Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2017, 09:14 AM

135 posts, read 190,425 times

Advertisements

Repairman/company. Any suggestion you can leave here or inbox me. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 10:40 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
I swear by ComfortZONE but I don't know where you are in relation to them.

AC repair | Comfort Zone | Vero Beach | HVAC

They were the best when I needed to replace my HVAC and didn't try to scam me with add on crap. ARS Rescue Rooter tried that with me. They also are super professional insisting on their guys wearing booties in people's homes (LOL) and bringing their own water.

I use their maintenance plan because here the condensate line can get funky and your safety valve can go off alot in summer and I want my new AC to at least last me ten years.

They come right away and are really nice. AND don't lie about stuff, either. I'd say at least 10 other people I know in my HOA agree...which is how I found out about them.

Barker is pretty popular, too.

Ironically I just noticed TODAY that a client replaced her AC with Tropic Air & Heat and her family are long term Vero Beach residents and the men are all into men stuff like roofing, quads, and hunting LOL. So they've got to be good. I met them when they came out and jury rigged her old one up during the summer until she got this new system installed. They were nice and seemed sincere instead of blowing her off with no options to repair it. But I think the guys were her husband's friends, too.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 09-21-2017 at 10:48 AM..

Old 09-21-2017, 11:32 AM

135 posts, read 190,425 times
Thank you. I will defintely give them a call.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:20 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
YW! The salesperson (and tech) I saw was Darriel. A really nice guy.

I bought the International Comfort Products (off brand) with a UV light. Maybe the Tempstar line, I forget and the receipt is in my other location.

Somewhere close to $4000 I want to say. My condo is 1250 sq ft. They replaced every single thing from bottom to top venting and copper wire, too. The UV light required some kind of kill switch like a circuit on the wall, too.

Never had a minute's problem yet since 2013. In fact I think we all have the same one here!

Like every other brand, when you google reviews they have half who love it and half who hate it LOL.

I will say, the old one was NEVER cleaned or serviced in the many years it was operational here (when the place was empty and I was living in Jax)...because I never even thought of it after I bought the condo and had to go work out of town. This one I think because of the new govt regulations does need the safety valve condensate line thing at least "inspected" or cleaned out by the owner once a year or you may get some lingering water in the catch thing where the safety valve is. It's right on the label on the unit, too. It says don't forget to "clean" (wipe down) your safety valve from sediment every 180 days.

It takes about 10 seconds to do if you remember LOL But just to be safe I have ComfortZone come blow out the line and stuff once a year. IF I remember!

Old 10-19-2017, 05:48 PM

44 posts, read 81,503 times
Tell you this, just 1 day before Hurricane Irma hit us my A/C quit and we were going to have elderly neighbors stay with us. I called several A/C businesses in Port St Lucie (including the one I was a customer with) and all said they were closed until after the storm and had no emergency techs that could come out. Only one, Alligator Air who is an independent in town, was willing to come out pronto. Chris is a big guy who went right to the hot attic and had my unit running in 15 minutes. Charged me peanuts for coming out so I gave him a nice tip. This is the king of guy who cares about people more than he cares about the bottom line. That's old school and I like that. By the way, after the storm passed those other companies actually had the nerve to call me back to say they were available for service. No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach