Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 02:54 PM

16 posts, read 28,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dross99_si View Post
They will build some communities with sidewalks, streetlights, wider streets and underground utilities that are not HOA. Some people like to live in neighborhoods that have those amenities, but not be subject to HOA rules & regulations. We have plenty of land around here to space things out a bit. A little larger homes would be nice too. Not everyone around here is 90 and needs to live in a 2BR 1400sqft home.
Think tract homes out west..
Houses in the current communities are crammed in so tight and the neighborhood roads so narrow you barely have enough room for cars to pass each other on the streets.
Property taxes here aren't cheap and should be more than enough to pay for stuff like that.
Builders take note!
Thoughts?
I agree, but I don't see it happening. I remember back in the day, you can buy a preconstruction home in a very nice, manicured neighborhood with lighting, sidewalks, etc. There were never any HOA’s, but you won’t find anything like that anymore. Times have changed and builders just want to build cookie cutter houses in neighborhoods without any amenities whatsoever. For you to get anything nice, you have to pay HOA and CDD fees. There’s no way around it and I doubt that’s the case only here in PSL. This is happening everywhere. Since I moved here, I have house hunted in a bunch of different places and it’s all similar. You don't get much bang for your buck anymore.

You would have to find an older neighborhood that was built with lights and sidewalks, but that is hard pressed here in PSL. The city seems to be building sidewalks, etc in some neighborhoods, but it’s going to take forever for them to do it all. The taxes are high, but for some reason they are never used for making sidewalks, etc. They do like making a lot of water retention ponds though. Those are everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 03:23 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,199,806 times
Actually, the City IS putting sidewalks down right now and has been doing it for a while.

Here ya go.... the sidewalk Master Plan :

Sidewalk Master Plan | Port St. Lucie

oh, in reference to "back in the day"....things change, prices of land and building change. You can't compare "back in the day" to now. A house cost $15,000 "back in the day".....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach