Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 05:31 AM

8 posts, read 7,497 times

Advertisements

Good Morning, Looking for Tradition community, 55+ or family community that allows three small dogs. (3.5 lbs with no teeth, 6 lbs with no teeth and 11 lbs with teeth. ) I used to foster dogs and am a foster failure. Looking for something in the lower $200's thank you for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 08:25 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,141,314 times
Most of the HOA's in Tradition have a 2 pet limit. The Lakes does not, or at least didn't, but I will check again for you. No to Heritage Oaks.

Your 3 are allowed in:
Victoria Park, The Lakes, Bedford Park, Vitalia (55+), the new Del Webb community (55+)

Last edited by FlaLadyB; 04-16-2018 at 09:17 AM..

Old 04-16-2018, 03:42 PM

Thank you so very much!! I have since found out that Newport Isles has a 3 pet limit so that is a possibility. Do you know anything about St. James CC? They seem to have reasonable prices and HOA It's a bit far from where I'd like to be, but the reviews have been pretty good. I appreciate all your help!

Old 04-16-2018, 04:08 PM

I just sold a house in St James and I have to say it has one of the lowest HOA fees anywhere. Only $180/mo and includes lawn, basic cable, Internet, Clubhouse etc. A golf course surrounds it but you don't pay for it. The clients I have there have bought and sold 5 homes with me and even considered buying a smaller home still in St James.

Most HOA fees are $300/mo or more.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Most of the HOA's in Tradition have a 2 pet limit. The Lakes does not, or at least didn't, but I will check again for you. No to Heritage Oaks.

Your 3 are allowed in:
Victoria Park, The Lakes, Bedford Park, Vitalia (55+), the new Del Webb community (55+)
One more question, please. what about Lakes at St Lucie West? thank you!

Old 04-16-2018, 08:42 PM

the lakes at St Lucie West is a much older and smaller community. If the house has not been updated you will need to do some work.

You do have various other communities in St Lucie West to choose from..

Old 04-17-2018, 06:15 AM

Good morning FL Lady. You have a wealth of information. Thank you for sharing with us. My main concern in selecting a community is whether I can have my 3 dogs. Then I will consider individual communities, then individual homes. I don’t want to fall in love with a community and then find I am inelligible to live there.

First choice is Tradition area, second is St Lucie West. Want CBS construction and fairly low HOA fees. I did read another thread where you indicated that Tradition areas have up to three different HOA fees. Does that mean the listings I see on Zillow etc do not show the entire HOA fees?

Again, thank you!

Last edited by Yac; 12-11-2020 at 02:53 AM..

Old 04-17-2018, 06:22 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,290,822 times
When searching for homes I've found that HOA fees on Zillow will often be inaccurate as are some of the real estate listings . Want the accurate HOA fees , call the associations and ask that way you can get the most current information. I've also read many real estate listings saying certian communites have club houses, tennis courts and various things included when they don't .

Old 04-17-2018, 08:22 AM

I agree and just use them as a guide. No sense wasting my real estate agent's time if the property is not a fit. I always go to the HOA website and try to view the documents/rules/regulations that are posted.

I lived in one community that squelched several resales to prospective buyers because their dogs were over 35 lbs. It turns out that the documents they were going by were not the most up to date ones and not the ones posted with the county. Turns out that the original documents had several amendments added by the builder before the HOA took over. For all those years, they were not using the correct documents. They were lucky they weren't sued.

Anyway, I digress. I appreciate your input and taking the time to answer me.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:52 AM

the ones I mentioned in Tradition will allow your pets - I did check again since HOA rules can and do change.

As for fees that you see online -- I don't trust those at all. Many of them just guess and even if you ask the owner most of the time they don't know either. I always call and ask the HOA when I list a house.

CBS is not a problem. I don't suggest frame homes either.

as far as fees in Tradition, there are 2 Associations you pay to. One is the Master Assoc. that covers all of Tradition and then the individual HOA in the community you live in. Town Park has 3 only because of the multiple individual communities within it. If you are looking in the low 2's you wont be in Town Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach