U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 05:26 PM

11,115 posts, read 18,192,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnucch View Post
One bit of advice before you move here come and stay here and see if you like it, it is very quiet & laid-back and not very convenient to airports or great medical care at this point. Hopefully when Cleven clinic takes over it will get better !
Cleveland Clinic ? what is the time frame for them setting up a hospital there ? Quiet and laid back ? I've heard a few negatives about higher crime in Vero. ???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 06:38 AM

40 posts, read 36,344 times
I am actually quite familiar with Vero, but not very knowledgeable about the housing options. We had a condo on the barrier island for years which we have since sold. I have been visiting Vero every year for close to 40 years. So I do know about its "laid back" style and how far those long airport trips are. I enjoy the quiet atmosphere in Vero and am really looking for some ideas on purchasing a home in the Vero area. I see there are many new developments going on at this time, as well as some older subdivisions. I am looking for single family home, out of a flood zone, preferably town water/sewer, in a nice quiet area, in the $300,000 - $350,000 range.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:36 AM

623 posts, read 874,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Cleveland Clinic ? what is the time frame for them setting up a hospital there ? Quiet and laid back ? I've heard a few negatives about higher crime in Vero. ???
What crime are you talking about? I live in the area and don't really see/hear of any crime

Old 10-28-2018, 10:58 AM

^^^ Some friends who live in Stuart think Vero has a lot of crime in some areas; and the crime map indicated darker red areas approaching the coast (which I thought was odd too). They think Sebastian or Stuart is better. ?

Old 10-28-2018, 11:25 AM
JRR

6,879 posts, read 4,307,445 times
Quote:
^^^ Some friends who live in Stuart think Vero has a lot of crime in some areas; and the crime map indicated darker red areas approaching the coast (which I thought was odd too). They think Sebastian or Stuart is better. ?
Maybe they are talking about the Gifford area and some places around Old Dixie?

Old 10-28-2018, 11:31 AM

47 posts, read 62,003 times
Stuart is much better...

Old 10-30-2018, 10:57 AM

17,681 posts, read 6,805,979 times
We had a much higher spend cap than you have, so we were looking mostly in 32963 (barrier island), and along Indian River Blvd...until we learned about the 32 trains a day passing by w/in 1 mile from most homes along that corridor. We nixed Indan River Blvd totally due to All Aboad Florida Brite Line...whatever you want to call it. I would suggest stayng at least 1+ miles, preferable 2 miles from those RR tracks. Be able to access a grocery store w/o having to cross any tracks.

Then, we learned that the City Council of Vero Beach was ripping off electric customers in Indian River Shores area, so we nixed that area off the list. Now, FPL bought that area out from the City of Vero Electric, but there are still Millions $'s of legal fees that will be paid by those folks, and system upgrades, so no thanks.

Thus, we pushed further North beyond the Indian River Shores line, but still on the Island. Why not South? We wanted to distance ourselves from the Nuclear power plant on Hutchinson Island, and the crime associated with Ft. Pierce and a pocket of crime in Northern Vero mainland. North looked nicer too. We landed on Marbrisa. There are villa's in Marbrisa, near the front of the neighborhood, but it would have to be distressed to get one for $350k. You might find something up that way for $350k, but likely another condo.

For $350k, if you want a single family dwelling, you'll need to push Westward onto the mainland, just West of the retail areas, and just North or South of 60. I'd try to stay as close to 60 as possible, and not too far West of 58th Ave. From that point you'll need to decide HOA w/ amentities, gated, or not. I'd try to find a HOA w/ just a guard gate and nothing else to keep monthly burn low, but not have to look at boats, campers, multiple cars parked in front of homes and unkept properties.

We loved Vero, but Sarasota beat it out in the end. Marbrisa was aging and we didn't want the refurb costs. We wound up with brand new home a bit further from beach in Southern Sarasota County for $200k less, so we had to pass on Marbrisa. We may stay here for 7-8 years, and try Northern 32963 again. LOVE 32963, and mainland area just over the bridge for shopping and dining.

1 Realtor we dealt with was far superior to all the rest, but I don't think we are able to name names here. PM me and I'll share. If we said her name, you'd know it. Not sure if she works at the $350k level though.

I hope our thought processes help you in your search even though our price points are different.

Old 11-02-2018, 05:50 PM

If you are familiar with this zip code in Vero, can you provide an opinion of the general area pls ? and/or suggest other areas in the $140K condo price range. Safe, quiet etc. Thx.

Vero Beach, FL 32962

Old 11-03-2018, 04:43 AM

17,681 posts, read 6,805,979 times
Quote:
If you are familiar with this zip code in Vero, can you provide an opinion of the general area pls ? and/or suggest other areas in the $140K condo price range. Safe, quiet etc. Thx.

Vero Beach, FL 32962
I heard Oslo Road will become an exit off of I-95 in the near future. I suggest trying to confirm this before buying in this zip code. That area will become a high traffic area as the years progress if an exit is put in.

Also, I prefer areas further North in Vero, or at your price price point even into Southern Sebastian.

There's a small pocket of crime in this zip code off Dixie Hwy, there's a mobil home park and an aging condo complex surrounding a golf course you see right off of us1. I dont care for this area. Look further North.

Use Realtor.com, Truila.com, or Zillow.com to search for condo's in your price range. Check into the elementary school each feeds as that is important for re-sale. The best Elementary school is the one out on the barrier island. I'm not sure if any mainland students are fed into that school. You can likely find that schools footprint on the school districts web site.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:41 AM

40 posts, read 36,344 times
I am not sure what your situation is. If you are 55 or older, I know where you can get a small one bedroom one bath on the ocean side, barrier island in that price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach