Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 04:22 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times

Advertisements

My turn to *****!
Since it's the season to be buying things let me tell you my story....

November 16, 2018 - Lowes on St Lucie West Blvd, Port St Lucie,FL

I bought a new refrigerator to replace the one I have that died. I was very specific about everything, even the door opening on the right, an ice maker, and the fact that it was available to be delivered immediately. I spent an entire DAY calling everywhere for this.

The refrigerator was ordered and supposed to be delivered TODAY. I spent all morning taking everything out of the refrigerator and freezer.

IMPORTANT FACT: The delivery people DO NOT WORK FOR LOWES.

The paperwork did not say make sure the door opens from the right....great start, but they did change it. THEN.. ..the water line coming from the wall IS COPPER. Well... they won't TOUCH IT if it's copper..their words. That means, according to them..... I have to call a PLUMBER to come and do whatever to the waterline FIRST and then call Lowes to have the delivery people come and finish. UNBELIEVABLE!! Calling Lowes to speak to the Manager several times did NOTHING!!

I CALL THAT BAIT AND SWITCH since nothing more than a $12 piece of tubing (which I got) was ever mentioned when I was ordering.

Now I have the additional cost of a PLUMBER --and its FRIDAY afternoon now. PLUS now I have both refrigerators sitting in my kitchen till the plumbing is done since the installers would not undo the original refrigerator (they don't touch copper, remember) but my food is defrosting as I speak! I am so MAD I can't see straight!

My plumber (Jason with All City Plumbing ) came over on his way home (THANK YOU!) and detached the old water line and attached the new one....all in less than 10 minutes -- using the part that I purchased WITH the new refrigerator! THAT cost me an additional $114.30. Now I have BOTH refrigerators sitting here and will have to make yet another appt with Lowes to have the delivery installers haul the old refrigerator away - which they charge for and have already been paid.

I will NEVER buy anything from LOWES ever again! and you shouldn't either. Obviously their customers DO NOT COME FIRST!...but their lies do!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 04:25 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
I would use Tate nate.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:27 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,301,494 times
Good to know. I'll never buy anything from Lowes because of your poor experience.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:21 AM

623 posts, read 965,226 times
The delivery drivers are not plumbers. They will hook up the old water connection to the refrigerator as a courtesy if it meets Lowe's requirements. The old copper tubing although it works is outdated and they probably didn't want to take responsibility in case it failed. Why do you think your plumber hooked up a new line? Did you really think that the delivery people were going to do a $114.30 job for free? Seeing that you're always talking up how long you have been a realtor I would think you would have know this. Your wrong to slam Lowe's for this as any delivery service would have done the same.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:25 AM

623 posts, read 965,226 times
Another point is you don't need the water line to use the refrigerator/freezer so why is your food left out defrosting? Make no sense

Old 11-17-2018, 08:41 AM

My house is NOT old. The delivery was supposed to include hooking up the water line. I made sure when I did the order. I paid extra for the old refrigerator to be taken away.

There was NO copper line taken out or changed. ALL that was done was to turn off the water valve and hook up the new water HOSE to the copper line and the other end to the refrigerator. I paid for that already in my order.

Yes I am a Realtor, for over 30 years. I DO NOT mess with refrigerator lines since that is not something I am knowledgeable about and it's not part of my job to know. Ask me a zillion other questions about things and I do know that have to do with me being a REALTOR... such as how to build a house and draw and read blue print plans- those things I DO know....and have done!

The delivery/INSTALLERS KNEW what had to be done yet didn't WANT to do it. They are PAID by Lowes to do it though.

WHAT in the hell as my being a Realtor got to do with ANY OF THIS ANYHOW!

Old 11-17-2018, 11:35 AM

217 posts, read 371,752 times
Quote:
I will NEVER buy anything from LOWES ever again! and you shouldn't either.

I am sympathetic to your plight. However, that you had a bad experience and do not intend to buy anything else from Lowe's is your right. To tell others that they "shouldn't either" is presumptuous.

Old 11-17-2018, 12:15 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,301,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattybee View Post
I am sympathetic to your plight. However, that you had a bad experience and do not intend to buy anything else from Lowe's is your right. To tell others that they "shouldn't either" is presumptuous.
The title, too.

Old 11-17-2018, 01:50 PM

It's not presumptuous... you can do anything you want to and I'm not PRESUMING you won't. I said you SHOULDN'T not that you WOULDN'T.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:03 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
The delivery drivers are not plumbers. They will hook up the old water connection to the refrigerator as a courtesy if it meets Lowe's requirements. The old copper tubing although it works is outdated and they probably didn't want to take responsibility in case it failed. Why do you think your plumber hooked up a new line? Did you really think that the delivery people were going to do a $114.30 job for free? Seeing that you're always talking up how long you have been a realtor I would think you would have know this. Your wrong to slam Lowe's for this as any delivery service would have done the same.

Beg to differ "Boston". I had a nice condo in Punta Gorda about 6 yrs. ago, and the warranty on the sellers' 5 yr. old very nice large GE fridge bit the dust about 2 wks. after warranty expired. I was having company that weekend so my neighbors took all the food and freezer things and I went out shopping on Rt. 41 over there for a new fridge. It was about 95 degrees that day. (I am a retired Realtor after about 25 yrs., if it matters to you.) I like to think I've seen enough appliances, good and bad, and have owned enough to know and explicitly what the words "good or great" service mean and how to recognize the lazy delivery people.

I can't remember the name of the store, on Rt. 41 in P/Gorda. I bought a nice Samsung replacement fridge and a few extra goodies for it from them thru a very nice young man, very helpful and efficient. The fridge was delivered the next day by two men, they installed it, hooked up the pricey 'extra' 5 yr. water filter, they even went and got my food from my neighbors while I wiped out the interior. They couldn't have been nicer or more helpful, didn't moan or groan about anything and were gentlemen. I tipped both of them and told the manager of that store how helpful and nice they were to me. A mere retired Realtor, a Yankee for that matter.

Your rudeness to FlaLadyB is totally unwarranted. I hope to be relocating back to FL early spring, and there is no doubt in my mind that if Port Lucie area is my goal this time, I wouldn't hesitate a NY minute to have her find a place for me. She worked with me last year, but things were cut short by major surgery for me. She is a very hard worker, and after 30 yrs. in the business, both of us have just about seen and taken all the nastiness that goes around.

She deserves an apology from you, who obviously have no respect for Realtors who work so hard, and ARE very knowledgeable regarding household items, warranties and what is written in a purchase contract!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach