are basically stuck inside of Vizcaya Falls, which does have these amenities. But, being in there doesn't erase what's out here unless you plan on being a prisoner inside of your gated community.
-There is no landscaping. It's an ugly wilderness. Again, you will only see a nice neighborhood inside of your gated community. The outside is pretty much nature's war zone.
-Please don't bring kids here. This is no place for kids. I am hoping you are not bringing them, but if you do, please drive them to school. Having them leave the community to come out here and wait for the bus is pretty much criminal. It's dark because there's no lighting. They can easily get run down by a car because there's no sidewalks. They have to walk on tall grass which can have snakes. The mosquitos will eat them alive during spring, summer and fall. There is so much unkempt wilderness that they might arrive home with a racoon attached to their neck and otters on their ankles. There are no parks or facilities for them to use so don't allow them to leave the gated community.
-The roads are terrible. Torino Parkway is full of potholes in the summer when it starts raining. They fill them up and they come right back.
-There is going to be a sober house near Vizcaya Falls. Not surprising because this area doesn't really merit anything else. It was expected and even though it doesn't bother me, it has bothered a lot of others out here, so keep that in mind.
-There are two low income apartments within a few blocks from each other and Vizcaya Falls is right smack in the middle.

Good luck is about all I can say to you.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:57 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,141,314 times
so nice of you to imply that I LIE??? really? After I TOLD him about the chinese drywall and such? How about I just call you a liar instead....or just someone who is unhappy with what her husband picked out.

I don't LIE.... I tell what IS there since I live in St Lucie West myself and have numerous friends who live in the Torino area and love it ..and own.

There is only restricted income rental complex in Torino and that is Peacock Run and Rabbit Run. It looks well cared for when you pass by and is not an eyesore. The other rental area on the other side are just rentals in general with a garage and a small area.

Vizcaya Falls is a beacon of light? Maybe you're confusing that with the glow of headlights coming from the cars that pass by the houses that back up to the turnpike.

Lenny...Chinese drywall comes up in some homes built around 2005 and 2006....but I always look at any house for it if it was built around that time just in case. There are Chinese drywall homes in Vizcaya Falls built then.

No, most of the houses in Torino have not been rented out since they are newer and the rental prices are usually pretty high.

There's not going to be sidewalks and streetlights ANYWHERE if there isn't a developer / HOA that is going to pay for it.

Landscaping?? You want landscaping too? TORINO IS NOT A DEVELOPMENT - ITS INDIVIDUAL LOTS where people decide what landscaping they want or don't want -- just like any other area of ANY city. Landscaping has to be taken care of.....and no, the city is not going to do that JUST FOR YOU!

And kids....well gee.... every kid all over that doesn't live in a COMMUNITY and goes to school has to wait in the dark, with no sidewalks, at whatever time the SCHOOL decides the bus is going to pick them up. Of course YOU could pay for FPL to put up a light post if you want to!

Oh.. and the Sober house.....its already BUILT....not that you keep up with everything, and its NOT next to Vizcaya Falls. The people in Torino voted against it to the city..did you even know about that? and lost.

Facilities??? Again...what do you expect the CITY to build for you. You have facilities IN Vizcaya Falls....just for you. There are parks all over that you CAN use but I guess they aren't within walking distance ..oops..no sidewalks....for you.

by the way.....didn't you buy in there sight unseen and never checked out the area first? And now you aren't happy, for whatever reason. Basically because....no sidewalks, no streetlights, no landscaping, no amenities, no parks across the street, ....anything else on your Want but didnt get outside of a community list?

Old 02-28-2018, 03:09 PM

16 posts, read 28,644 times
First of all, I don’t know what your talking about because I never even read your replies to the original poster, so basically I don’t even know who you are. I only read the first post by the OP and nothing else. How you took my reply as something directed to you is unknown. Either your extremely diaturbed or are so self centered that you think every comment made is directed to you personally.

I gave the OP my opinion of the area they want to live in, as they asked. I live here so I did just that. I gave the good and the bad. What they choose to do with that information is on them and what they consider of importance in it, is also up to them. A lot of the things I described may not be of importance to them but I told them anyways so they know. What I told them is the reality. I can show it to them so they can see it with their own eyes if they wish. I already live here, so I have no reason to make it sound better or worse than it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
so nice of you to imply that I LIE??? really? After I TOLD him about the chinese drywall and such? How about I just call you a liar instead....or just someone who is unhappy with what her husband picked out.

I don't LIE.... I tell what IS there since I live in St Lucie West myself and have numerous friends who live in the Torino area and love it ..and own.

There is only restricted income rental complex in Torino and that is Peacock Run and Rabbit Run. It looks well cared for when you pass by and is not an eyesore. The other rental area on the other side are just rentals in general with a garage and a small area.

Vizcaya Falls is a beacon of light? Maybe you're confusing that with the glow of headlights coming from the cars that pass by the houses that back up to the turnpike.

Lenny...Chinese drywall comes up in some homes built around 2005 and 2006....but I always look at any house for it if it was built around that time just in case. There are Chinese drywall homes in Vizcaya Falls built then.

No, most of the houses in Torino have not been rented out since they are newer and the rental prices are usually pretty high.

There's not going to be sidewalks and streetlights ANYWHERE if there isn't a developer / HOA that is going to pay for it.

Landscaping?? You want landscaping too? TORINO IS NOT A DEVELOPMENT - ITS INDIVIDUAL LOTS where people decide what landscaping they want or don't want -- just like any other area of ANY city. Landscaping has to be taken care of.....and no, the city is not going to do that JUST FOR YOU!

And kids....well gee.... every kid all over that doesn't live in a COMMUNITY and goes to school has to wait in the dark, with no sidewalks, at whatever time the SCHOOL decides the bus is going to pick them up. Of course YOU could pay for FPL to put up a light post if you want to!

Oh.. and the Sober house.....its already BUILT....not that you keep up with everything, and its NOT next to Vizcaya Falls. The people in Torino voted against it to the city..did you even know about that? and lost.

Facilities??? Again...what do you expect the CITY to build for you. You have facilities IN Vizcaya Falls....just for you. There are parks all over that you CAN use but I guess they aren't within walking distance ..oops..no sidewalks....for you.

by the way.....didn't you buy in there sight unseen and never checked out the area first? And now you aren't happy, for whatever reason. Basically because....no sidewalks, no streetlights, no landscaping, no amenities, no parks across the street, ....anything else on your Want but didnt get outside of a community list?

Old 02-28-2018, 06:53 PM

623 posts, read 958,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny0861 View Post
One more thing Is it normal for the company (Minto) to insist on 10 percent down from the start to write the contract (thats over 29K)? the other builders ask for around 5K to start the process.
You have to make your best deal for yourself at that point. All they can say is no and most times it's not up to your salesperson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach