Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 01:17 AM

320 posts, read 393,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
As the self appointed Chamber of Commerce for Vero Beach.
Translation = I have no life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 07:12 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,337,447 times
And he's back...

Old 02-18-2018, 09:43 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k00p View Post
no it doesn't.. Vero beach is 82% white people.. mainly old retired white people

black population - 4.6%
Are you ESL? I may be more inclined to excuse the repeated factual errors. I find it helpful to proofread before hitting "reply" and "send". Especially to my posts.

Research help; US Census: (the only REAL source)

It's 76%. Black 9.3%

My EXACT QUOTE you quoted, truncated and misread is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Yes, plenty. less than an urban area, obviously, but vero beach has a very Historic African-American community and other ethnicities. It is also the county seat with resources that attracts people. Caribbean people are coming here too because we have a substantial medical field

And by plenty, I mean “common”,not mathematically.

As proven time after time, you don't live here - not even in our county, know NOTHING about Indian River County or Vero Beach - it's county seat. Remember when you drove up one street in Vero a coupla months ago for the first time ever? Good times.

Besides the reading error...and the fact that I've posted EXTENSIVELY about our AA community...

Also SAD (!)... you seem to not have read my pages and pages of explanations here, about our county, the CDPs, towns, villages and unincorporated areas all encompassing the place called "Vero Beach" with the postal address also addressed as "Vero Beach".

Even the CENSUS data defaults to County, not "City of Vero Beach".

Even our hospital is not in the CITY of Vero Beach. Pop 15,000. It's a few "blocks" North in the Gifford CDP.

Pioneer African-Americans of Indian River County, Florida:

http://www.irclibrary.org/genealogy/...ericansirc.pdf

Florida Slave Narratives, George Pretty, Gifford 1893

History of Gifford Youth Achievement Center

A Taste of Black History Music & Food Festival by Gifford Community Cultural & Resource Center February 24, 2018

Sounds of strings fill air at Gifford Community Center

Dedication Ceremony for Gifford Historical Museum

As much as you inaccurately reply to my posts, it's tediously entertaining, if nothing else.

Of course, it's just not you. The ORIGINAL poster states she wants a family friendly"small town" and "We are pretty low key and enjoy the outdoors (kayaking, biking), restaurants and the occasional movie." ....then one poster says about BARS and NIGHTLIFE and another recommends TAMPA and ORLANDO, while complaining about "Vero Beach traffic".

LOL internet.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 02-18-2018 at 09:51 AM..

Old 02-18-2018, 09:45 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k00p View Post
Translation = I have no life.
Says a factually incorrect dude on the internet at 3 AM.

You're funny!

Old 02-19-2018, 06:27 AM

I'm not factually incorrect.. city data is..
//www.city-data.com/city/Vero-Beach-Florida.html

Old 02-19-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by km8907 View Post
She's crazy than.
with scissors

Old 02-19-2018, 06:39 AM

I just drove home from Savannah GA the other day ( what a dumpy area ). We had to take US1 back home because they closed down I95 S because of a fatality on the road ( a cop died I think ) around Titusville so we drove through all the towns via that highway along the coast line... From Melbourne down looks pretty nice... Sebastian looked especially nice because of all the little islands it has in that part of the Lagoon up there.. I wish we had those down here and very quaint.. Buildings looked nicely kept too.. but its such a small town..

Old 02-19-2018, 06:53 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,337,447 times
Savannah dumpy?!???

Wow, you really are something...

I love the squares and the trees dripping with Spanish moss. Sure there are some questionable areas but most of it is old history.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
Savannah dumpy?!???
Yes it look like a total dump.... Driving into Savannah looked like a Ghetto... All run down looking buildings everywhere.. unfinished construction everywhere.. it looked like an urban wasteland.. and outside of Savannah looked even worse.. ( Pooler, Port went worth )... all you saw were tractor trailers all over the roads and shoddy looking industrial buildings everywhere... its an over industrialized dump. we couldn't leave fast enough.

The treasure coast looks 1 billion times nicer.. no comparison..

Last edited by k00p; 02-20-2018 at 03:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach