Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2008, 08:57 PM

4 posts, read 16,651 times

Advertisements

I'm in NJ and very much want to move to this area. Im concerned about jobs, however. I have an MBA and would liek to use it appropriately. I've serached, but have found no professional jobs in St Lucie area, and only a few in West Palm. Should someone with my job aspirations give up on this area?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 09:03 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,030,190 times
Jobs are difficult to find right now, because there is a lot of competition. What kind of job where you looking for? Have you tried contacting a headhunter?

Old 03-13-2008, 09:18 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,750,994 times
What is a headhunter?

Old 03-17-2008, 05:37 PM

4 posts, read 16,651 times
I am looking for marketing or project management positions. I've also had no luck finding a reputable headhunter. If anyone knows of one, please tell me.
thanks

Old 03-17-2008, 05:42 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,156,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
What is a headhunter?
Is a job boards/recruiter directory to assist both employers and job seekers.
Headhunters.com: Post Jobs, Find Jobs, Find Recruiters, Join Recruiters

Old 02-27-2010, 07:12 PM

2 posts, read 10,759 times
I would recommend the Weston, Ft Lauderdale areas!

Old 03-02-2010, 06:33 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,196,298 times
Headhunters are people who find jobs for professionals in certain areas. They usually have a client book that they present you to.. for a fee. Sometimes the fee is to the person looking, sometimes to the company.

To the poster - the majority of PSL is not a tall building business area and many people here commute to Palm Beach Gardens and West Palm Beach for their jobs but prefer to live here.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:08 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,976 times
MBA holders are not what local employers are looking to hire. An MS is more desirable but tougher to achieve because of the Science courses.......You could try to look for a headhunter and I would do the same if I were in NJ looking to reside in PSL.....

I applied through Robert Half agency using my PhD and no luck. I was already with the Govt. so I searched through several govt. sites and discovered what was good for me.......An MBA in govt. is usually enough for you to go to the moon but you first need to get in and that is where only you can do the search using the Web. Education can substitue for experience...

Using USA Jobs can help you but if you find a postion and your application is so very important. Answer questions using the STAR format or Situation, Task, Action and Results for each question. Good luck...

Old 03-03-2010, 09:28 PM

5,651 posts, read 6,208,289 times
PSL and the Treasure Coast generally is not a great place to look for a job that will utilize your MBA. There are decent sized companies, but not many public ones and the larger private companies on't have much turnover at the level you are looking at because there aren't many opportunities elsewhere in the area. I moved to the Treasure Coast to work as an inhouse attorney for one of the few public companies headquartered in PSL I was not targeting PSL that was just where the job happened to be. When I decided I needed to move on I ended up having to leave the area because there were so few companies needing inhouse attorneys in the area. I suspect that those looking for MBAs are similar.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:32 AM

8 posts, read 18,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
PSL and the Treasure Coast generally is not a great place to look for a job that will utilize your MBA. There are decent sized companies, but not many public ones and the larger private companies on't have much turnover at the level you are looking at because there aren't many opportunities elsewhere in the area. I moved to the Treasure Coast to work as an inhouse attorney for one of the few public companies headquartered in PSL I was not targeting PSL that was just where the job happened to be. When I decided I needed to move on I ended up having to leave the area because there were so few companies needing inhouse attorneys in the area. I suspect that those looking for MBAs are similar.

Good info and I can tell from my experience unless you have a direct assist to a position, MBA does not mean anything in this town in terms of opportunity.

If you dont mind the commute, WPB seems more feasible in terms of careers. Good luck with your search !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach