Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2019, 01:28 PM

233 posts, read 306,033 times

Advertisements

Hi folks, any suggestions for someone who wants to live in Florida?
My daughter is in Sarasota and my Son is in NC.
I have been looking towards the Stuart, Vero Beach area.
How nice is the weather there?
I know, it's Florida..it's humid! But how humid and for how long?
Is there much to do there? What's the closest big city, Miami?
I'm getting tired of many aspects of WA State even though it is beautiful and we have a lot of things here.
Lots of good stores.
I heard a Costco may be coming into the area.
That would help.
So any feedback is welcomed.
Thanks.
Robin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 05:28 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
The worst months to me are June through September. Right now its been gorgeous since last November. No real Winter at all. I haven't turned the heat on in several years. My A/C has been off ....if I look at my bills...since November.
It's great being able to live with the windows open and the breeze.

You have to remember-- we go from air conditioning to the car to air conditioning when it's hot or humid. It's an easy fix no matter what temp you like to live in. You can sleep with it 60 degrees in the house or 80 - all up to you.

No snow, no frozen pipes, no coats, no winter clothes, no boots, no chains for the car, no shoveling snow, no slippery roads.

Stores, depends on who you want or are used to.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:34 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,951 times
Hey Robin- the Treasure Coast is a beautiful area! Everyone has their own opinion, but it's truly my only choice on where to live.

The heat and humidity is continuous during the summer. I live in GA right now, and I would kill for the weather in FL. It's hot here too- but I have NO breeze here! The ocean breeze makes living in FL agreeable.

There are events going on all the time. Check out the other thread here. FlaLadyB keeps everyone updated on the weekly activities in the area. In addition, this area has a large retired community. There are many rec centers and volunteering opportunities to keep you busy if you desire.

West Palm is really where the "good" stores begin. It all depends on what you want, but it's not a far drive to get just about anything you can imagine. Costco is planning on building in Stuart.

I highly recommend you come down and give the area a look. Stuart and Vero are both wonderful, but I would suggest Stuart mainly because it is closer to the bigger cities to the south. Good luck and ask many questions- we love to help!

Old 04-15-2019, 06:29 AM

47 posts, read 74,763 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upi1gdT2nqU

any questions?

Old 04-15-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Refugee View Post
Lots of crime, traffic, pollution,smart meters and cell towers. The grass always looks greener.

There's no crime to speak of in Stuart or the neighboring towns... I never have problem with traffic.. pollution? Not sure but Port St Lucie has some of the cleanest air in FL..

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Located on a long peninsula jutting out from the mainland, pollutants have to drift a long way to get to Port St. Lucie, according to Patrick Gillespie, a spokesman for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.

Since there are no valleys or basins in the area, polluted air doesn't get trapped. And the subtropical breezes that blow much of the time keep things circulating. "Bad air doesn't linger," said Gillespie.

The area has also improved air quality by limiting emissions from local power plants, he said. The plants have mostly now switched over to natural gas, with nitrous oxide levels dropping 80% over the past 10 years.

Last edited by Yac; 04-17-2019 at 12:35 AM..

Old 04-15-2019, 12:15 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Refugee View Post
Some people who live there, especially real estate agent trolls, love to portray the weather as great. It's hot and humid 9 months out of the year. Lots of crime, traffic, pollution,smart meters and cell towers. The grass always looks greener.

I spent more time indoors in FL than any state or country I've lived in. You also get the honor of enduring the increasingly oppressive heat & humidity for most of the year only to be rewarded by an influx of often ignorant tourist and snowbirds that makes getting around increasingly troublesome. I saw my FL neighborhood flip over 3 or 4 times per house in the over 25 years I lived there. Very transient.
well gee, since I have been here on this forum for quite a number of YEARS and you only joined City-Data a couple of months ago, with all of 7 posts, I guess that makes YOU the TROLL.

Obviously you didn't love living in Florida, and hopefully you no longer do, much to the pleasure of those of us who do live here. I am actually a Florida Native - born here, and what I posted about the weather is reality on my part. I'm human too, just like you might be.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:59 PM

117 posts, read 99,120 times
Vero Beach over Stuart any day.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:35 PM

Vero Beach is junk compared to stuart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach