Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 09:12 AM

134 posts, read 188,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
quote from johntd06 It's also has one of the highest hiv/aids rates in the state... psl sucks haha lol - quote

actually no it doesn't. Ft Pierce might, but not Port St Lucie.

Ft Pierce is part of St Lucie County so when they are reporting county statistics we get grouped in with them, even though we are seperate.
PSL is terrible unless you're into junk food, no cultural activities, no fortune 500 companies so most jobs pay $10 per hour, no decent shopping, etc. I know you sell real estate so naturally you're going to be biased, but as someone who lived there with no agenda, I have to say it was terrible. It's one thing to pay $80K for a house because that's all you can afford. But, if you pay $300K plus for a house and all you get is that town, it's a very bad deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 04:11 PM

266 posts, read 298,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangolufsen View Post
PSL is terrible unless you're into junk food, no cultural activities, no fortune 500 companies so most jobs pay $10 per hour, no decent shopping, etc. I know you sell real estate so naturally you're going to be biased, but as someone who lived there with no agenda, I have to say it was terrible. It's one thing to pay $80K for a house because that's all you can afford. But, if you pay $300K plus for a house and all you get is that town, it's a very bad deal.
Agreed 100%. I am from Stuart and was back there two weeks ago. I can say it is pretty and clean, but that is all. Here in Upstate SC the boom is on, lots of major companies and if you don't have a decent paying job, it is because you don't want one.

Old 04-29-2018, 11:07 PM

103 posts, read 71,124 times
Quote:
I agree 100% they also lack worth ethic atleast the ones ive worked with.

Old 04-30-2018, 05:08 AM

320 posts, read 389,782 times
Quote:
I moved to PSL from way up north... a small land locked suburban/industrial town ..

PSL is tropical / sub tropical paradise in comparison.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:46 AM

23 posts, read 19,662 times
PSL is what you make of it, I really like it, coming to florida in 1977, As a HS Senior we lived in Coral Springs which was Beautiful till it got ruined by Section 8 and the influx of alot of the lower incomes moving from Miami as is the same for most cities in Broward now.. Unfortunately that is what you get when you have a nice Place, It also happened in The Bronx, Where I lived until I was 16, Now you cant walk down any street safely there, Eventually it will happen here, And if we are still alive and healthy we will move again more North, To another New city, But for Now PSl s very nice.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:40 PM

62 posts, read 134,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
and again CarolinaHopefuls - (who is looking to move to St Johns) just about anyplace has sex offenders someplace. That seems to be at the top of your list where you are looking to move. All you have to do is check the police departments map and look at it or put in a specific address. You can see information on each one including when and what for.
PSL’s rate is a lot higher. Fact. Not an opinion

Old 05-02-2018, 10:09 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,144,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaHopefuls View Post
PSL’s rate is a lot higher. Fact. Not an opinion
I was nice and gave you a way to find information about any place you want.. including where you are wanting to move to.

PSL doesn't have any more than any other place would. It's up to them...not you. If you check out a neighborhood where a house is you want and you don't like the neighbor.. then don't move there. It's really a simple choice.

Im sure, as you have already found in the area you are looking to move, that they are everywhere. Even in an HOA. Kinda depends on what they were labeled for and when for them to be allowed in an HOA.

Also the statistics include Ft Pierce......not just Port St Lucie, and that a totally different area

Old 05-04-2018, 03:11 AM

320 posts, read 389,782 times
who cares about sex offenders

Old 05-04-2018, 06:55 PM

472 posts, read 660,536 times
PSL seems to have some good thing happening. The Crosstown bridge, new Civic Center. The most important thing is to have a real downtown. Looking forward to.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:30 PM

472 posts, read 660,536 times
Quote:
You are correct. When I lived there, there was nothing to do except watch TV inside because of the sweltering heat 9 months of the year. No culture, no good dining, and no good shopping. I laugh when I see some of the ridiculous asking prices for houses in PGA village now. Waiting for the next housing crash which is coming with the next recession. I would never live there again.
IMHO PSL has 4 months of heat and 8 months of good weather. And the 4 months is not that unbearable. What bothers me more is the bugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach